Are you excited that Summer's right around the corner?

• Yes

Votes: 226 27.8%
  • No

Votes: 586 72.2%

• Total voters

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
No, I hate the heat, the long, bright days, the busyness, all the insects everywhere. Already dreading the next few months.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
I live in New England so May though October is basically our reward for November through April. Though April and November usually are decent enough. We just have the one bedroom window AC unit we always put in late in the year and have only a few stretches of time that are particularly hot.

If I lived in the Southeast I'd be dreading the next few months - I hate feeling hot and sweaty.

DonNadie

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yes! I love going to the beach, cooking on the grill, water parks, early sunrises and long days etc. Yes humidity and bugs suck, but we have the tools to deal with that lol.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Beach already opened here in Lisbon. I do love my hoodies but I'll be happy for t-shirt and shorts and beach after work. Plus summer makes day drinking more acceptable, and I love me some day drinking.

Jan 20, 2022
I finally have air conditioning so it shouldn't be so miserable. The good thing about living in a place with seasons is I get excited for each one. No one season overstays its welcome

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
It's too hot and smokey here so no I don't really like summer all that much anymore.

Gotta reply to myself. Smoke is already here... May flippin' 12th. When's the first day of summer in the northern hemisphere again? June 20th... our forests are like kindling.

Towns in the northern part of my province are already being evacuated and all the fires were MAN MADE.

The smoke we are getting in Central Alberta are from wild fires in NE British Columbia that started LAST YEAR.

Sorry i'm a bit pissed off at humankind today. but fuck y'all

SmackDaddy

Nov 25, 2017
Los Angeles
ive never understood the "WOOO SUMMER" philosophy. Every day is cool for it's own reason. Summer is generally too hot, too humid, and the sun's UVs will give me cancer if i dont slather on the screen

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
My apartment is already becoming borderline uncomfortable. I don't know how I'll survive another summer without AC.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Excited: Rooftop Bars, BBQs, overall chilling outdoors

Not Excited: Loud AF Air Conditioner, hot subway stations, spending $300 on a Keratin treatment to prevent the inevitable frizzy hair

TheKid

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area
Used to hate summer but I'm losing weight now and really been enjoying the heat. Bring on all the bike rides and breweries and concerts

Dec 4, 2017
As a bipolar who experiences seasonal depression every year, yes. This winter/spring where I live in France has been brutal. Sure, it has never been very cold due to climate change, but this year has been very very cloudy and I can 't fucking stand the lack of sun anymore, and I am currently on the verge of a nervous breakdown because of it. I mean, I'm a vampire, I have very light toned skin, so I get sunburns when the temperature is above 15°C. I do not like hot temperature, it can be hard to sleep some nights and I am one of the guy who sweats the most on earth, but It's a trade-off I accept because of long days and sunny days which means I will be alive again. Plus, again, because of my bipolar disorder, I experience hypersyntonia, so I'm ready to experience long walks in the evening when the sun falls only at 10:30 PM and people are enjoying the long evenings in the city while eating, drinking, laughing with each other, in parks, bar terraces, along the river etc. Just being in this kind of social mood brings me joy.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for over 90-100 weather. Yessiree. Nothing like being hot and miserable.

Shuckle

Mar 30, 2018
Wow so many people here hate the summer. I love the hot weather, being able to go outside without extra clothes, longer days. Sometimes I get depressed because I dont have many friends and I feel like I'm missing out on opportunities in the summer but winter is usually worse some days you are literally trapped inside and cannot go anywhere without risking your life.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
If I had AC up here in Seattle I'd be more fine with it, but I'm overweight, I sweat like fucking crazy, and I'm on at least three meds that make me way more sensitive to heat so I fucking hate it.

I spent 33 years of my life in Arizona (27 years) and SoCal (5 years) so I know my way around summers. You'd think that'd make me enjoy Seattle summers more, but the lack of AC really fucking kills it for me. Also doesn't help that our apartment only has windows on one side so we can't even get good cross-breezes going.

At least we got a portable AC last year that made things a bit more bearable most of the season.

Also fuck y'all that are like, "lol all these contrarian nerds on a game forum hate summer big surprise". Can't you just express an opinion without making assumptions or insulting others?

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
I literally bought a cabin in the mountains in the fall last year just so I can escape the heat in the summer. Even in Northern Colorado, July and August will get into the 90's. I'm originally from South Texas and I can't stand the heat or humidity.

rudeboyoslo

Jan 5, 2018
Wow so many people here hate the summer. I love the hot weather, being able to go outside without extra clothes, longer days.

Yeah the anti summer thing is so weird to me, how can you not enjoy nice weather. But I'm not gonna judge, people are built different. To me summer is what makes life worth living and a lovely payoff after the nightmare that is winter.

For what it's worth, I hope you get to enjoy summer activities even without friends around, I know the feeling.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Having daylight even at night is the one thing that makes living in a northern country bearable. Summer is the best time of the year.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
i live in Virginia i hate summer it's just miserable for months. give me winter.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Once you start working it all kinda blends, shit is just a period when it is hotter.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
My aircon works this year so I'm ambivalent at worst.