WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

View: https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1649165227211247618?s=20

Pearson Airport is often used to transport gold mined in Canada so it can be shipped to customers globally.

The Toronto Sun was the first to report on the gold heist at Canada's largest airport.

It's alleged that 3,600 pounds of gold were stolen from airline cargo earlier in the week. If accurate, that would total $105 million. The Sun reports that investigators are looking at local organized crime gangs as potential suspects.

A spokesperson for Ontario's RCMP confirmed with CityNews its officers are looking into the robbery at Pearson.

"We are still trying to get accurate information on the heist," they said.

The Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA) tells CityNews that Pearson was briefly locked down for 18 minutes due to a security incident on Thursday.

toronto.citynews.ca

Peel police say $20M worth of gold, other goods stolen from Toronto Pearson Airport

The Greater Toronto Airports Authority confirmed that Pearson was locked down for 18 minutes due to a security incident on Thursday.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How are you walking out with gold? Dollar bills, yes, but a fucking heist of gold in an airport? How do you plan for that? Take it out of the plane while it's on the runway?

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
jimmy-shower.gif

Brandino

Avenger
Jan 9, 2018
This is going to be a movie in a few years.

The question now is, will the thieves be able to lay low, or will someone showboating ruin the whole thing?

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
If you stole the gold don't buy a fucking pink cadillac, even if its your wifes mothers name and she loves the car

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After you steal the gold what do you do with it? You have to exchange it for currency for it to be worth anything.

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
tenor.gif

But really, if that person is smart, they will hold onto it for quite some damn time.

Wyndstryker

Oct 25, 2017
Very likely whatever organized crime group did it has an insider in the airport. Maybe even several insiders

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
I just had a laugh imagining that tweet without the accompanying article, leaving literally no context to the claim.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Mastermind:"I planning a heist"
The Thief:"I am in hooiser"

tsmoreau

Oct 27, 2017
Gold never even arrived at the airport I bet, just did on paper only. Then again you can move 3600 lbs with a single forklift no problem...