• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What grade would you give Gamescom: Opening Night Live 2022?

• A

Votes: 36 2.1%
  • B

Votes: 233 13.5%
  • C

Votes: 531 30.7%
  • D

Votes: 558 32.3%
  • F

Votes: 369 21.4%

• Total voters

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Fa3pVEPWIAEmxB9

If you missed out on anything or wanted to see a trailer again, every Threadmark in the OT has their respective trailer:
www.resetera.com

Gamescom Opening Night Live 2022 |OT| Live at 8pm CEST/7pm BST/2pm ET/11am PT

Join Geoff Keighley live from Gamescom in Cologne, Germany for a 2 hour showcase of what's next in gaming. Featuring world premieres, new game announcements and more, including a new look at Sonic Frontiers, Hogwarts Legacy, The Callisto Protocol, Lies Of P, High On Life, Return to Monkey...

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
B+

Top 3 trailers for me :

Lies of P
Moonbreaker
KILLER KLOWNS

My issue is that some games looks interesting, but i feel like trailers are all the same these days. Aka "Blablabla your destiny awaits" or "LOL WE'RE SO FUNNY WE DON'T GIVE A FUCK AHAHAH"

Also, could have been 30min shorter.

Last edited:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Eh. Lies of P was the best thing shown and we already knew that was coming.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Fa3pVEPWIAEmxB9

If you missed out on anything or wanted to see trailer again, every Threadmark in the OT has their respective trailer:
www.resetera.com

Gamescom Opening Night Live 2022 |OT| Live at 8pm CEST/7pm BST/2pm ET/11am PT

Join Geoff Keighley live from Gamescom in Cologne, Germany for a 2 hour showcase of what's next in gaming. Featuring world premieres, new game announcements and more, including a new look at Sonic Frontiers, Hogwarts Legacy, The Callisto Protocol, Lies Of P, High On Life, Return to Monkey...
lock him up

it was better than last years ONL in terms of games for me but the pacing was weird. His TGA will have some fire content probably

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
When the Kojima podcast announcement was top 5 in a 2h show, something's wrong.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Some fun trailers but companies keep the good stuff for their own showcases these days.

Where Winds Meet and the new Deck 13 game were a great surprise while Callisto Protocool and Lies of P continue to look good.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Where Winds Meet, Dead Island 2, The Finals and Lies of P looked good. The rest tho... Especially the Pokemon car and that man Kojima...

sushichaeng-golozer.gif

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
That was an F for me. Almost every single game looked average as all fuck. The controller no one will buy but the most hardcore might have been the best part sadly.

Kojima making an appearance for a pod was fun, bless the guy.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
think i might be getting too old for this shit, because 90% of that didn't interest me at all. It just gave me a headache...

feels like gaming is stuck in 2012 or something.

everything is just trodding down the same paths, with shinier graphics.

Voted D for Damn there was a lot of space games

Raigor

May 14, 2020
C.

Atlas Fallen, Dead Island 2, Where Winds Meet and Lies of P were the only good stuff

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Lies of P and that was it.

literally nothing else felt like something I wanted to sink my teeth into unfortunately.

NoobSauceG7

Feb 7, 2022
I thought it was surprisingly good considering past Gamescom haven't been bangers, and Geoff's other Summer show was pretty lackluster for me. For me, the biggest 3 would be Lies of P, Where Winds Meet, and Atlas Falling looked really good.

nicoreese

Jan 18, 2018
I have no idea what the hell this was. A Kojima Podcast, a Pokemon car, some really weird announcements, almost no gameplay for anything. Dead Island 2 was the best announcement for me personally, it looks better than I expected.

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Aside that, My wishlist of the games are Sonic Frontier, Lies of P, Moonwalker, and Callisto Protocol and that's pretty much it

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Probably a D.

I had it on while I was doing other shit, so it didn't feel like waste of time, but really there wasn't much there for me.

Calliso Protocol still looks great but even the stuff they showed was kind of odd feeling to me.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I'm actually surprised people thought it was so bad, I thought they showed a lot of stuff that looked interesting to downright great with tons of variety too. Nothing earth shattering but it was miles better than the Summer Games Fest show.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Pretty indicative of where the industry is at currently to be honest. It's been a pretty unprecedentedly slow start to a new generation. 2nd half of 2023 should see things pick up I believe.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
Eh, I'm totally over these bloated 2-hr trailer fests with maybe 3 separable concepts between them across three-dozen or more games and an ad for mouthwash or whatever.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Some cool games but the thing was way too long and too much filler from CG teaser stuff that all looked the same.

You could make a shorter, tighter solid B level presentation out of the best stuff from that but as it is it's a C or a D.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
D's and F's really era? this was a really solid show the fuck you expecting from these shows?

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
The Destiny 2 stream was more hype lol. Downloading it now to enjoy the week of free expansions and I'll decide if I will stick around.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
It was perfectly fine but I can't wait to see the absolutely embarrassing hot takes

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
It was fine as something I had on my second screen at work lol.

Moonbreaker, Dead Island 2 and Atlas Fallen looked dope.

A lot of the heavier hitters like Calliso Protocol, Hogwarts and such showed very poorly imo. Weak trailers, not necessarily weak games.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Geoff is a master of making the shows a slog, making the VGA's third hour a death march. He outdid himself and death march started at the hour and a half.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
The cool reveals / world premiere overweight the weird marketing stunts,, Kojima and the trailer of High on Life for me.