• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
speaks volumes that the thread where Biden makes an offensive statement on race gets 15 pages. but the one where he had to walk back lying about being arrested for marching w/ Mandela only got 2. i mean idk what it says, but certainly it speaks volumes.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is exactly what you're doing. Even on busing specifically, there was not consensus among the black community, some polling shows more black people against busing than for it.

But you again present this as black people having one monolithic position for busing and white people having an opposite position against busing that Joe picked, which is patently and empirically false and misleading.
No, I'm not talking about black people's position on busing, I'm talking about Biden's position on busing. Biden's position on busing did not exist in a vacuum, he had multiple pro-segregationist positions at the time and was friends with multiple white segregationist politicians at the time. UnapologeticallyBLK elaborated on Biden's past pro-segregationist positions in the past in a post above.

TheMilkman

Banned
Aug 30, 2019
This morherfucker ain't doing nothing but playing the game. Blackin the shit up is what you do as a Democrat nowadays.

As far as what he said, the line quoted in the title, he ain't say shit that any twitter nigga, university nigga, bobble head cable news ass nigga, or wannabe above ass nigga wouldn't say. The problem is that he said it, which apparently gives license for the aforementioned niggas to be in their feels about the concept when they usually wouldn't.

Nevertheless, a nigga is still not voting for Biden

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
That goes both ways.

Compare the threads on Trump saying a Nazi sympathizer has good bloodlines to this thread on ERA. Look at the difference in the number of responses. 80 responses compared to 600+ It seems no one gives a shit about Trump's "gaffes" anymore. They're not even gaffes they are showing his true colors. It's not about the bar being low it's about both being given different bar heights.

Correct. People expect Nazis to be racist. They don't expect allies to be racist.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I think it really speaks volumes when this thread has 15 pages but that thread about Biden putting AOC as the head of the climate committee barely got a few pages.
This is more worthy of debate and discussion, to be honest, because of what it means to a lot of people. And to be even more honest, I'm a little surprised by how many posters are willing to let him slide on this, and even agree with him. It's getting to the point where, if Biden had said Trump's "I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters", I'd expect the ERA and Twitter threads on it would be filled with people agreeing with him.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
This is more worthy of debate and discussion, to be honest, because of what it means to a lot of people. And to be even more honest, I'm a little surprised by how many posters are willing to let him slide on this, and even agree with him. It's getting to the point where, if Biden had said Trump's "I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters" and I'd expect the thread would be filled with people agreeing with him.
While I agree with you that this definitely demands attention (and Biden just need to stfu really), the feeling I'm getting from this thread is anything but what you said. It feels more like a continuation of the frustrations from the other Biden-related threads on here.

speaks volumes that the thread where Biden makes an offensive statement on race gets 15 pages. but the one where he had to walk back lying about being arrested for marching w/ Mandela only got 2. i mean idk what it says, but certainly it speaks volumes.
Like this example right here.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
How is it that after so many years in politics this dude still doesn't appear media trained.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
While I agree with you that this definitely demands attention (and Biden just need to stfu really), the feeling I'm getting from this thread is anything but what you said. It feels more like a continuation of the frustrations from the other Biden-related threads on here.

Ask them if they'll still vote for Biden regardless. He can basically say or do anything, and people will not only still vote for him, but you'll have people come out of the woodwork to defend him and say he's right. That's the situation we're in. Biden is basically bulletproof, because the alternative is Trump.

cnorwood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That goes both ways.

Compare the threads on Trump saying a Nazi sympathizer has good bloodlines to this thread on ERA. Look at the difference in the number of responses. 80 responses compared to 600+ It seems no one gives a shit about Trump's "gaffes" anymore. They're not even gaffes they are showing his true colors. It's not about the bar being low it's about both being given different bar heights.

Are you being serious in comparing Trump and Biden? This isn't hard, one of them claims to be the party of diversity, one of them has most of the black and other minority vote.

Terra Torment

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
Screwing over Bernie Sanders in favor of this idiot was totally a fantastic idea! How the fuck does he have a base?

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

It feels belittling that you're boiling down the white presidential candidate defining blackness as voting for him over Trump as people just not liking him as the candidate.

I'm being nice by only saying it's belittling btw

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
What are you saying with this? That Biden should some how get backpats for owning up to lying or that his recent comments in the OP shouldn't be taken seriously?

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
It feels belittling that you're boiling down the white presidential candidate defining blackness as voting for him over Trump as people just not liking him as the candidate.

I'm being nice by only saying it's belittling btw
I apologize then if I made you (and any others) feel that way in any capacity.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I think this a very shitty thing for you to do here. Biden says something obviously racist so of course it'll generate a lot of discussion. It really says something about YOU that you don't think people have a right to feel some kinda way about this.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
These 'gaffe' just makes Biden more popular for the average voting populace, you guys realize that, right? Not talking about this gaffe in particular but Biden being a gaffe machine is already factored in with what voters have in mind wjen it comes to voting for Joe Biden.

I have never seen such a group of people be so disconnected from what the average populace are seeing outside of far right websites.

Lol. This is news to you? This is the same population that said the PSP Tv would revolutionize gaming.
Don't ever trust This entire message board on topics of gaming, politics, dating or social behavior. Absolutely clueless.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Its amazing just how easy Trump has it now.

He just has to sit back and watch his enemies destroy themselves.

Deleted member 11046

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What a disappointing remark. I'm not outraged, just annoyed that the man currently shouldering the collective hope to defeat Trump doesn't know his base well enough to recognize this wasn't a good thing to say.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
This site is just a microcosm though. All indicators point to Biden actually doing really well right now including among black folks.

twitter.com

Josh Jamerson on Twitter

“fwiw: Quinnipiac poll this week showed Biden’s support among black voters at 81% compared with 3% for Trump and 13% undecided. At similar point in 2016, same poll found only 2% of black respondents undecided, with 93% backing Clinton and 4% for Trump. https://t.co/Z8hk0wlNGX”
fwiw: Quinnipiac poll this week showed Biden's support among black voters at 81% compared with 3% for Trump and 13% undecided. At similar point in 2016, same poll found only 2% of black respondents undecided, with 93% backing Clinton and 4% for Trump.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York

Except he has. The only thing you can say to his credit is that it just wasn't Joe doing it this whole time. One can also make the case that due to the severity of suffering another term of the Trump presidency that freudian slips like this need to go on the back burner regarding Trump.

Problem is democrats by and large won't address it down the road.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Not my place to say if his apology should be accepted, but at I'm glad he at least apologized.

supra

Oct 30, 2017
Who screwed Bernie besides the voters

xi3ckg9fl7051.jpg

Oh, I don't know.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
twitter.com

Josh Jamerson on Twitter

“fwiw: Quinnipiac poll this week showed Biden’s support among black voters at 81% compared with 3% for Trump and 13% undecided. At similar point in 2016, same poll found only 2% of black respondents undecided, with 93% backing Clinton and 4% for Trump. https://t.co/Z8hk0wlNGX”
I stand corrected. If this means that a black woman has a good chance of being his VP then I don't see anything wrong with that.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Biden's gaffes in the age of Trump just aren't the same. Trump's lowered the bar so much that this doesn't even register, and I'm just not gonna have standards for presidential candidates until he is removed. It would be nice to have standards again.

Status
Not open for further replies.