• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Running animation looks a little static, but other than that everything seems pretty spot on for a recreation.

Dreams doesn't support multiplayer yet, so all the other beans are AI.

My attempt at a recreation of Fall Guys in Dreams. I intentionally chose to omit a majority of the game as this is simply meant to show a small piece of what can be done in Dreams. My hopes are that other Dreamers (and future potential Dreamers) can see this as one example among many others as to what they can create within this amazing game. A part of me wonders what could have been done if I had a full proper team, but I like the way this came out. All of this was created entirely within Dreams between only 3 people. I couldn't have done it without HyperDreamSurfer's help in recreating the amazing soundtrack and working out a method to create the swirling backgrounds, as well as RurouniDan in showing me a way to fix the overall lighting and coloring of the environment and the various assets.

Zones

Oct 28, 2017
There's a near carbon copy of the game on Roblox too.

Unfortunately, that one is monetized.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Dreams seems like a fairly great beginner engine, weren't there plans for this on PC or to at least export assets into Unity?

Tryxx

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Don't get me wrong I love dreams and play it every day tbh. Do we really need a new thread someone replicates another game in dreams though?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I was expecting something that resembled Fall Guys, not something that absolutely looks like the actual thing. Wow... that ending was great too lol.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
If only the See Saws stayed that level even with people walking on them.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I mean, you can't have 60 players multiplayer on Dreams so this is quite useless ^^

Many of the Fall Guys imitations in dreams do not have the appropriate physics either. Think of these as a way to see what's possible in a few weeks of time. That's where I get impressed.

Personally I'm way more impressed with the unique stuff in Dreams.

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
There are a lot of Fall Guys creations on Dreams, most of them are very basic though. My daughter seems to enjoy playing them more than the real thing... Haven't seen this one so will have to check it out. Looks great. Got an indreams link?

Zones

Oct 28, 2017
Wait, people can monetize their Roblox creations, or the Roblox devs monetize?
Yes, and I believe it's a full time job for some people.

The split of content creators to Roblox dev is something like 20% to 80%, respectively.

I have always thought Sony should make Dreams platform agnostic with a monetization method which resembles that of Roblox.

GTSweet

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Dreams is incredible. Sort of looks like a beta version of the current release... but the fact that the replication to even that level is amazing.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Dreams is awesome and should be included in every ps5.

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't expecting the whole UI and actual branding. Nice. Dreams gives you the physics tools and rotation joints and such, so Seesaw itself isn't terribly difficult conceptually. Good work getting this close this quickly!

ergoakari

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Wait, people can monetize their Roblox creations, or the Roblox devs monetize?

pretty sure there are entire companies that just make games inside roblox and hire people to work on their roblox games. It's an absolutely massive market that people in games don't talk about enough. Being skilled at Roblox studio can likely land you a dev job.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Don't get me wrong I love dreams and play it every day tbh. Do we really need a new thread someone replicates another game in dreams though?
This is one of the most disappointing things about Dreams.

It had so much potential, but all anyone ever sees is, "Here is a really close facsimile of GAME X, isn't it cool?!"

Like, when was the last time you saw a Dreams thread about an original concept and not just a carbon copy of something that already exists?

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
"recreated Fall Guys"

"doesn't support multiplayer"

Oct 28, 2017
That is pretty wild, hopefully multiplayer comes to Dreams soon.

As a sidenote I love the music here. Sounds like a remix of the Fall Guys tunes.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I think accurate 1:1 recreations can be a useful stress test for a toolkit since then you cannot fall back on basing your design on what the toolkit does well, you have to do EVERYTHING and really stress the kit's ability to conform to a rigid preexisting design. That said, has Dreams not been stress tested enough by now?