• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah there are like 20 to 40 worldwide players on the first TitanFall (on PC), so it's pretty much dead already but that's no excuse.

I've wanted to play it since it released but never got around to it, until now since I got an EA Access sub.

Problem is, it's impossible to finish a match. There's this ONE guy called Atomic Bomb who says he's running a script that sends back the other players to the desktop. He seems to have an alt account and/or a friend pulling the same shit, both usernames are in the same format:
||||||||||||| Atomic Bomb |||||||||||||
and
||||||||||||| Apex Legends |||||||||||||

Not really sure how usernames work on Origin but when you click on them, the profile name is different. (update: it's because the hacker usurps the identity of others)
I've seen it reported in a Reddit thread, and yeah, everytime I get kicked off the game, this Atomic Bomb shithead or Apex Legends are there. Apparently they're proud of doing that.
How sad your life can be. The game is already dead, there are litteraly less than 50 people playing it who I'd guess like the game a lot, and others folks like me who wanted to play it for a few days and get a taste of it.
Here's a little vid of me trying to find where to report a user on Origin (never done that before) and being sent back to desktop at the end (nothing special to see, just skip to the last 5 seconds if you want):

(note: the profile we see in the vid after I click on Apex Legends is not the hacker. It just shows that when you try to report him you're actually reporting other players)

Here is the thread, it's the first thing that appeared when I googled the error message, that says "Too many Proxies for Datatable DT_BasePlayer".
I was playing today, and there was a player called "Atomic Bomb" who said that he was running a script that would cause my game to crash to desktop.
So, now this happens every time I try to load a game. Really sad, between the speedhackers and the people force-joining lobbies to kill games, it is just impossible to play anymore.
I've got the same errors and i can confirm ||||||||||||| Atomic Bomb ||||||||||||| , but also ||||||||||||| Apex Legends ||||||||||||| is behind this. Is a Pathetic angry child of northwest, angry because he never got the skills.
I know it's dumb and everyone is gonna tell me to just play TF2 anyway, but I'm always curious to give a try to previous entries in series that interest me. I would have liked to play it at least a few hours...
Furthermore, when you take a step back and think about it it's crazy that a game like this released by one of the biggest publishers in the world, becomes unplayable because of one or two guys. It's in the library of a lot of people but no one can do anything other than looking at the menu or do the basic training.

I knew cheating was rampant in PC games, but this is something else. Are there other games that have become unplayable of PC because of morons like that? And I don't mean because they cheat, but because they literally kick other players from the game just for the lolz.

tl;dr: one guy is ruining it for the 30 poor souls still enjoying the game, by running a script that kicks everyone back to the desktop with an error message.

Last edited:

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hmm I didn't realize the first Titanfall was so sparse on PC. I play it every now and again on Xbox and it seems to have a decent cult following still. Perhaps it's smaller than it feels.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Someone hacked the Lost Planet 2 leaderboards which prevents anyone from 100%ing the game.

There's a hacker/hackers that go around nuking peoples profiles in Warhawk preventing them from ranking up, achieving any ingame medals and totally destroys stat tracking.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Been seeing this kind of crap since CoD: World at War. Eventually the developers can't be bothered to monitor it anymore. That's the unfortunate future of these online games. They'll be unplayable after several years.

OP
OP
Nikus

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ha, just saw this on the EA forums:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/PLEASE-STOP-THE-HACKERS/td-p/7509008

I was in a chat with EA tech support this morning about this issue. I uploaded a screen shot of the error message to them as well as a video I took yesterday showing the speed hacker WonderExplorer1 zooming around. From what I could get from the tech support guy (and what I infered by reading between the lines) EA is aware of what's going on but probably won't do anything about it as TF is an old game. If that's how their support goes, I won't be buying any thing else from them.
And another important bit:
It isn't the real Woodjablomey doing the crashing. Apparently this hacker is able to spoof other people's game tag exactly and assume their identity online. the hacker usually doesn't have a mic though and the language being typed is the same no matter what the name is.

That's pretty sad if true...
I thought there would be a small bump to the playerbase thanks to the success of Apex, but people can't even play it if they want to, so...RIP :/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nikus

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hell no. TF1 is way better. This guy sucks ass for doing this.
It's better? Interesting. I admit I've only read things about the solo campaign of TF2 who seems to be great.
Well, I hope EA or someone at Respawn cares enough to do something.

