• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
This looks so amazing! I'm a sound designer and I wish I could help out with game audio assets! The art style is so inspiring. Extremely easy on the eyes and just makes me want to start designing. I see you already have an audio engineer on the team though :).

Good luck with everything! I'll enjoy watching the progress on this.

P.S. I would straight up die for Taco the doggo.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im usually suspicious when people post their games here because most of them suck, but this is really compelling and charming stuff, I hope you lean in having indonesian flora, fauna and holidays. You should feel proud!

OP
OP
Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Oct 25, 2017
Wow this looks a lot better than before.

Any idea how you're gonna design the gameplay ? I'd love to have a challenging game and I love the early struggle of farming games, but it gets boring after you hit that tipping point where you make a ton of cash. Hope theres plans for long-term gameplay challenges.

Thank you! This is my first true foray into game dev, and I now understand how things can and will improve during the polish phase lol.

As for the game design -- the early to early mid-game is similar to other farm sims. The major difference being the quality of your crops and animal products are more deterministic here. You come across rare kelps as you dive that can be used to upgrade the rating of your seeds and animal fodder.

I totally agree with you on reaching a tipping point. Have several loose ideas such as unlocking the ability to splice together crops maybe haha. But in all honesty, part of the reason we want to do Early Access is to involve the community in deciding things such as what the ideal late-game looks like.

This looks so amazing! I'm a sound designer and I wish I could help out with game audio assets! The art style is so inspiring. Extremely easy on the eyes and just makes me want to start designing. I see you already have an audio engineer on the team though :).

Good luck with everything! I'll enjoy watching the progress on this.

P.S. I would straight up die for Taco the doggo.

Thanks so much!

Im usually suspicious when people post their games here because most of them suck, but this is really compelling and charming stuff, I hope you lean in having indonesian flora, fauna and holidays. You should feel proud!

All i see are flaws lol, but thank you for the comments.

Yeap, I'm really hoping to add some tropical/Indonesia fauna into the world map =)

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, I hadn't check this thread in a while and all of the updates are looking so amazing! I can't wait to see the trailer. Best of luck!

OP
OP
Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Oct 25, 2017
Smaller update from last month. Some new character reveals, a beach scene, and the pig now has animation!

1440pSepChar.png

Suki-_default_happy_sad_jpeg.jpg

I'm really proud of our character line up. Especially Suki, who is featured above. She is recently divorced, and at a stage in her life where she wants to focus on herself while building a healthy co-parenting relationship with her ex.

GoodMorning-1440p.png

Waiting for UE 4.26 that comes with some awesome water shader tech. I think it will really elevate the scene!

August_PigRoll06.gif

Just a pig rolling in mud

Oh wow, I hadn't check this thread in a while and all of the updates are looking so amazing! I can't wait to see the trailer. Best of luck!

Thank you so much! The trailer is coming along really nicely. Our steam page still doesn't have any video but I guess might as well wait until the trailer is done and put that up lol

Portalbox

Oct 25, 2017
This looks so good! Congrats to you and your team! The animals are especially really cute.

Is Scott dateable btw?

Announcement Trailer Released!
OP
OP
Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Oct 25, 2017
Folks... at long last, I emerge with an update. We've released the announcement trailer. What a journey to get to this point!

Appreciate the feedback this community has provided. Particularly with how the characters look. It's crazy how different the character proportions are from when I first posted this thread. Anyway, eager for thoughts and feedback! Always looking for ways to improve.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Folks... at long last, I emerge with an update. We've released the announcement trailer. What a journey to get to this point!

Appreciate the feedback this community has provided. Particularly with how the characters look. It's crazy how different the character proportions are from when I first posted this thread. Anyway, eager for thoughts and feedback! Always looking for ways to improve.

Awesome trailer! Congratulations on the milestone. I'm definitely looking forward to the KS.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
I love this so much! It looks so charming and full of life! I adore how bright and colourful everything is. And I absolutely love how there is a diverse amount of plants and trees to grow that (I'm assuming; I don't live there) you'd actually find in Indonesia or a fictional island with similar climate. I think that will really set this game apart from other farm/life sim games. Of course that's even without mentioning the coral diving, which is GORGEOUS. I've just wishlisted it on steam, and I'm looking forward to the kickstarter!

Kemiko

Oct 5, 2018
Oh wow, just caught up on this whole thread and just in time to watch the trailer as well!

Really nice looking so far, I love the whole feel it gives off, very warm and welcoming. I know my wife will love this as well.

I shall be keeping an eye out for your Kickstarter!

OP
OP
Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome trailer! Congratulations on the milestone. I'm definitely looking forward to the KS.

Thanks a bunch. Definitely feel a lot of pressure off my shoulders. Real talk, making a trailer is hard!

