• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't see any threads on this but I think it should be talked about
hogwarts-legacy-ranrar-goblin-newspaper.jpg

For those who don't know the Goblin where a group that were oppress and discriminated against by Wizards in the books, J.K. had garnered criticism for her antisemitic depiction of them as well but it looks like the racist Terf bitch has doubled down again

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I don't know much about Harry Potter tbh, but are the goblins supposed to be Jews? I ask because there are goblin looking dudes in the banks in one movie I saw, and I don't think JKR is smart enough to create a world where the Jew allegory race doesn't have a huge nose, ugly features, and handle money.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
its ok, some discussion on this topic is happening over here:

www.resetera.com

Shaun breaks down the politics of Harry Potter Entertainment - Video/Streaming

An almost two-hour video analysis of someone without emotional investment in the franchise aims to answer the question “Is the beloved series poisoned by its author terrible views?” Close if old.

it more that threads specifically about the game reduces its promotion in general

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
I feel like the Harry Potter/JK Rowling being a piece of shit, Cyberpunk/CDPR being shitty and any other issues like them should be addressed in the General Guide so all users will know they aren't to be platformed.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I feel like the Harry Potter/JK Rowling being a piece of shit, Cyberpunk/CDPR being shitty and any other issues like them should be addressed in the General Guide so all users will know they aren't to be platformed.
Only Cyberpunk 2077 has the restriction. We still have threads promoting other CDPR stuff like The Witcher.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Hype threads should be banned, but I don't see why news or information that highlight problematic issues of a game/series like this should be banned as well.

Last edited:

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm sure this'll be locked but I appreciate the fleeting appearance of this thread

Large uncomfortable laugh of disbelief when this showed up in the State of Play

I don't want to see anyone using the 'but the devs don't share JK Rowling's politics' argument to defend this game.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
Just wanted to post to reinforce my stance - Fuck Rowling's TERF-ass, and the fucking audacity of her to rally on the antisemitism charges against Jeremy Corbyn when she has never backed down on her stereotypical portrayal of goblins.

Last edited:

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
So... a rebellion... that clearly ends with them losing. What kind of story nonsense are they going to try to pull to make this one not look incredibly shitty?

TBH things like the "General Guide" should also be more clearly visible on, say, the left bar (and whatever is on the mobile menu). And also maybe a notice when it's been updated. It's, frankly, quite easy to miss when discussion of something has been banned or at least restricted in some way and it being made clear is in the best interest of everyone.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
Don't worry the goblins will do something bad like murder a baby so you're justified in institutionalized racism

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Harry Potter's probably the worst series to handle the Goblin issue in the fantasy genre lol. Also surprised this thread is still up. I guess critical threads are okay?

Jardim

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 7, 2021
Isnt the lead game dev of this game a full on gamergater right wing guy?

So not surprised there

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
We said we weren't doing threads for any of the game's marketing materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.