• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
According to the gameindustry.biz, the top 10 of best-selling indie games on Switch (Rocket League and Minecraft are not included) is :
  • 1. Stardew Valley
  • 2. Hollow Knight
  • 3. Overcooked 2
  • 4. Undertale
  • 5. Dead Cells
  • 6. Enter the Gungeon (1m in March 2019)
  • 7. Graceful Explosion Machine
  • 8. Celeste
  • 9. Golf Story
  • 10. Overcooked (500k in April 2018)
A few weeks earlier, Enter the Gungeon was confirmed to have sold over 1m copies on Switch, meaning that (at least) 6 games have sold above 1m :

Stardew Valley, Hollow Knight, Overcooked 2, Undertale, Dead Cells and Enter the Gungeon.

Congrats to the teams for this well deserved success and we'll undoubtedly hear more success stories on Switch in the upcoming months ;)

Oct 27, 2017
Games Industry source here is Kotaku, and they missed the part where Kotaku indeed say the list is in no particular order.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
I have all of those except for Overcooked 2 and they're all great (some amazing) games in their own right. Extremely surprised to see Graceful Explosion Machine on that list but really pleased it did that well!! Golf Story was outstanding so don't sleep on that one, people!

Deleted member 26156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I expected Celeste to be higher up considering its GotY nominations, but I guess not. Still, why is Graceful Explosion Machine here? Its such a random one to have sold so much.

Nitpicker_Red

Nov 3, 2017
Apparently, it is according to the reliable gamesindustry and the ranking does make sense.
GameIndustry [sic]:
In a session at GDC 2019, which was body textattended by Kotaku, Nintendo confirmed that the popular farming sim is the best-selling indie game globally on the Switch.
Kotaku (from article linked):
Here, in no particular order, are the Switch's current all-time best selling indie games:
----
Games Industry source here is Kotaku, and they missed the part where Kotaku indeed say the list is in no particular order.
Exactly. They did not attend the GDC event themselves.

MadScientist

Oct 27, 2017
I bought half of those games on my switch. Celeste, Dead Cells, Hollow Knight, Enter the Gungeon, and Stardew.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
According to the gameindustry.biz, the top 10 of best-selling indie games on Switch (Rocket League and Minecraft are not included) is :
  • 1. Stardew Valley
  • 2. Hollow Knight
  • 3. Overcooked 2
  • 4. Undertale
  • 5. Dead Cells
  • 6. Enter the Gungeon (1m in March 2019)
  • 7. Graceful Explosion Machine
  • 8. Celeste
  • 9. Golf Story
  • 10. Overcooked (500k in April 2018)
A few weeks earlier, Enter the Gungeon was confirmed to have sold over 1m copies on Switch, meaning that (at least) 6 games have sold above 1m :

Stardew Valley, Hollow Knight, Overcooked 2, Undertale, Dead Cells and Enter the Gungeon.

Congrats to the teams for this well deserved success and we'll undoubtedly hear more success stories on Switch in the upcoming months ;)
actual source: https://kotaku.com/nintendo-reveals-the-10-current-best-selling-indie-game-1833472265

screenshot_2019-03-22snja6.png

always go to the actual source of the article cited in a news post...

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Great to see indies being successful in the Switch. Played Hollow Knight, Overcooked, Celeste, Golf Story and Undertale. Planning on getting both Dead Cells and Enter the Gungeon at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.