• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

The game is not even close to 720p in handheld mode, despite the developers claiming so earlier this year.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why anybody expected solid performance from this title.

I don't think it performs all that great on any platform.

Yolkghost

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't this game end up being mediocre? I haven't heard anything about it in a while and it would have been much better off releasing earlier on switch when there were less games.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
That's....not a great looking screen. Is there any direct-capture video of it running in docked mode?

Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't a technical showpiece on the other consoles and even PC so it's not that surprising that they had trouble with Switch hardware as well.

Thoraxes

Oct 25, 2017
Gehenna
Eh, i'll wait for the DF comparison video before coming to a conclusion. Would be nice to see some actual footage though.

This just looks like sub-native res Vita-tier quality.

Gripey

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a definitive decent edition of this game? I'd followed it early on, and then kept reading about bugs etc. Still would like to try it though.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not really surprising after it already struggled on other platforms. Curious what Digital Foundry will have to say if they'll check it out.

Oct 25, 2017
Canceled my pre order awhile back. Switch tax, poor port, and a late release is almost insulting to customers.
Even on powerful platforms the game didn't turn out super well.
Skip

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Eh, i'll wait for the DF comparison video before coming to a conclusion. Would be nice to see some actual footage though.

This just looks like sub-native res Vita-tier quality.
The guy from Digital Foundry (john) literally told me he wouldn't recommend anyone play any version outside the PC version. Even performance on there isn't good but it's abysmal everywhere else.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
The Switch conundrum - most games' resolutions are so difficult to look at unless viewed undocked, yet the Switch's built in screen is so subpar compared to a modern television. Curious to see how Doom ends up looking, but not sure if I'm $60 curious.

OP
OP
memoryman3

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Switch conundrum - most games' resolutions are so difficult to look at unless viewed undocked, yet the Switch's built in screen is so subpar compared to a modern television.

What? The Switch's screen is wonderful. It's the sub-native games that look bad on it. Similar to how anything below native res looks terrible on a monitor. Mario Odyssey is 720i if you were basing your comment on that.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's like when your PC defaults to 640x480 except it somehow looks worse.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Any footage and impressions on RiME for Switch are under embargo until closer to release. I have plenty of footage ready to go, but can't share it yet.

vereor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game have some issues even on a 1080, I don't what people expected from this port

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So they never caved in and lowered the price?
Nah, plenty of indies in the switch to support when their handling of this one has been so sloppy.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
... Is there a good way to experience this game at all? I've heard a couple of good impressions so I was slightly interested but everything regarding performance sounds abysmal. I mean I didn't expect much from this port but I wanted it to at least be native resolution on handheld mode.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
so is the blurry pic the only thing we're going off of? because when Eurogamer had a preview built in September the port looked and ran completely fine in the off-screen video they had live. despite their dramatic title, the actual footage barely shows any of these problems.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Aaaaaand I'm out.

giphy.gif

Fuck all these sub 720p games in handheld mode. I'm so sick of it, every second release has this at the moment, kinda ruins the console for me. So many great releases every single week and half of it is utter trash because of resolution problems.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This game already was horribly optimized on the PS4, I don't expect to be much different on the Switch.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, is it possible this screenshot was taken during a camera pan so we're seeing a lot of motion blur? I'd wait for some more media to release before declaring this dead.

EDIT: Oh, just saw The Moon's post with the video, it does look a bit blurry but not nearly as bad as that screenshot.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aaaaaand I'm out.

giphy.gif

Fuck all these sub 720p games in handheld mode. I'm so sick of it, every second release has this at the moment, kinda ruins the console for me. So many great releases every single week and half of it is utter trash because of resolution problems.
The vita has a few sub native res games that I enjoy on it

Deleted member 62

Content removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Well that's a no-buy from me. I ready played it on pc, so it's not like I needed to play it on Switch.

Oct 27, 2017
Aaaaaand I'm out.

giphy.gif

Sorry you can't enjoy all these great games because a couple of games have poor resolution in handheld mode.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Christ that is ugly. It looks like a painting that's been sneezed on. I waited for the Switch version as well. Pass.