I remember the CM of Respawn posting in the Apex thread when it launched. I wonder if it would be worth it to ping them here to ask about it, but I don't remember their username.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
I probably ran into the same asshole when I tried playing it 2 weeks ago. He was using wall hacks, speed hacks, and other stupid shit. Couldn't find another game since there's only 40 players online as the high...

27 Burritos

Dec 27, 2018
I don't understand why people just need to ruin other people's fun. I tried GTA Online and a guy was just blowing everyone up.

borat

Banned
Jan 2, 2018
so this guy has the game up 24/7 just to fuck with people trying to play? that's some dedication

Deleted member 28962

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
There was something like this in L4D1, a hack called salsa that would make other people's copy of L4D1 unplayable, it was only used in the competitive communities. Valve finally patched this last year.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
That's not fun for anyone. Also, title should clarify this is the PC version. Almost got a heart attack when I first read it.

OP
OP
Nikus

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's not fun for anyone. Also, title should clarify this is the PC version. Almost got a heart attack when I first read it.
Yeah sorry, I can tell a mod. But I've read a comment saying the guy is also active on 360 and One with the same username, and I don't know if it means he's just playing there or if he managed to ruin the fun for console players too. [edit: disregard that, I misread something]

Last edited:

p0358

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
User Banned (permanent): egregious off-site behavior, hacking game servers
Can I ask why do you accuse me?

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
This reminds me of when I finally got around to playing Stranglehold on 360, when there were basically like 3 people left in MP. There was a guy in there who I guess had hacked the game to give him bullet time whenever he wanted, so when you got into the match you just got non-stop murdered. But there was no one playing the game except the occasional straggler like me who wandered in. So I had no idea how this was fun for the guy (unless this was a bot of some kind).

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
People are bizarre. Imagine doing this...

It's like that guy who bought up hundreds of Rosalina amiibo just so other people couldn't get them.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
It's a shame to hear the pool of players is so small. Every now and then I'm tempted to pick up a Xbox 360 copy of the game as I definitely remember enjoying it when I rented it at launch.

gattotimo

Oct 28, 2017
This (along with so many others) is the reason why I'll never get into multiplayer games. Dealing with idiots it's not fun

OP
OP
Nikus

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can I ask why do you accuse me?
Okay I think I understand. I just saw you were in that reddit thread, and I have to say, I'm not familiar with reddit at all. You put "[Same name on PC/Xbox One/Xbox 360]" and I thought it was part of your post or the title of your post. Basically I thought you meant that the hacker was using the same username (aka Atomic Bomb or Apex Legends) on consoles, but it was actually to note that you used the same username everywhere, in case people want to add you I assume. Sorry for the confusion! I see you've reported stuff about this hacker a number of times and even took a video too.
I really hope EA/Respawn can do something...

Weird post, and your first one. I assume you're the hacker in question, or perhaps a troll? Either way, grow up.
It seems to be a misunderstanding, partly my fault because I suck at reading reddit correctly. I wonder how they found this Era thread so fast though.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Play any older cod on consoles lol

Yup, the reason I stopped playing MW2, even though it was my favourite shooter at the time.

It's so stupid there are so many people out there who want to ruin games selfishly and it's even worse companies don't protect their products once it's no longer the main game of focus.

p0358

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
?
Can I ask who you are? Nobody accused you.

"just saw another message saying the guy has the same username on PC, 360 and One"
Not sure where had you seen this, but it's taken straight out of my Reddit flare on r/Titanfall. The cheater's name on Origin is pO358 (notice how he changed 0 to O on order to fake my name). Just saying this in hope no more people will fall for it xd
And he does it actually because I've tried to get rid of them every possible way. You may try pinging Respawn, so far they either didn't notice us or ignored. I don't think they have excuse, banning them should take like a minute, and refusing to do that because "the game is old" is some nonsense... :/

p0358

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Okay I think I understand. I just saw you were in that reddit thread, and I have to say, I'm not familiar with reddit at all. You put "[Same name on PC/Xbox One/Xbox 360]" and I thought it was part of your post or the title of your post. Basically I thought you meant that the hacker was using the same username (aka Atomic Bomb or Apex Legends) on consoles, but it was actually to note that you used the same username everywhere, in case people want to add you I assume. Sorry for the confusion! I see you've reported stuff about this hacker a number of times and even took a video too.
I really hope EA/Respawn can do something...

