Are you excited that Summer's right around the corner?

• Yes

Votes: 226 27.8%
  • No

Votes: 586 72.2%

• Total voters

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
Wow so many people here hate the summer. I love the hot weather, being able to go outside without extra clothes, longer days. Sometimes I get depressed because I dont have many friends and I feel like I'm missing out on opportunities in the summer but winter is usually worse some days you are literally trapped inside and cannot go anywhere without risking your life.
Where do you live? You don't get the heat or the humidity, and you clearly don't get the smoke. Congrats for avoiding the modern summer bullshit for now. I'm sure your time is coming too

edit: sorry I'm stuck in my house and it's 25c in Canada in May because we already have wildfire smoke. I understand it's nice to get out of the house and I'm jealous. I apologize for venting in my reply to you.

LetsEatSnacks

Oct 18, 2020
United States
Add me to the small group of people here who are perplexed that so many people hate summer.

While I understand the sentiment behind liking Fall and Spring better, I just don't understand how someone can love winter over summer. I've lived in South Dakota my entire life and I'd take 10 minutes outside in 100 degree heat over 10 minutes outside in -30 cold any day. Like, I actively run my ass off to my car, wearing multiple layers, just to get myself out of the intensity of a windy and cold winter day. There's just so much prep and BS between getting from point A to point B, especially when there is 12 inches of snow on the ground versus, "Oh, it is hot and humid out. I'll just dress comfortably and turn on my AC in my car."

Then there's a ton of nice summer nights where you can go be outside and be comfortable without having to think about it. Hanging out in a backyard with friends in the middle of summer is just 1000 times more enjoyable to me than most other things in life.

I understand the sentiment of people who have hellish summers (I've spent months in South Carolina during the summer so I know first hand) but I think I still prefer that hell over a hellish winter any day.

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
Currently sitting in my new apartment dying in 90* because maintenance has not installed my ac unit yet, being in Oregon I'm ready for no rain, but then again I'm not ready for the 100+ weather.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
I love the summer

nothing's better than getting off work or school and seeing the sun still in the sky

Snagret

Oct 25, 2017
Then there's a ton of nice summer nights where you can go be outside and be comfortable without having to think about it. Hanging out in a backyard with friends in the middle of summer is just 1000 times more enjoyable to me than most other things in life.
It's literally like 90+ degrees and humid as fuck at night where I am, the heat is perpetual and miserable.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
No, I hate summer , especially where I live , winter can't come soon enough, I miss the mild cold we get here.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
I'm already sticky and humid in this UK spring. Definitely not looking forward to our 1-2 weeks of summer

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Wow so many people here hate the summer. I love the hot weather, being able to go outside without extra clothes, longer days. Sometimes I get depressed because I dont have many friends and I feel like I'm missing out on opportunities in the summer but winter is usually worse some days you are literally trapped inside and cannot go anywhere without risking your life.
In my city dozens die every Summer

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
it's about to hit winter here, I'm not excited about it in the slightest
my heating bills are always a nightmare

I miss the summer

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Can't fucking wait for Summer. Just snowed for hopefully the last time this season last week. I wanna play some golf.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Yep. I love the warm Summer weather and seeing kids off of school playing around the neighborhood gives me nostalgia and a vicarious sense of joy. I'm also excited for my sister's wedding, a trip to Seattle, and going to the beach.

For me, the hotter the better. I don't like really cold weather very much. I know you can just layer up to make yourself warmer but I hate the sensory feeling of wearing layers. Luckily I live somewhere where the weather is mild year round.

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
No. Summer is way too fucking hot. Fuck summer! My ultimate dream is to move somewhere that only has a mild summer, because I'm so fucking over this yearly bullshit.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
Used to love summer as a kid, eating freeze pops and having super soaker battles and stuff.

As a grown adult it fucking sucks, I can't deal with the heat and humidity anymore.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, because I''m in Florida. Unbearable heat and humidity, mosquitoes, and the constant watching of the Atlantic and Tropics for weather patterns that could become the next Cat 5 hurricane. Not to mention the beaches in my area are kind of becoming a no-go here in the Gulf of Mexico around where I live (south of Tampa, FL) as the water gets so warm that we have outbreaks of Red Tide, skin/brain-eating bacteria, and "increased fecal bacteria counts" that close down whole beaches for days on end. As a person with a hindered immune system I really miss going, but at least I have access to a pool.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
No, it gets too hot here and the air is always brutal from forest fires.

The best thing about summer is that it means we're one step closer to fall.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Huh, didn't expect 72% of people here not excited for the summer. I know, gamers hate the sun and all, but that's just a stereotype, right?
Ng1wa.jpg

Anyway lol I can't wait. I'm already loving the weather in the UK do far, in 20s C. Going out with the family and meeting friends more often. Doing things outside. Going on holiday.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Huh, didn't expect 72% of people here not excited for the summer. I know, gamers hate the sun and all, but that's just a stereotype, right?
Ng1wa.jpg

Anyway lol I can't wait. I'm already loving the weather in the UK do far, in 20s C. Going out with the family and meeting friends more often. Doing things outside. Going on holiday.
I wish we had as low as 20 C in our winter

We are in the middle of fall and it's *checks* 35ºC. The fun part is that next year it will get worse!

Last edited:

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Sure? but honestly the weather in Spring/Fall is more to my liking as I've gotten older. I just SWEAT so much when it's hot out now.

But yea I look forward to our beach vacation and summery things that happen every year.

Bengraven