• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nonoriri

Apr 30, 2020
I agree. I wish Aloy was hotter... I wish with all the climbing she does, her character model was Abby Anderson level of jacked to be more appealing to me on a personal level. :P

Anyway, Aloy is like extremely attractive. This is so funny.

PeterThePanda

Jun 10, 2020
Spain
It's hilarious that gamers' infatuation with Photorealism(TM) has turned up on them and now they get mad female characters actually don't have to look like Triss or Yennefer all the time, or realizing just now that women also have facial hair, having also the same effect of outing them as virgin losers who haven't been 5 feet near a woman.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
manbabies getting mad about peach fuzz/pores/body hair on video game women is soooooooo funny like they're literally just telling on themselves with that

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Surprised this wasn't first.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Good points in the video. I mean I don't think she's pretty but she's pretty cool, and the game is enjoyable

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Capital-G Gamers, mirite? Beards, fertile skin glow, and vagina bones.

Claire in RE:2, Jill in RE:3, and to a lesser extent Trish in DMC5 were met with similar scrutiny.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine... a female character not explicitly designed to give neckbeard gamers a boner! What kind of world is this?!?

For real though, these people would probably petition to have her model on HFW changed to the Genshin Impact one

gattotimo

Oct 28, 2017
Capital-G Gamers, mirite? Beards, fertile skin glow, and vagina bones.

Claire in RE:2, Jill in RE:3, and to a lesser extent Trish in DMC5 were met with similar scrutiny.
What?? I've never played DMC5 but Claire and Jill in the remakes where like INSANELY hot! I guess they still weren't enough to satisfy those idiots

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
What?? I've never played DMC5 but Claire and Jill in the remakes where like INSANELY hot! I guess they still weren't enough to satisfy those idiots

Yeah. There are tons of threads on places like Steam forums and GameFAQs complaining about how they look. Same tactics were being used as with HFW too. Selectively chosen screenshots that make the character look slightly off from an awkward angle. Same rhetoric too. Not feminine enough, etc etc.

I think Nu Jill just looks too masculine.compared to Julia - Resident Evil 3

For Resident Evil 3 on the PlayStation 4, a GameFAQs message board topic titled "I think Nu Jill just looks too masculine.compared to Julia".

It's a shame this never made it on the Jimquisition radar. It deserved similar amounts of ire and derision.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
I actually love the blemishes they've given her. But yeah, anyone complaining about this has never been close enough to a woman to notice. And I wish that was just some facetious commentary but it's clear they just don't have that life experience.

gattotimo

Oct 28, 2017
I should feel sorry for those poor serial masturbators... but I'm not. They deserve the loneliness and their self deprecating sad life

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017

I think Nu Jill just looks too masculine.compared to Julia - Resident Evil 3

For Resident Evil 3 on the PlayStation 4, a GameFAQs message board topic titled "I think Nu Jill just looks too masculine.compared to Julia".

It's a shame this never made it on the Jimquisition radar. It deserved similar amounts of ire and derision.

When even gamefaqs is dunking on you then you know you made a really dumb take.
Nintendo hire this man.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
That's a good video. Great points about people whining more about video game women than talking at all about the abuses real women who made the games face in the industry.

Aloy's a babe. People are dumb.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
I always thought Aloy was incredibly attractive. 🤷‍♀️

To think that the same people who got mad about Abbie being jacked because she wouldn't get the nutrition needed in a post apocalypse society are now getting mad because Aloy doesn't apply a coating of toner and eyeliner every morning...

Also peach fuzz isn't a beard. All women have it dumb asses. We're fucking mammals, we all grow hair.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not gonna lie, Aloy is not "conventionally attractive" to me. Everyone has their own opinion on pretty/beauty. But I like it the way it is. If you want bog-standard pretty there's always Tomb Raider, or Uncharted's Chloe (who isn't white, but she still has an otherwise conventionally pretty look about her). Nothing wrong with "regular" faces being front and center.

Oct 28, 2017
i like how this franchise always brings the scum out of the gutter lol

if i recall correctly last time it caused this sort reaction too right?

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If they've got peach fuzz on characters now, what's gonna be left for PS6 to add?

Pores detailed and stretching, dynamic sweat/dirt/greasiness, subsurface scattering (those might happening already. We're already getting muscle deformation). Beyond that, I'm not sure we have many game protags with blackheads, milia, pimples, rosacea, irritated skin, dry skin/eczema or stretch marks, but that's basically all just texture work.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
User Warned: Thread Whining
We have reached a point where one person being stupid on the internet is enough to have a topic of conversation for a week.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
Honestly my only complaint with Aloy is the same one my girlfriend commented on: she really should have more defined muscles given the character.

frankly in a lot of towns the woman look much more built for the world than she does. She kinda retains a rather slim physique with no muscle definition, yet she's lugging around presumably heavy bows and engages in more acrobatics and rock climbing than most professionals.

…of course this is really just about misogynistic nerds wanting hyper sexualized characters wearing impractical specialized clothing they can ogle all game. In which case, just wait for the PC version. Where I'm sure there will be nude mods day one

Last edited:

Geido

Oct 30, 2017
User Warned: Trolling; Body Shaming
I have to say, from certain angles Aloy does have a severe case of hamster-face. Something in the cheeks...

But definitely not a man.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Yup. Some guy infamously even went to the lengths of breaking down an in game cafeteria menu, to prove that Abbie couldn't get the caloric intake to build muscle mass.

I'm not even a fan of TLoU2 myself, but the number Abbie and her muscles did on incel chuds was startlingly amusing.

That's just incredible. I'm sure this person had no problem with the Gears of War characters looking like bodybuilders in a post apocalyptic setting.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
Aloy looks attractive enough, different standards I guess, but everytime she opens her mouth makes me want to turn off the game.

Are there any attractive NPCs? (male or female?) I can't seem to recall any in the first game. (the sun king guy maybe?)