It seems to be a misunderstanding, partly my fault because I suck at reading reddit correctly. I wonder how they found this Era thread so fast though.

Ah, I see, no problem :P It's just that some people had seen the fake name and started accusing the real me pretty aggressively in some places

p0358

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
And about the crashes, I've found one way to avoid them (server fortunately isn't affected), I will soon release a tool that will live patch the code and let you stay on the server at least. I haven't seen them joining parties of people lately, so I also hope EA fixed that bug in Origin client that let them join anyone. If that's the case, I might attempt running my anti-cheat script again too (because that's how they avoided it)

OP
OP
Nikus

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nah it's my fault I misread something on reddit; That poster has actually been denouncing the hacker for a while. You can see this asshole in their video here:

And I have indeed seen reports that the hacker had found a way to usurp the identity of other players.
And about the crashes, I've found one way to avoid them (server fortunately isn't affected), I will soon release a tool that will live patch the code and let you stay on the server at least. I haven't seen them joining parties of people lately, so I also hope EA fixed that bug in Origin client that let them join anyone. If that's the case, I might attempt running my anti-cheat script again too (because that's how they avoided it)
Well at least you're doing something. That's more than EA and Respawn have been doing.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck hackers in online games. It's already annoying enough there's people using them in online shooters to win or something, but shit like this that only really hurts other people? Karma can't come soon enough.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
That's certainly infuriating. Also what a sad life.

Makes a good case for a lifetime ban on Origin.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That sucks. Hopefully EA/Respawn can take a look into it

Also.... I didn't even know Era has open registrations. No wonder we have so many burner accounts here.

p0358

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Can you play on console?

Titanfall on Xbox says there's 0 players in my region (Australia) and yet I got into a game in literally 4 seconds lol

Depending on location and search time, it does also search for matches in differ regions, so you likely don't actually play on Australian region, only your private lobby is Australian (or the counter could be wrong, but it at least used to be kinda precise)

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Uh, this might be a stupid question, but maybe the reason there's 30 players is that people can't play the game and simply stop attempting to?

OP
OP
Nikus

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Uh, this might be a stupid question, but maybe the reason there's 30 players is that people can't play the game and simply stop attempting to?
It was already under 100 afaik, maybe around 50. But with the success of Apex Legends there was a bump in players for TF2, and a very small bump for TF1 but yeah it's gonna completely die now if nothing is done.
That's quite simple, was just googling around hoping to find something about the error, but hadn't found any definitive trace of it being used maliciously before
Ah, I see. Well, welcome on Era then :p

OP
OP
Nikus

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Double post.
I just saw that the vid I uploaded yesterday with me getting kicked out has more than 4.5k views on YouTube. Usually the random stuff I upload has two or three views so it seems people are searching for answers, or just curious about the issue.
edit: oh, it seems some sites have started to write articles about it and they linked to my video:
The original Titanfall has nine players worldwide on PC at time of writing, according to this tracking site. But those numbers may not be due entirely to the fact that it's nearly five years old and has a sequel. It seems there's a single hacker who is griefing Titanfall's small number of dedicated players by running a script that kicks them back to the desktop, preventing them from finishing games.

The issue was first raised on Reddit by u/TheLPMaster, who says they get the same message ("Too many proxies for datatable") after a few seconds in a lobby. The thread's been picked up on ResetEra, with users on both forums sharing anecdotes which suggest there's one thoroughly unpleasant person out there who seems to enjoy spoiling things for other people.
More at the link: https://www.pcgamesn.com/titanfall/titanfall-hackers

I hope it's not gonna bother you that I send you a notif here Jay Frechette, but if there's a chance you could pass this to people who care and/or who can do something about it, that would be great.
There may still be people buying the game or its DLC and they just can't play it. I subbed to EA Access for the month for two things: the Anthem demo, and playing TitanFall. Well I played Anthem once and wanted to spend the rest of the month playing the first TitanFall but I'm screwed. Other people who seem to love this game can't play it anymore. Because of one dude apparently. There are also reports that he's spamming racial slurs from time to time for good measure...

Some people have already talked with tech support but it wasn't helpful and not encouraging, so we're at a loss here...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nikus

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bumping because nothing has been done. People are still reporting the issue of the same hacker on the EA forums and are being ignored. The game is still being sold and is not playable by anyone.
So, from the bottom of my heart: fuck you Respawn, and shame on you.

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
expendables24.jpg