Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
So I had read some of the crazy stuff anti-vaccine people have written and started seeing this term called "shedding" being used a lot. I was like wtf is shedding. The term almost always comes up when discussing whether to quarantine a person that had a vaccine.

Anti-vaccine people now believe that a person that gets a vaccine will spread "shed" a disease, as in the virus that is being inoculated against will spread to anyone near the person that got vaccinated. Most vaccines are "dead" viruses. The live virus vaccines have a lottery winning chance of getting all the way in to another persons body to compromise them. How are these people afraid of getting the disease from a vaccinated person but not afraid of the disease itself to get a vaccine?

Apparently this term started creeping up around when the Measles Outbreak happened at a Disney resort when a group of anti-vaccine people showed up and all got the measles. The anti-vaccine conspiracy theorists couldn't realize how dumb they were, but they had to blame someone, so they blamed vaccinated people for giving them measles through "shedding".

One other term used in the anti-vaccine community is "vaccine injury". Whether through ridicule or sheer dumbness, anti-vaccine people have eschewed just mentioning Autism being caused by vaccines, but now a whole wide berth of issues, disorders, and disabilities are being claimed to have been caused by vaccines under the moniker of "vaccine injury".

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
if they're so afraid of getting a disease from a vaccinated person maybe they should just get the vaccine and then not get the disease

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, unvaccinated people tend to get diseases that vaccinated people don't, yes. That's how it works. The viruses don't use vaccinated people as a springboard, though. Jesus.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People come in with a preconceived notion that vaccines are bad, so they need to create a narrative when they get sick from diseases that are prevented from vaccines.

Basically the logic process of any conspiracy theorist.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Humans are fascinating. I've never understood how we can look at the prospect of a cured disease in the face ("vaccine") and say "nope, that's not the answer."

It boggles the mind.

OP
OP
Trojita

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
There's a subreddit where people submit the crazy things anti-vaccine people say called /r/vaxxhappened

Problem is that reading it will just piss you off

m76FdW6.jpg

upzvxlu2mfu01.jpg

aadfri9s8bu01.png

7n4ohwfqa9u01.png

anjjywt8i4u01.png

Waaghals

Oct 27, 2017
We are set up to live in a world that is dangerous, and where you can die at any time.
So we worry.

And we don't stop worrying just because we have made our environment safe.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
This is one of the few issues where Mississippi, of all states, gets it right. Vaccines should be MANDATORY with zero exceptions other than when medically necessary. Being a dumb motherfucker isn't a good enough reason to opt out of something so important.

I live in a very liberal town, but it also has one of the highest non-vaccinated rates in the country. People here act like they base their political beliefs on logic, science, and compassion and then they turn around and bitch about vaccines because of some hippie fake news bullshit they read online. It's infuriating.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess the poison vaccine and lizard people conspiracies are merging.

The Conspiracy Cinematic Universe.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Does this mean anti vac people will be afraid of me and avoid me? That's a win in my book!

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Fucking idiots shouldn't be allowed to breed. Feel sorry for their children.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ignorant people apparently become even more ignorant over time.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
The anti-vaxxers have only served to make me believe that vaccination should be compulsory. STOP KILLING KIDS, FUCKHEADS.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently this term started creeping up around when the Measles Outbreak happened at a Disney resort when a group of anti-vaccine people showed up and all got the measles. The anti-vaccine conspiracy theorists couldn't realize how dumb they were, but they had to blame someone, so they blamed vaccinated people for giving them measles through "shedding".

Yep, this makes sense as soon as I saw people using "shedding".

Just like other insane conspiracy theorists, even if you show them unbreakable evidence that they're in the wrong, someone in the group will come up in a lie because it's easier to lie than admit you're in the wrong.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As others have said, Antivaxxers are a danger to public health and should be held legally liable for the danger they put other people's children in.

Karasseram

Jan 15, 2018
Vaccinations should be mandatory you can't trust people to not be dumb as bricks.

Also I hope some of those things from that sub is fake cause if they are all real probably a few of those kids are dead now sadly.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like the beginnings of a cult. There's nothing wrong with us, it's everyone else that's bad. Better quarantine ourselves and only associate with like-minded individuals.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly you can't reason with these people because their idea of "reasoning" is completely separate from actual reason.

I'm honestly amazed that the movement seems to be gaining popularity somehow. Like, how?

HP_Wuvcraft

Oct 26, 2017
South of San Francisco
Of course people that think science is magic believe in something like "shedding".
Why the fuck would you risk your kid's life when you're not even sure yourself?

Sadly you can't reason with these people because their idea of "reasoning" is completely separate from actual reason.

I'm honestly amazed that the movement seems to be gaining popularity somehow. Like, how?
It starts out innocent like "I only eat organic food".

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky

Part of it is an irrational fear of their children being autistic, because organizations like Autism Speaks and the overall Internet culture have demonized autistic people to such a degree that they think we're subhumans and that being diagnosed with an ASD is a fate worse than death.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't complain at all if we grabbed these people and forcefully sterilized them. It's bad enough we let the more normal kinds of idiocy spread so much but this is literally fucking dangerous to the entire human race. These dumb shits are going to let old diseases come back and mutate and royally fuck all of us. Put the foot down now before we get to that point.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
edit: nvm

Last edited:

MopDog

Nov 15, 2017
I mean, "shedding" is a real concept. That's how so many people transmit herpes, for example. Most people are asymptomatic, but they will "shed" the virus every so often for various reasons and be completely unaware and pass it on to someone else/their partner.

But this... theory. lol

Ogre

Mar 26, 2018
There's a subreddit where people submit the crazy things anti-vaccine people say called /r/vaxxhappened

Problem is that reading it will just piss you off

m76FdW6.jpg

upzvxlu2mfu01.jpg

aadfri9s8bu01.png

7n4ohwfqa9u01.png

anjjywt8i4u01.png

Thank god for that ID doc. Jesus Christ. I still cringe whenever I hear colleagues/coworkers say they didn't get their flu shot. It's like, are you for real? We have people, in this very hospital, that are dying from flu complications. Fuuuuuck

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Thank god for that ID doc. Jesus Christ. I still cringe whenever I hear colleagues/coworkers say they didn't get their flu shot. It's like, are you for real? We have people, in this very hospital, that are dying from flu complications. Fuuuuuck
Yeah I'm always shocked how few people get their flu shots every year.