Maehdros

Oct 29, 2017
If anyone has an extra ps5 disc edition preorder I'll gladly pay cost or trade you an Xbox series x preorder from amazon. Pm me! Please!

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have an Xbox Series S preordered, but if I can get an X at or before launch I'll either just cancel my existing preorder or sell it on eBay for £250 + postage. I'm not interested in scalping people.

I'm assuming that, here in the UK, a lot of the in-store stock will be transferred back to the warehouses since we're going back into lockdown for a month so they can sell them online instead.

That should make getting a next gen console a little easier, anyway.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
I'm actually selling a PS5 for the same price I paid to someone here on Resetera lol. I had a whole thread and everything. Waiting for him to message me about it.

DynamicSushy

Sep 7, 2019
waiting to buy at normal price, as well as getting later shipments that have less chances of defects is a win-win.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Best not to feed into that sort of behavior. If you missed out on pre-ordering it, just get it later.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
No. I wish people wouldn't for something that will be in plentiful supply in the very near future... It's not like it is a limited edition colour or anything. But I guess some people like to pay hundreds more for earlier access. Their choice, I guess.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Has the console launch been as bad as the Nvidia launch? I'm not planning to pick any console soon so not sure how the pre-orders went.

BuggeryBugz

Oct 29, 2017
I've got a series x pre order and as much as I hate scalping, I'm considering selling it for the same price as I'll be able to buy a PS5 on eBay for.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
Nah, I'll just wait. I want a PS5 at launch, but I'd never pay someone $400+ just for changing the address on their Amazon order.

I'm actually selling a PS5 for the same price I paid to someone here on Resetera lol. I had a whole thread and everything. Waiting for him to message me about it.

I saw and participated in that thread, people like you are the minority though. Most people, even on here, are asking up to double the RRP.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Nah, I'll just wait. I want a PS5 at launch, but I'd never pay someone $400+ just for changing the address on their Amazon order.

I saw and participated in that thread, people like you are the minority though. Most people, even on here, are asking up to double the RRP.

Wait you're telling me I've been doing it wrong this entire time??? That's it, the price just got $100 higher!!

Jeffolation

Shinra Employee
Oct 30, 2017
Yes I did this yesterday. I was driving myself nuts trying to find something and now I can sit back and wait for it in the mail without checking the stock of six different vendors every hour.

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'd never. It's not like they're gonna stop making these consoles after a year, and I'm not the type to get super bummed when I can't play on or near release.

Feel for the parents who might have to turn to that to get their kids a console for the holidays, though. Some of these markups are nuts.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Nah. Fuck* those guys.

*except in the case of importing to a country where they aren't easily available.

NMNR

Oct 29, 2017
I bought two. Was planning to sell one at a higher price to recoup some of the cost but a friend missed out so I'm selling her the digital version at the cost price. Bit gutted (being honest here) but rather have one friend to play with for sure!

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I kinda don't mind having to wait a bit longer. I'm having choice paralysis between a Series X or a cheaper PS5 DE, so I can potentially get a few months worth of impressions to see if that changes my mind from a Series X or not.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Have never paid bloated prices for a console. And never will, not just so I can get it right away.

The only reason I would pay a higher price for a console is if it had full BC (PS1-PS4) AND Sony made a limited amount of them. That would be a crappy move by Sony, but it is the only thing that would actually motivate me to pay a scalper price for the system.

Natels

Oct 26, 2017
I bought two. Was planning to sell one at a higher price to recoup some of the cost but a friend missed out so I'm selling her the digital version at the cost price. Bit gutted (being honest here) but rather have one friend to play with for sure!

Surprised you even have a friend.

If I hadn't secure a pre-order no way I'd buy from a scalper.

FourSerioux

Nov 1, 2017
Scalpers are what cause this plethora of pre-order issues in the first place, no chance I'd hand over any money to them. Retail is the only way I'll be going.

J.T

Nov 22, 2017
Actually I'm thinking about scalping my PS5 . Now I fucking hate scalpers but after having the shit show which was Kobe week and paying scalper prices myself, fuck it. Luckily I also got a series X preorder to hold me over. It is what it is