I love this so much! It looks so charming and full of life! I adore how bright and colourful everything is. And I absolutely love how there is a diverse amount of plants and trees to grow that (I'm assuming; I don't live there) you'd actually find in Indonesia or a fictional island with similar climate. I think that will really set this game apart from other farm/life sim games. Of course that's even without mentioning the coral diving, which is GORGEOUS. I've just wishlisted it on steam, and I'm looking forward to the kickstarter!

Love your comments! Yup, we're trying to incorporate some unique fauna and architecture into the game native to Southeast Asia, glad you noticed that =)

Thank you!

Oh wow, just caught up on this whole thread and just in time to watch the trailer as well!

Really nice looking so far, I love the whole feel it gives off, very warm and welcoming. I know my wife will love this as well.

I shall be keeping an eye out for your Kickstarter!

Yea, I'm really excited about Kickstarter as well!

Boss-

Apr 20, 2018
Smaller update from last month. Some new character reveals, a beach scene, and the pig now has animation!

1440pSepChar.png

I'm really proud of our character line up. Especially Suki, who is featured above. She is recently divorced, and at a stage in her life where she wants to focus on herself while building a healthy co-parenting relationship with her ex.

GoodMorning-1440p.png

Waiting for UE 4.26 that comes with some awesome water shader tech. I think it will really elevate the scene!

August_PigRoll06.gif

Thank you so much! The trailer is coming along really nicely. Our steam page still doesn't have any video but I guess might as well wait until the trailer is done and put that up lol

Congrats on the progress.

The girl in purple, is that stretch marks or a tattoo?

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Obviously early access so a few things (like some animations) are still rough around the edges, but this looks fantastic so far! I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for the Kickstarter.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Game looks so cool, will have to save some money for February to support it on Kickstarter, this is right up my alley.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

Congratulations! Looks absolutely wonderful and it's been neat to see stages of the journey through your posts here.
Is Win/Steam the main platform for the Kickstarter or are there aims for future platforms or OS's too?

Best of luck and fortune to you and the team.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Congrats on the announcement trailer and good luck with the Kickstarter! Seeing this project progress is really cool.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Cheers!

The girl in purple is named Suki, and those marks on her belly are stretch marks. She actually has a daughter named Valentina that is an NPC on the island!
Just a very small remark: To my best knowledge (and based on what my wife said), stretch marks are usually only red when they are new, and then turn white (like a scar). Since Suki's child seems to be a bit older already, they should probably be white.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo

OMG those cows looking fucking perfect I want to buy the game just for them. Please tell me you can pet the cows?

Caesar III

Jan 3, 2018
Why have I not heard of this before!? Instant wishlist and I'll sure check out the kickstarter! This looks amazing *drool

Kumquat

Jan 23, 2018
Will this be coming to Playstation? I played the hell out of Stardew Valley on there and yours looks to scratch that itch.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great! Heads up, in the OP, it says 2020, when it's 2021. I almost didn't watch it because I thought it was an old and outdated trailer. :)

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Looks really really good. This is waaaay deeper than I thought. I hope you are doing a console or Mac/OSX build <3
Will support you on KS! :)

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

This looks really good! And cute af.

Zom

Oct 25, 2017
Ok the art style sold me like Stardew Valley couldn't, I'm really looking to play it OP, amazing work.

Oct 25, 2017
Looks amazing OP!!! I'm definitely in!

It gives me Stardew Valley with better graphics. Lots of inspiration there. I don't if this was answered but will this eventually come out for the Switch and or the other Consoles?

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Congrats OP, it looks really great!

Happy we have more Indonesian games :D
I love how diverse the characters are.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This is my first time seeing this and I love it!
That character art is so damn good

And the cows and pigs are so cute and IS THAT A SHIBA INU

Definitely gonna get this haha

Buzz

Oct 28, 2017
This is really cool. I am also a budding developer and I have to say I envy your designs lol. Best of luck with the release. Subscribing the thread.
Now back to improving my game.

Kumquat

Jan 23, 2018

1440pSepChar.png

GoodMorning-1440p.png

August_PigRoll06.gif

That pig is just fab! I love the animation! Like for real, I rarely give out comments on stuff like that. I'm pretty reserved and am more of a lurker but I just had to say that. I can't wait to see what ya'll do with the chicken.

Sep 11, 2020
Art style of the 2D portraits reminds me of late hand drawn Disney stuff, it looks great. I miss that style of animation.

The game looks great. Quite similar to Stardew Valley, which helped me stay sane during lockdown. I really like the overall style and the fantasy elements shown so far. The diving gameplay looks like an interesting idea as well. The only thing that didn't convince me that much was the combat, but it's not a big deal.

