Status
Not open for further replies.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Dude this thread is bonkers

" sites need to outright destroy him !!! "

jezz ... when peoples rage be over, dude was fired and humiliated and apologized, you want what more from him? People makes mistakes, i guess reset era people is perfect.

The best way I can look at your post is to assume you haven't followed the circumstances closely enough to understand why your characterization is so off. I hope that's the case, at least.

His work history was parasitic, including to immediate co-workers. The extent to which he not only stole work from others, but also made the obvious attempts to hide that plagiarism are self evident. This wasn't one instance either; it was a characteristic part of his work pipeline. His reaction to being accused ranged from direct lies to malicious deflection. Even when "cornered" by the realities of what he did (after issuing a challenge that tried to slander those accurately reporting on it), he didn't apologize by any reasonable standard. Most notably, he refused to concede enough wrongdoing to even make a credible claim that he would change that behavior. Trying to monetize the attention around his wrongdoing wasn't a good look, either.

Saying he has been persistently insincere would be putting it charitably. No one is judging him against perfection.

Last edited:

Steroyd

Oct 27, 2017

jezz ... when peoples rage be over, dude was fired and humiliated and apologized, you want what more from him? People makes mistakes, i guess reset era people is perfect.

You need to be perfect when PLAGIARISING is involved when it comes to anything in the journalistic/critiquing field, especially to the level that Filip was systematically caught, I can't believe how people are severely understating how serious Filip Miucin's plagiarism is in the field of work he was involved in.

This shouldn't be something you just say "sorry" (even though Filip has never apologised for plagiarising) wait it out a couple of weeks and all is forgiven.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Must we continue to give him the views and clicks he so desperately craves?

Water

The Retro Archivist
Oct 30, 2017
"Popular" is an exaggeration and I don't see how this claimed popularity anyway matches what he was likely being paid by IGN and then add in his career growth that tends to come with the position he was in. He's not doing great, and now he is just literally shilling products like a paid ad.

Being infamous doesn't pay the bills.

Good point, but it seems like all this discussion on him making content post stealing has only given him a chance to rekindle some kind of following which I find kinda ironic.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I accidentally made the same mistake 3957 times guys!

You don't need to be perfect to be better than him, no. He's a thief that stole other people's work several times.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

Also, I never made a mistake. Everyone else makes mistakes, though, it's standard in this industry. I dare you to find another mistake!

Hey guys, me again. I've thought long and hard and what I really wanted right now was a much lower viewer base and less security, because I want to be here with you, the fans. This week I'm going to be taking a look at Camel Cigarettes. Mmmm, Camel. They're so smooth, and I can really feel them activate my T-Zone. Find them at your local shop! Like or subscribe for more!

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
I don't even understand why he continues in this medium. He clearly doesn't care about gaming as much as making a quick buck (as much as he can earn anyway). I'm pretty sure he could get another job with the decent editing skills he has.

Oct 30, 2017
Checked his latest video and comments filled with positivity and forgiveness. And he is replying to every comment that's positive or engaging to his video. Not many negative comments anymore. And his views seem unaffected.

So there you have it. If you want to get far in life cheat, people will forget and forgive. If you get caught just pretend you cheated once. If you get caught again just make a non apology don't actually state what you have done and simply say a few words like your sorry and quickly move on. Filip has gained alot of subs from plageriazed content and has been able to keep his subs after getting caught.

Llazy07

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Checked his latest video and comments filled with positivity and forgiveness. And he is replying to every comment that's positive or engaging to his video. Not many negative comments anymore. And his views seem unaffected.

So there you have it. If you want to get far in life cheat, people will forget and forgive. If you get caught just pretend you cheated once. If you get caught again just make a non apology don't actually state what you have done and simply say a few words like your sorry and quickly move on. Filip has gained alot of subs from plageriazed content and has been able to keep his subs after getting caught.
He most likely deletes the negative comments

Narasumas

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Melbourne, Florida
I don't even understand why he continues in this medium. He clearly doesn't care about gaming as much as making a quick buck (as much as he can earn anyway). I'm pretty sure he could get another job with the decent editing skills he has.
Exactly. He sucks regarding video game acumen and general likeability and personality....but his editing is actually really good. He'd have a much better long term future doing editing for a good company.

It sort of just pisses me off tho that someone so disingenuous and outright disinterested in video games gets to make a career by sliming his way to mass viewership. I can only assume that his sub base is just gullible casuals who were captured by his production values, and actually know nothing about gaming. Even before the plagiarism fiasco...I always thought he was a tool.

Last edited:

joedick

Mar 19, 2018

You don't need to be perfect to be better than him, no. He's a thief that stole other people's work several times.

I think his point is that you don't have to wish ill upon him, just don't pay attention to him. I feel like this thread is responsible for a lot of his views/clicks.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017

It seems evident that he can continue doing this job, too. Like, he's been thoroughly exposed as a fraud and a hack and people are still watching his videos and even paying to have him shill for their products, so why would someone as lazy and shameless as this dude ever give this up?

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018

I thought this watch an interesting situation with Nintendo Life and a Youtuber that is relevant to this situation.
I'm posting this version instead of the video by the channel who thought Nintendo Life plagiarised them because there's an interview with the YouTuber giving more details about the situation.
I think this is something Filip could learn from.

Status
Not open for further replies.