• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty excited. There's even a meet & greet before with students interested in the industry such as myself.

But the juicier tidbit is that they are also here scouting locations for a new title in production. Not sure if FFXV has more DLC planned so unlikely. What do you guys think?

OP
OP
TI92

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
beautiful forests and mountains in the summer

some top posts on r/alaska right now

djPmcutGRmHIL1vwa0cw-R5sQyu-qD_wDb2Q8qXtF78.jpg
fPcrjlskdpKcZbAKJTLn6LTd9fQBaFsUH5BtkfGTuF8.jpg
FLK6OZvb2vmXXnJnSbsLwSaKNGMIJC4ZKonxxhQVr80.jpg
J50mSWvuwe2MHfI6SRHJL_LUKjFmsVu27Z5sUkvnTe8.jpg

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
That's very interesting. Yes, XV has more DLC planned but I doubt they are still in the early concept phase. 4 new Episodes are due early next year.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
You should find out if they'll record the presentation to put online. If not, bring a tape recorder. :P

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
List of upcoming DLC for FFXV going into 2019:

• Episode I: Ardyn - "The Conflict of the Sage"
  • Episode Side Story: Aranea - "The Beginning of the End"
  • Episode II: Lunafreya - "The Choice of Freedom"
  • Episode III: Notics - "The Final Strike"
  • Grand Alternate Finale - an alternate finale planned as the last of the four Episode DLCs.

They might be scouting DLC locations or for their new unannounced game.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017

• Grand Alternate Finale - an alternate finale planned as the last of the four Episode DLCs.

Is there a source for the Grand Alternate Final? I thought it was just the four DLCs, I didn't know there was a fifth?

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
OP, that's cool, use the opportunity! Btw, the FFXV team split off as their own separate company Luminous Productions in March and they're already working on a new AAA IP for next-gen, which is probably what they're location-scouting for.

Thanks. Somehow I've been following these DLC announcements without even realising there was an extra fifth one! I thought Noctis' DLC would be the last so knowing there is a fifth is wonderful news.

I just wonder why it wasn't included on the official roadmap and why other articles make no mention of it.

ffxv-2019-story-dlc-1-1024x576.jpg
Uh, there is no fifth DLC. The "Alternate Grand Finale" thing is the overarching theme of the episodes. Probably each one builds up to some big alternate ending.

The point in your list literally says "the last of the four", lol.

Last edited:

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks. Somehow I've been following these DLC announcements without even realising there was an extra fifth one! I thought Noctis' DLC would be the last so knowing there is a fifth is wonderful news.

I just wonder why it wasn't included on the official roadmap and why other articles make no mention of it.

ffxv-2019-story-dlc-1-1024x576.jpg
Uh, there is no fifth DLC. The "Alternate Grand Finale" thing is the overarching theme of the episodes. Probably each one builds up to some big alternate ending.

The point in your list literally says "the last of the four", lol.
The last point is describing the 4th DLC. There are more details on each episode in the articles.

Episode III: Notics - "The Final Strike"
  • After leaving the Astrals, Noctis goes on his final battle for the ideal future for all his people.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017

CoWZ05t.gif

The game is fine for god sake!

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
While they do have new DLC in production, Tabata implied their new IP would also be "a fantasy set in reality" type title, so it would easily fit for either.