Did you like Captain Marvel Movie

• I loved that , its a great film !

Votes: 369 23.0%
  • I didn't particularly liked it but great to have representation and diversity in MCU

Votes: 235 14.6%
  • It was bad ( Please state reasons in comments)

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • I liked though not loved it , typical Marvel movie

Votes: 835 52.0%

• Total voters

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
So months came by Endgame passed out , Phase 4 announced and life moves on so what was your thoughts about Captain Marvel and what are them now?
g0Ya.gif

I think rewatching movie i found kinda boring for most scenes. A typical type of origin movie and I didnt particularly like her origin story. Song choices were kinda whack not my type of songs. Actual visuals of movie is kinda with muted colors kinda put me off somewhy. That Dr Watson guy had terrible acting in this.Didnt like humour with cat or old lady thing. I liked Skrull dude though. Its very flawed movie though although I am happy with representation I wish Marvel put more effort to this like other Phase 3 movies.

source.gif

tenor.gif

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Sure. It was a Marvel movie; very entertaining and I forgot pretty much everything about it within a week.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Finally saw it. She was good, but the movie was kind of boring. I was also never a big Capt Marvel fan (male or female), so it doesn't hit the same nostalgia for me as the core Avengers crew. My first Capt. Marvel book I owned was the Death of Captain Marvel graphic novel from the 80s.

VileZero

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Maryland/DC
I enjoyed it - although it's not top tier. On re-watch, I still feel like the film just feels weird when it starts. There's a lot going on and a lot that they expect us to care about and... I just can't get there. I think once Carol and Fury reach the military base, the pacing picks up and it starts to flow better. By the time the ending rolls around, it's firing on all cylinders just fine for me.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Guess I fall in the middle category? I thought it was a pretty damn bad movie, but it's good to have this kind of representation in the MCU especially as they've been horrible with almost all their prominent female characters before.

Unfortunately I felt that as a movie I felt it failed on some pretty major points.

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
I liked it quite a bit, and found it to be more entertaining than Wonder Woman.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
One of the rare instances where I would have preferred a traditional origin story structure. I wish I could have experienced all of the flashback stuff in a linear way. Especially all of the interactions with Maria.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Yes, it's one of the best MCU origin movies. If it were a phase 1 film, it wouldnt have been topped until Far From Home IMO, with regards to the solo installments.

Carol and Fury washing dishes together is one of my favorite scenes in a comic book movie.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Watching it was even better the 2nd time around once you realize what the movie was going for.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Strictly a middling film. Not one of Marvel's stronger ones.

It was fine though.

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
It was pretty forgettable. In fact I can't really come up with anything memorable from it.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
It was the only MCU movie that I didn't watch before endgame, so I liked the fact that it was completely irrelevant. Other than that I didn't dislike it, but nothing really stands out to me like killmonger, the chase in civil war, the introduction of panther and Spiderman, or hulk vs Thor.

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It occupies the same tier as Dr Strange. Competent enough but completely forgettable.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
It had all the right ingredients but I don't think they combined into a great result. I think it had too much going on and too little time to do it.

Feels like Captain Marvel 1 should have been a Phase 1 movie, and then had Captain Marvel 2 in the same between Avengers spot.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
It was okay - imho definitely not among Marvel's top 5; hell, not even top 10. (Top 10 are like - not in that order - 2x Spider Man, 2x captain america, 1x Iron Man, 2x Avengers, 1x Ant Man, 1x Dr Strange, 1x Thor, 1x Black Panther... and that's already more than 10)
Ben Mendelsohn absolutely stole the show.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Watched it again recently with a friend, and it's even better the second time around. Great film and the best of the Marvel origin films.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I love the Marvel movies but for some reason unknown to me, I can't summon up the enthusiasm to even rent this. It just looks completely bland by the numbers to me. I could be wrong ofc.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
It was a pretty solid movie, not perfect, but I enjoyed it. I'd put it in the upper half of MCU movies.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I liked it a decent bit but didn't love it. I look forward to the sequel not needing to go through all the setup of her past. I loved how the Skrulls were handled and hope to see them again.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
It was good. Feels like it should have been more exciting than it was.

Brie Larson was great, sad we won't see her as CM for some time.

But I thought it was solid, my wife really loved it so it definitely hit a chord for some people.

CopyOfACopy

Oct 27, 2017
has the same problems as superman, to overpowered, never in any peril

villain was terrible, no motivation

fury and skrull man were good

mediocre overall

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I liked it but not enough to watch it multiple times. It was good, but it was overshadowed by so many better movies. (Infinity War, Into the Spider-Verse, Engdgame, etc)

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
One of the better origin films. Didn't care much for the alien world stuff since it was quite random but liked the road trip, young Fury, Coulson. I dig her with long hair and looks way cooler with her powers. Talos was amusing. Might be more interesting when she takes the fight to supreme intelligence but she seems so powerful, I wonder how they will play that next time.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
One of the rare instances where I would have preferred a traditional origin story structure. I wish I could have experienced all of the flashback stuff in a linear way. Especially all of the interactions with Maria.

Yeah the initial flashback stuff by probing the mind really ruined any story surprises they could have added naturally. I didn't really like that decision personally.

The movie was ok but it could have been better.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
No option for just it was good? Because i didn't love it but enjoyed it quite a bit.

Edit: its there now. Yeah, i liked it. Not loved it.