• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Wait let me finish.

So I had this amazing, wonderful idea that I tried to pitch in various general threads. Look. Everyone loves loot boxes right?

Imagine:

We all want to support Era, and we all know a forum with this amount of users can be costly. Thing is, if you just donate shit without getting something, the mods are in some kind of conundrum: how can they ever warn or ban you, if they'd have to endure countless and countless bitchy mails by you, complaining about this, when you previously PAID THEM, those assholes. How DARE THEY. Of course, you'd lawyer up and rightfully sue this whole god damn place to burning ashes. And who would fault you.

So the forum needs to get paid without your incredibly generous and selfless offerings. Obviously, no one has this kind of money but wait, no one has user tags either!

Now here's the pitch. You, common user of ResetEra, buy EraLoot(tm) boxes (tm) for the low cost of whatever the fuck they want from you because you already know you will pay. In this box, not only one but five user titles wait for you. One of them maybe a guaranteed rare title, with luck even a legendary one. You can easily equip one out of your collection via the user menu and boom, it'll be right there under your sorry ass name.

Regular titles will be just that. Common ass titles with a fun joke, a condescending line or other variants of whatever might be a fun addition. They're tons of them, there might even be a thread to pitch your title idea to the team.

Rare titles will be the same, but colorful! Youll be sure to get looked at twice with these babies.

Legendary titles may be tiny pictures, golden or silver tags or famous quotes from this or a certain other forum, hell if I know. They're going to be cool is the point. And hella rare.

Alright that's it who's with me?

Last edited:

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they keep tags away aside from identifying a mod/admin or someone who is a verified dev/insider/journalist etc

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
To be completely honest, this idea gave me cancer and you might need to be exiled to the other place. Enjoy your $30 Italian meal. Alone.

I am not opposed to something like a scaled down version of SomethingAwful's tag system, where you can pay to apply a tag to someone, cleared with the mods before attached, including yourself.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
That's still going to create some sort of hierarchy, particularly when it comes to general forum discussions, and not just from the moderation perspective.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like it could become super tacky. Imagine if everyone on a page had colorful tags.

Also, think of the superiority complex the "Legendary" posters would get.

Sorry, but no thanks.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait let me finish.

So I had this amazing, wonderful idea that I tried to pitch in various general threads. Look. Everyone loves loot boxes right?

Imagine:

We all want to support Era, and we all know a forum with this amount of users can be costly. Thing is, if you just donate shit without getting something, the mods are in some kind of conundrum: how can they ever warn or ban you, if they'd have to endure countless and countless bitchy mails by you, complaining about that when you previously PAID THEM, those assholes. How DARE THEY. Of course, you'd lawyer up and rightfully sure this whole god damn place to burning ashes. And who would fault you.

So the forum needs to get paid without your incredibly generous and selfless offerings. Obviously, no one has this kind of money but wait, no one has user tags either!

Now here's the pitch. You, common user of ResetEra, buy EraLoot(tm) boxes (tm) for the low cost of whatever the fuck they want from you because you already know you will pay. In this box, not only one but five user titles wait for you. One of them maybe a guaranteed rare title, with luck even a legendary one. You can easily equip one out of your collection via the user menu and boom, it'll be right there under your sorry ass name.

Regular titles will be just that. Common ass titles with a fun joke, a condescending line or other variants of whatever might be a fun addition. They're tons of them, there might even be a thread to pitch your title idea to the team.

Rare titles will be the same, but colorful! Youll be sure to get looked at twice with these babies.

Legendary titles may be tiny pictures, golden or silver tags or famous quotes from this or a certain other forum, hell if I know. They're going to be cool is the point. And hella rare.

Have you been playing Clash Royale or something? You forgot Epics.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
no pay features, but I wouldn't mind getting some achievements or raid loot

maybe some rare purple equipment

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
Only if there's a preference option to turn them off.
And it has to default to off.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
ok-then.gif

The Archon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Loot boxes?

Fuck that!

Seriously, OP I think that this isn't a good tag fishing attempt or a good idea overall

roboleon

random guy on the internet
Oct 26, 2017
Fresh thinking, but the idea sucks

Tags should either don't exist, or be like random strikes of lightning.

Dr. Dre's Dr.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish tags had been left behind. I feel like they did more harm than good. Once in a while you would see good thread that deserved it but the fishing for one was annoying in general. It ended up in dumb thread clutter and perching mods on stands back there in attempt to get one.

Beans

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nah I'm still waiting for my tag about making a thread about farts

Status
Not open for further replies.