• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
91aazI7i9iL.jpg

This was one of two games that I played on the 3DS (the other was Pokemon) and it was so much fun. I remember playing it in bed for hours making my shop and giving people goofy outfits and makeup. It was hilarious. But of course you could also try to make them look good too if you wanted.

So is Nintendo going to give us one of these on Switch or do I need to drag my 3DS back out? Who else liked this game?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Probably next year post Animal Crossing - the series is too good and successful for there not to be a sequel down the line on Switch.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
One of their songs made it in Smash, so sure why not?

Did you play the sequel Styling Star?

OP
OP
Shining Star

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
I hope so!

In any case, at least the trainer customization looks pretty great in Pokémon Sw/Sh (and Astral Chain too, surprisingly)

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
Style Savvy is primarily developed by Syn Sophia.

It's probably their next title, but the last 3DS game was only like two years ago.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I did wonder, actually, if the Style Savvy team would have had any hand in the customisation functionality that was recently revealed for Pokemon Sword/Shield; my first thought when I saw it was that it felt like a mini version of the title.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, we need a new one. This time NoA maybe can try to actually support it like every other branch does.

I did wonder, actually, if the Style Savvy team would have had any hand in the customisation functionality that was recently revealed for Pokemon Sword/Shield; my first thought when I saw it was that it felt like a mini version of the title.
Syn Sophia, the franchise's developer, is a third party company so I think that's pretty unlikely.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I could swear this was locked in already, but not sure where I heard that now.

My friend hogged the 3DS and pretty much lived in the past couple of these games. She would be all over this, which means I'd also lose a Switch.

Deleted member 873

Oct 25, 2017
I could swear this was locked in already, but not sure where I heard that now.

My friend hogged the 3DS and pretty much lived in the past couple of these games. She would be all over this, which means I'd also lose a Switch.
it's a clone made by furyu. it looks absolutely awful. google "model nicola furyu" or something

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
It is weird that they haven't come out with their smaller budget titles like this and Pushmo.

The Picross game they came out with is brand new or a port with just added levels?

Nov 3, 2017
The Switch era feels like the perfect time for this franchise to reinvent itself to gain new fans. I think it'd be super cool if there was a story mode where we're the stylist for a popstar/idol and we style them as they tour around the world.

arlu

Nov 1, 2017
Venezuela
I don't know how people feel about Nintendo Mobile games, but Style Saavy and Nintendogs are the most ready-to-smartphones franchise they have, and yet-- They go out of their way to make Dr. Mario and inferior Animal Crossing.

Deleted member 873

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how people feel about Nintendo Mobile games, but Style Saavy and Nintendogs are the most ready-to-smartphones franchise they have, and yet-- They go out of their way to make Dr. Mario and inferior Animal Crossing.
Dr Mário has been on every Nintendo system since the DS. They don't go out of their way to make it for mobile, it's an alive franchise. Somehow.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Reading this thread a few days ago reminded me that I had yet to pick up the first 3DS title in the series, New Style Boutique (AKA Style Savvy: Trendsetters):

XhXhwjU.png

Finally grabbed a cheap sealed copy from ebay, which completes the trilogy of physical releases in Europe. If I remember rightly, NSB3: Styling Star was a digital-only release in the US. Would love to see the series continue on Switch, these games are some of the 3DS' best kept secrets that more people need to have a chance to enjoy.

I think a lot of people play them, otherwise they wouldn't have made 4 games already. But it's the kind of series that won't get discussion on a forum like Era.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I hope we get a new release with the option to play as a male character, more body size options, and better clothing textures. I was disappointed watching the trailer for that other game in this topic when it was released. Several 3DS fashion games look loads better so I guess its budget went to licensing.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We need a new entry as well to get more songs. The soundtracks are a banger and Styling Star has several great voiced songs:

I think a lot of people play them, otherwise they wouldn't have made 4 games already. But it's the kind of series that won't get discussion on a forum like Era.
It sells a lot, especially in Japan. The best selling entry did like 3M and the others around 1M each. Would be even better if NoA stopped being weird about this franchise for some reason.

Jan 2, 2018
We need more representation in Smash Bros. and a new game! I think we'll see something from this franchise in 2020. I think it would be smart to release a new entry after the launch of the Switch Lite and rhe release of Animal Crossing.

Deleted member 873

Oct 25, 2017
We need a new entry as well to get more songs. The soundtracks are a banger and Styling Star has several great voiced songs:

It sells a lot, especially in Japan. The best selling entry did like 3M and the others around 1M each. Would be even better if NoA stopped being weird about this franchise for some reason.

Style Savvy Styling Star has more bops than PopERA's faves' entire careers

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I hope we get a new release with the option to play as a male character, more body size options, and better clothing textures. I was disappointed watching the trailer for that other game in this topic when it was released. Several 3DS fashion games look loads better so I guess its budget went to licensing.
Different body types is my number one ask.

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
Prolly woulda picked up Styling Star had it gotten a physical release here but otoh 3 games on one system was kinda pushing it. Sure hope it does see a continuation!

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god more body types please. Body positivity AND more gameplay variation!

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Ive been waiting fornthem to announce a new one so my niece has something to play on the switch.

OP
OP
Shining Star

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
The Switch era feels like the perfect time for this franchise to reinvent itself to gain new fans. I think it'd be super cool if there was a story mode where we're the stylist for a popstar/idol and we style them as they tour around the world.

That sounds cool, even just something where you could travel to different places would be fun.

Prolly woulda picked up Styling Star had it gotten a physical release here but otoh 3 games on one system was kinda pushing it. Sure hope it does see a continuation!

I think that's why I didn't hear about it because it wasn't physical here.