Are you getting the game? First time playing or replaying?

• Yes, but I already beat the game before.

Votes: 463 29.8%
  • Yes, but I didn’t get to finish the game in previous versions.

Votes: 417 26.9%
  • Yes, but this will be my first time experiencing the game.

Votes: 345 22.2%
  • No, I’ve completed the game before. I have no desire to replay it.

Votes: 130 8.4%
  • No, I don’t care to play it at all.

Votes: 197 12.7%

• Total voters

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Played on Dolphin way back when. No desire to replay. I would love too play XCX if they ever remaster it though, because I have never played that one.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
I played through and beat the original Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii in 2014. I also got the New 3DS version for the portability factor.

I will be triple dipping for the Definitive Edition.

What about you Era?
Getting it as i skipped the 3ds version due to it being to busy of a UI for such a small screen

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Never played it, but I loved Xenoblade 2. I'm treating this as a brand new Xeno game (since it is from my perspective) so I'm incredibly hyped!

Kyzon Xin

Oct 25, 2017
I've bought every other version, so I'm just gonna stick with the trend and hopefully finish it this time

Jojo Sonoshe

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 19, 2019
Hell yeah. The first Xenoblade is a really good game. Even though I'm not sold on the redesigns, this will wash the shit taste of the sequel out. I've been waiting for a remaster of the first one forever.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Not me. I played the game on Wii and thought it was trash. Haven't played a Monolithsoft game since and have no desire to.

Oct 25, 2017
I've already beaten it before but the remake looks fantastic so I'll be playing it avain. I've been wanting to play something in the vein of Xenoblade Chronicles for a while, so this is just perfect timing.

Skipped XB2 due to the designs, so this is a bit of nice comfort food to look forward to where I already know it's the good stuff.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably pick it up. I never finished the game because my FUCKING WII U CORRUPTED MY SAVE DATA, so I wouldn't mind a replay with updates.

But if they recast any of the voices I'm out.

VZ_Blade

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Most likely picking it up, and I do want to play through it again if I have the time.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
it was too outdated by the time i finally tried playing the original so i couldnt really stick with it
and i only own a regular 3ds

looking forward to more tolerable character models

In Amber Clad

behind a perfect mask
Aug 26, 2018
London
I bought the game + classic controller pro bundle at launch (in fact, I accidentally bought two! Luckily, I had a friend who wanted a copy). I still have it, but never played it on the Wii. I was playing it on Dolphin within the last year, and really enjoying it - even more than I expected to - but my PC started going down the tubes, so I only got about as far as meeting Riki.

So I was very, very happy when the DE was announced. I'll be buying it day one, and will definitely see it through this time. Can't wait.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Quadruple dipping (Wii, New 3DS, Wii U eShop and now Switch) for sure.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I dunno if I'll get it day one but I'll definitely pick it up at some point. I love pretty much the entire cast, and the possibilities of expanding certain things out is fantastic.

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
I will (not) (not) be getting it day one for sure. Own the other vrsions but I can't wait to play it again with updated visuals.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Weird question to ask considering there is no controversy around this remaster. Naturally, with any game in a long running franchise, someone will have reasons not to get it. But should it be elevated into a forum discussion where it gets amplified?

Maybe it's a slow weekend

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Not putting 80 hours into that game again lol. I'll look up the new stuff on youtube.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished it for the first time on 3DS a month or so ago. I'm excited to check it out again to see all of the changes... hopefully inventory/gear/gem management is vastly improved.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
Loved XC1, 2 and X so I'm here to re-experience that ride again.
Also to see the extra/cut content that they are bringing back.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
Playing through Zodiac Age right now on my switch and that is making me hungrier and hungrier for Xenoblade Chronicles:DE. Both games I put about 70 hours into before abandoning, so I would like to revisit Shulk and friends for sure then eventually sink my teeth into XC2.

Tried Googling this but do we know what additional things will be in the Definitive Edition vs the original? The 2x and 4x speed adjustments in FF12:TZA are such massive QoL improvements. Hope we see something similar in this.

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately I don't like the gameplay of the Xenoblade games. I can't get into it at all. The world and designs are cool so I wish it was more fun to me. I'm really hoping their new action game changes things up a good bit.

Sep 14, 2019
I'm getting it a third time. I hope I can finally get into the game this time. I simply don't like the really weird difficulty with the game, leaving battles seems challenging and the first few hours always had me forgetting and needing to remember how to "cancel" a battle so you don't move slow af when running away from enemies.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Played it, beat it and loved it on Wii. XC2 has surpassed it in my heart, but the original is a wonderful game and one I'm interested in experiencing again.

I'm intrigued to see how XC2 influences this remaster, not just narratively, but mechanically. While XC2 has its flaws, it undoubtedly improves on parts of the first game. I'm intrigued to see how much they change...

Sep 15, 2019
It'll be my first time through the game but I do own it on Wii I just never actually opened it. Pre-ordered it then deployed and by the time I got back and opened the package it had become hard to find and I didn't want to open it. Still have a few of the rare Wii titles sealed actually because of that.

Looking forward to getting a chance to play the complete game on Switch.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
One of my favorite games of all time but with so many games I've yet to play, Ill wait on this one for a while

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Not buying. Bought the original partly because of the hype at the time and because the Wii didn't really have much else then. Thought it was fine and never got around to beating it. Don't know that I'll ever revisit it and a remake likely won't change that.

Xeno 2 on the other hand I loved despite its problems

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Definitely. I love this game and 2. I beat it on Wii U VC in like 2016 but I'm excited to go through it again and hopefully experience new content.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finished it on Wii, Dolphin, and 3DS and i'll get it again, it's time to wash off the stink Xenoblade Chronicles 2 brought. I hope they do X and Last Story next please

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I quit playing it around halfway through.

I really can't see myself playing it again.

Now X on the other hand needs a port.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe. I dunno.

I do want to replay the game eventually, but I'm waiting to see how significant the new additions are before I decide if the remaster is worth it.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Played through the game back in like 2012. Also watched two complete let's plays of it over the years. Totally getting the DE day 1. It's one of my favorite games of all time. Gonna be great to dive back in myself. Especially with improvements snd new additions.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
If it's late or mid 2020, then yeah ill get it, but damn early 2020 is full, so i dunno.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know yet. Loved and beat the Wii version, but don't have a huge desire to play the same game again; it'll be dependent on just how much it's been expanded.

Oct 26, 2017
Auto-Day 1 for me. This was a game that desperately needed a remake.

Just as long as they know to keep the game as is and not to try any new combat system.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade Chronicles 1 is my most favorite JRPG, by far. I had so much fun playing it, and I was so immersed in its world, story and characters. Playing it I felt transported back to my childhood and those magical, unforgettable gaming moments.
I had been complaining for years that instead of an HD remaster they ported the game to the 3DS and I often jokingly stated (because I did not believe it would ever happen) that if they were ever going to properly remake the game It'd be the only JRPG I needed to play for the rest of my life. So, yes, I will play this game again, I will play the hell out of it.

tenor.gif

Axisofweevils

Oct 25, 2017
No. I spent an insane amount of time (i think it was 200+ hours?) on the original version and loved it, but going through all that again (and it did have its share of frustrating elements) when I've not even started the sequel seems unwise lol.

Last edited:

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
I've already beaten it before but the remake looks fantastic so I'll be playing it avain. I've been wanting to play something in the vein of Xenoblade Chronicles for a while, so this is just perfect timing.

Skipped XB2 due to the designs, so this is a bit of nice comfort food to look forward to where I already know it's the good stuff.

Imagine skipping one of the best JRPGs in years due to 'designs'...