I'll tell my Stardew coop buddies about this as well. Will the first Early Access release be soon after the Kickstarter ends? The trailers and the different updates you've been posting make it look like progress is advancing smoothly.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Game looks great but there are some similarities to SV that really stuck out a bit in the trailer. Not big details but stuff like the elevators in the mines using the same structure and UI as SV. Using the same structure is all good but the UI for the elevators being so similar then makes me think "this looks like stardew" rather than "oh thats coral Island" if you know what I mean?

Outside of that I can't really find much to criticise. I'm very likely buying it lol, love these types of games. Will there be various secrets to uncover along both the general game and post game? This is totally a personal thing but I definitely find that the farming loop in SV for example loses its draw without the drive to do it via secrets to be found etc.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Just a very small remark: To my best knowledge (and based on what my wife said), stretch marks are usually only red when they are new, and then turn white (like a scar). Since Suki's child seems to be a bit older already, they should probably be white.
This isn't always true. I think it depends on skin type and skin tone. I have stretch marks on my stomach almost exactly like Suki's and they've never really faded and they've been there at least 15 or so years. I'm actually really happy to see a character who has prominent stretch marks in that area and is flaunting them. I've never been comfortable enough to wear a bikini or anything that shows my midriff because of mine, haha.

OP
OP
Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Oct 25, 2017
Folks, thanks for your kind words! I was knackered yesterday lol

i love this!!!! please keep updating us Jeremiah
Is Win/Steam the main platform for the Kickstarter or are there aims for future platforms or OS's too?

Win/Steam will be the main platform for the pre-alpha access we release shortly after Kickstarter... As for the EA release or even 1.0, if it were up to me, Coral Island would get ported to all platforms haha. Unfortunately, we're kinda maxed out bandwidth-wise at the studio, also because we are not working with a publisher, I haven't had the time to look into acquiring dev kits and or platform holder licenses yet. To be honest, I wouldn't even know where to start!

Thank you for pointing this out! I will be sure to mention this to our character artist. My memory is a little hazy, but I do remember having a discussion about this with him, and it made sense at the time haha, but never hurts to make sure.

OMG those cows looking fucking perfect I want to buy the game just for them. Please tell me you can pet the cows?

Why yes, yes you can!

Will this be coming to Playstation? I played the hell out of Stardew Valley on there and yours looks to scratch that itch.

Right now we don't have plans to port to Playstation, but if the opportunity ever came up, heck yeah, it would be amazing to port the game over to consoles... for some reason, the idea of releasing the game on consoles gives me mad butterflies in the stomach lol

Looks really really good. This is waaaay deeper than I thought. I hope you are doing a console or Mac/OSX build <3
Will support you on KS! :)

Appreciate the future KS support!

With regards to Mac/OSX build. Initially, the plan was 100% to do it... it still is actually, but the timeline has shifted, largely in part due to Apple migrating to their in-house processors.

Looks amazing OP!!! I'm definitely in!

It gives me Stardew Valley with better graphics. Lots of inspiration there. I don't if this was answered but will this eventually come out for the Switch and or the other Consoles?

Right now we don't have plans for it, but in the future, would love to have this on consoles and or Switch.

I ask this because I'm Jewish, do you have any Jewish characters in the game? Would love a positive and realistic Jewish character to bond with.
The only thing that didn't convince me that much was the combat, but it's not a big deal.

I'll tell my Stardew coop buddies about this as well. Will the first Early Access release be soon after the Kickstarter ends?

Thanks for pointing the combat out... also not yet happy about it. To be honest, there's a lot of room for improvement for sure, and I'm ashamed to admit, but we were running out of time for the trailer and ended up going with the footage you see in the trailer. We even had to remove 2 sword swing animations as they were bugged, which is why the player only swings one way in the combat lol.

The pre-alpha access will release in either May or June, and the Early Access will release in October =)

"this looks like stardew" rather than "oh thats coral Island" if you know what I mean?

Will there be various secrets to uncover along both the general game and post game?

Yea I totally get what you mean, thanks for sharing that.

As for secrets, yes, there will be quite a bit to unpack and discover... because I too love them in games. We have a solid idea of what to implement for the general game secrets, and still in the planning stage for post game secrets.

I actually placed several hidden easter eggs in the trailer, but dang, doesn't look like anyone's figured them out yet.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yea I totally get what you mean, thanks for sharing that.

As for secrets, yes, there will be quite a bit to unpack and discover... because I too love them in games. We have a solid idea of what to implement for the general game secrets, and still in the planning stage for post game secrets.

I actually placed several hidden easter eggs in the trailer, but dang, doesn't look like anyone's figured them out yet.

I also hope that didn't come off offensively btw. The game looks great and I'm very eager to get my hands on it personally, especially digging around for the secrets. Sounds like I'm gonna need to have another viewing or two of that trailer as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.