• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
unknown.png

unknown.png

Thanks Amazon.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just get a copy from Target, Best Buy, or any other big box store I guess. Or go digital?

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Go digital. Only reason I went physical was because of that stupid sexy collectors edition. But now I'm paying the price and waiting until tomorrow to get it.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Amazon's a terrible place to buy games anymore. I only use them as a very last resort and only for things already in stock.

OP
OP
DMczaf

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Honestly probably the last time I pre-order a game from Amazon.

I really get the 2 month delay notice on the day I'm going to get the game? You had NO idea I wouldn't get the game until this morning?

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon and EB Games have been abysmal lately with preorders :/ I've switched entirely to Bestbuy.

BWHough

Prophet of Truth
May 14, 2020
Just happened to me as well. I pre-ordered the second pre-orders were available. I'm on the phone with customer support as I type but they're as unhelpful as a penny and I'm just about ready to hang up. Amazon used to have excellent guaranteed release day pre-order delivery. Shit's seriously gone down hill in recent years, even well before COVID. I'll have to think twice before getting Prime again next year.

modsbox

Oct 28, 2017
Friendly reminder not to buy hardware from them either. I bought PS4 Pro from them at launch, within days they were selling it for $50 less, and they *refused to price match themselves* inside of my return window.

I sent it back and bought another one from them just to spite them. But obviously had the same thing occurred with any B&M retailer it would have been a few minutes on the phone or at the very worst a few minutes at the store to get a pricematch.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
I've gotten punished from ordering physical from Amazon before. They never fail to disappoint me.
Now I only pre-order if I feel like I might need to (Mario 3D All-Stars), otherwise, if I want to buy physical, I'll just pick-up at the store. Tired of waiting to play, it's 2020 damnit lol

Deleted member 76299

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
This has happened a lot with amazon and me recently. I ordered a few Artbooks and despite pre-ordering months before they message days before saying they won't be out for months. However they are in stock for new customers to buy.

Not sure what I'm going to do for the PS5 launch... I really don't want to use Amazon but Sony don't have an official outlet here to buy it.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
I think SuMo was last time I relied on amazon for release day delivery. They dropped the ball and I've avoided them since.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
This happened to me to me with Amazon and TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima. Had it preordered for a couple of months and then all of a sudden like 2 days before launch the release date on my order was delayed to like 2 months. Ended up canceling both times and just buying digital.

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018
I think it might have something to do with all the crap going on with the USPS and the way Trump is dismantling it. I ordered a book off ebay from a seller in Kentucky, I live in Ohio, the book shipped on Aug 27th. It has been sitting in a USPS warehouse since then with no activity with an estimated delivery date of Sep 28th. Maybe Activision sent their shipment to Amazon through USPS and everyone is screwed.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped preordering games from Amazon awhile ago. They are just not reliable anymore with games. Even before the pandemic nothing ever arrived on time.

T-Virus

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 5, 2020
I rather just go to the store and buy the game. No hassle at all.

And it looks like the game is $30 at Waltmart. It doesn't make sense to order physical games online when you can go to Waltmart and buy the same game for $10 less.

Kazer

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Same. Canceled and went digital earlier this morning.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Friendly reminder not to buy hardware from them either. I bought PS4 Pro from them at launch, within days they were selling it for $50 less, and they *refused to price match themselves* inside of my return window.

I sent it back and bought another one from them just to spite them. But obviously had the same thing occurred with any B&M retailer it would have been a few minutes on the phone or at the very worst a few minutes at the store to get a pricematch.

I don't know why, but for whatever reason they PREFER you just returning/rebuying to get the difference back than just doing a price adjustment. Some retail stores will do it, but at least then you don't need to ship it back and wait for a new item :/

I have had zero issues going through Best Buy for my pre-orders day 1 (or if anything, sometimes UPS was a day late due to the demand with shipping in these past few months) if you really want physical and not digital. Mine's coming in today, but yeah Amazon seems to be getting either 5 copies in or something, and this has been an ongoing issue since before COVID, as well.

"Just go digital" is not for everyone...

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Canceled my Amazon order and just did a curb side pickup at Best Buy instead. Not gonna wait 1 to 2 months for an item I pre-ordered, even if that's a really rough estimate on their end and could end up showing up in a week or two instead.