Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In my recent Mega Man kick I've been wondering about this series. In what was supposed to be the revival of classic Mega Man turned into a mocked example of why you never count your chickens before they hatch.

Has there been any sort of word if Inafune is going to try anything else with this? Is that tv series supposed to still happen?

Or is it all just being brushed under the rug?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Someone post that one mockup that everyone thought was a screenshot so we can all be pissed off.

JCX

Oct 25, 2017
Characters are still kinda alive in the Gunvolt games, but otherwise probably.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone post that one mockup that everyone thought was a screenshot so we can all be pissed off.

mightyno9image1.jpg

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
Not only is the MN9 "series" not continuing, the game didn't even come out on the handhelds like backers were promised.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, we won't be hearing from this IP again. It's a really mediocre game + has drama around it (some fair, some unfair). There's no much value for the dev in returning to it.

They never claimed that was the game or that it would look exactly like that.

I think more annoying is that the early UE4 demos looked more promising and in some ways better than what they ended up with.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Weren't there versions of the game promised that didn't end up shipping?

Not sure you can continue on after a mistep that bad.

qq more

Oct 25, 2017
Weren't there versions of the game promised that didn't end up shipping?

Not sure you can continue on after a mistep that bad.
Vita and 3DS version. Still hasn't happened, still no snapshots or vids. Did... the backers for those versions got anything out of this or are they completely SOL?

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
That's an Inti Creates game, and they just ported the game to PS4 and changed the name from Mighty Gunvolt Burst to GAL*GUNVOLT BURST.

That should show you how dead the Mighty No. 9 IP is.
To be fair, they did the same with the original to Vita, and that was before the release of Burst on Switch.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
That's an Inti Creates game, and they just ported the game to PS4 and changed the name from Mighty Gunvolt Burst to GAL*GUNVOLT BURST.

They did the same thing with the first Burst game, they're not specifically disavowing MN9, it's just promo for Galgun.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I had no idea until reading this post. Now that's freaking hilarious.

I still remember the day that people praise inafune and trash capcom when this game announce

Man so do I. All the shit people gave Capcom back then. Like 5 or so years later we're in a universe where that ended up being trash, and Capcom redeemed themselves with not only a new MegaMan, but MonHun, Devil May Cry, and a return to form Resident Evil as well. Crazy how much the tables have turned since then.

Daschiel

Oct 28, 2017
Something that was never alive or coherent can't be dead. It never was in the first place.

Lilalaunebaer

Oct 27, 2017
It´s dead.

It was alive for a bit when everyone was like "yeah, fuck the publishers, kickstart the GOOD games" around the time with MN9, Bloodstained and Shenmue.