• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Touko

Banned
Jan 1, 2024
Per SteamDB.

image.png

Not sure why. None of the usual reasons really apply here...

Desma

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they didn't like that two different publishers were doing the same game

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I'll change it sure, what's confusing you so i can clarify?
Okay, nevermind. For some reason I thought the game had already released, so it made no sense for it to be Valve randomly banning an anime game, since they always reject them before release. I see now that it was launching next month. Nevermind, the title is fine, though I really doubt Valve had anything to do with it

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
Given it's a future release maybe there was something wrong with the store pages themselves. I wouldn't worry about it, they'll probably be back under a new store page or smth. It might screw over wishlists, idk.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Maybe they didn't like that two different publishers were doing the same game
This isn't the case for previous Ys entries that have separate Japanese/English/French and Chinese/Korean versions. Here are IX's listings, for example:

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1351630/Ys_IX_Monstrum_Nox/

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1732330/Ys_IX_Monstrum_NOX/

Maybe Falcom is finally merging the NIS America and Clouded Leapord ports to not double up on work starting with Ys X? That'd be nice.

Desma

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
This isn't the case for previous Ys entries that have separate Japanese/English/French and Chinese/Korean versions. Here are IX's listings, for example:

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1351630/Ys_IX_Monstrum_Nox/

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1732330/Ys_IX_Monstrum_NOX/

Maybe Falcom is finally merging the NIS America and Clouded Leapord ports to not double up on work starting with Ys X? That'd be nice.

Hm, but at least one was out before the other one was announced. Maybe they didn't like that there were two to be released

Edit: Ok, it's probably because both had the same name. Even the YS IX posted has a slighty different name

Last edited:

Celestial Descend

Corrupted by Vengeance
Aug 15, 2022
Huh. Maybe Valve doesn't like two games with the exact same title? The two Ys9 titles have some subtle difference.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Looks like they finally got my email complaining about the poor quality of Falcom's output over the years and are taking proactive efforts to protect the marketplace on Steam from fake Ys garbage. Thank you Gaben~

Stairmaster_

Jan 27, 2019
So, it seems like the reason this happened is because CLE listed their version of the game for more languages/regions than what they actually hold the license to (they can only distribute Falcom games in TC/KR), also listing theirs as being the ENG/JPN versions as well. They've been doing this for a while with other games (with Trails they kept the romanized names), but Valve removed both versions likely to avoid the inevitable swathe of refunds if customers purchase the version that doesn't actually get localized, which should just be NISA's.

OP
OP
Touko

Touko

Banned
Jan 1, 2024
Mhm, So it's likely both versions will go back up if they sort out behind the scenes stuff?

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
So, it seems like the reason this happened is because CLE listed their version of the game for more languages/regions than what they actually hold the license to (they can only distribute Falcom games in TC/KR), also listing theirs as being the ENG/JPN versions as well. They've been doing this for a while with other games (with Trails they kept the romanized names), but Valve removed both versions likely to avoid the inevitable swathe of refunds if customers purchase the version that doesn't actually get localized, which should just be NISA's.

That sounds like a level of scrutiny that's uncharacteristic of Valve, but it is an anime game after all, so who knows.