Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Uhhh so is this a good way for people who've never played the GCN + GBA version or should I just abandon all hope? MTX and no local play blows.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
90-E98-DAE-133-E-4-E5-F-AD12-F010-DBDC5-C39.jpg

Weapon packs, accessories and gil packs. With eye on the new dungeons the gil packs especially have me worried.

wot.

Why is it that each new info we get about this game gets worse.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
MTX and digital only? Yeah, I'll wait for this to drop to $10 or less.

Jake2byFour

Oct 28, 2017
Can they though?
If they're all in game reward you can get with various rarity then it's fine.
Otherwise it's just gating fanservice behind more cash.

We know that you can't visit other people's town and the matchmaking happens when entering a dungeon.

I'm remembering wrong, the moogle weapons aren't in the original nor the relic weapons. Hopefully you can earn them in game because if they have better stats than the base weapons, that really messed up to have them gated.

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
Enchanted Wallet is also an accessory which increases amount obtained from gil drops, its not straight up buying gil.
Sapphire Earring is an accessory increases recovery speed.
It is unfortunate that they are selling dlc for this game at all especially all of those Mimic system costumes.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
So just be to clear

- No local multiplayer
- Online multiplayer is relegated to dungeons and not the entire game
- Microtransactions for a 15+ year old game

I don't get why the game exists as it does.
Dammit.

We probably should have seen this nonsense coming when they announced the game will also be on Android and that the game will have crossplay with all platforms including the Android version.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MTX? Come the fuck on Square. Ugh.

I was so, so excited for this game but with every new piece of news we get my interest plummets. What a disappointment.

Sasaud

Oct 28, 2017
I was so excited about this release that I didn't mind the no local mp and i was about to buy 3 copies on different consoles just to play it again but with all of these changes....yeah I'm out.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The MTX makes sense when people can play most of the game for free if one person owns it.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
WTF they're adding microtransactions too?

God I am so disappointed, what are they doing to one of my favorite games : ( Definitely gonna wait on reviews/impressions.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Is it fair to say this is all because of the mobile version? Instead of creating a separate game for mobile they made for mobile in mind first. No local play, no complete online play, microtransactions. It really does feel like every issue would be solved if there wasn't a mobile version they have to be in parody with.

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
The dlc is:

Two weapon packs:
Moogle & Relic - possibly skins or actual gear

Two accessories:
Enchanted Wallet (Gil) - Increased money from gil drops
Sapphire Earring (Recovery) - Increased recovery speed

And eight skins of characters from various Crystal Chronicles games

There are no gil packs.

Baron Bliss

Oct 31, 2017
I keep seeing people say that online multiplayer is for dungeons only and not the main game? Can someone link to source?

loob

Oct 25, 2017
Minnesota
Wait, dungeons only for multiplayer? I have seen nothing about that...

I mean that's the meat of the game but there's so much over world stuff that I loved too.
So what do you have one person go from dungeon to dungeon and then invite into the game each time... Blah.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Amazing that a 17-year-old Gamecube re-release had local co-op removed... but MTXs added in.

Oct 26, 2017
Dang I just started looking into this game this morning and was getting hyped to play this with the kids, and then in the same day find out it doesn't have local multiplayer.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Can you link me a timestamp? It's hard to tell what's going on since I don't speak or read Japanese.
There is this tweet and its reply with screenshots from a previous thread:

It's a shame for sure, but it was usually more annoying to do town stuff in multiplayer anyway.

The big question is how the home town and traveling events will work if they're solo experiences.

OP
OP
mael

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
This article seems to imply that the whole game is accessible for online multiplayer, and no mention of a PC release which someone in this thread had mentioned?

FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition's multiplayer explained
To this end, all versions of the game can be played online together so anyone can play with anyone else. That means your caravan could consist of a PS4 user, Switch user, Android user and iOS user, and it will all still work seamlessly.

This approach has another benefit, too. As Araki-san says: "Three of the four platforms that this game will be released on are portable, so even if all four players play on different hardware, they can play together in the same location, or even if they're physically far apart."
Yep that's what I thought was the idea behind crossplay and local coop not being out of the box.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
That means there's 2 tiers of skins in the game.
The ones you unlock and the ones you buy.

We know you can have the appearance of the Black Knight or his companion already

"Tiers" is a bit of a stretch, it's not like the paid mimic crystals enhance you in any way aside from letting you play as classic crystal chronicles characters.

I think people need to simmer down on the Microtransaction stuff, none of this stuff seems remotely neccessary or game breaking, it's just Cosmetics and slight game boosters.

Like was posited before, game seems like it was developed as a multi-sku product from the get-go, and gameplay and multiplayer decisions were made as concessions to that.

While I'm disappointed in not being able to do town stuff with pals, so long as the game runs well and allows for Magic Fusing and cooperation without issues, I'm glad it's here and I'll play it a bunch.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
While no online in towns and MTX does suck... Goddamn it I'm still getting the game. I've been wanting to replay this game for years and knowing I can go through all of those dungeons again with friends will be fantastic.

OP
OP
mael

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
The weapon pack is 9 bucks on the eshop
the character pack is....25 bucks...

If you want the complete experience it's.... a little under 64

"Tiers" is a bit of a stretch, it's not like the paid mimic crystals enhance you in any way aside from letting you play as classic crystal chronicles characters.

I think people need to simmer down on the Microtransaction stuff, none of this stuff seems remotely neccessary or game breaking, it's just Cosmetics and slight game boosters.

Like was posited before, game seems like it was developed as a multi-sku product from the get-go, and gameplay and multiplayer decisions were made as concessions to that.

While I'm disappointed in not being able to do town stuff with pals, so long as the game runs well and allows for Magic Fusing and cooperation without issues, I'm glad it's here and I'll play it a bunch.

It is what it is.
there's 2 types of mimic crystals.
Paid and free.
Paid is what we know while free is the other caravans special characters from we know.

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
According to RPG Site the mimic skins are race locked so if you play Lilty you can't use the dlc skins

Sherlotta seems to be Yuke exclusive

Weapons are apparently cosmetic too

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition details post-game dungeons, cosmetic DLC Items, and more | RPG Site

You can mimic as characters from other games in the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles sub-series.
Yeah the GameXplain vid mentioned the mimics being race-locked.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
According to RPG Site the mimic skins are race locked so if you play Lilty you can't use the dlc skins

Sherlotta seems to be Yuke exclusive

Weapons are apparently cosmetic too

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition details post-game dungeons, cosmetic DLC Items, and more | RPG Site

You can mimic as characters from other games in the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles sub-series.
I mean it makes sense, you play with the Mimic's of the tribe that match them.

Sherlotta being Yuke makes sense given her more magical nature.

We will likely get more examples of Lility characters to mimic in a future DLC update, but it does kinda suck that due to animation differences, represetation is small without physically regressing characters from Crystal Bearers, though given Sherlotta, it's not out of the question for Lility reps to show up in a similar way with unique modelwork, like Althea.

latest