• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco
Fa1ghYZX0AAkfJJ.jpg

Back-Up of the TV Spot:

View: https://twitter.com/ShaikhSehran/status/1562014190147354627?s=20&t=DoJv8dEt-O3ZPkorJbRXqg

Last edited:

Stath

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Mar 4, 2022
I wonder just how broken this is going to be on release.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just to think we live in a timeline where Balan Wonderworld could be better than a Sonic game.

Naaaaaaaah..... but just maybe? Lol

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
Sonic 2006 really killed the appeal of this series huh. I still don't get why it should be delayed, it doesn't look like it's broken, neither do I understand the comparisons with that dumpster fire that is Balan, I honestly think that this is getting meme'd on at this point because what I've seen from the footage released is nowhere near as bad as people are depicting it.

Stath

Mar 4, 2022
Sonic 2006 really killed the appeal of this series huh. I still don't get why it should be delayed, it doesn't look like it's broken, neither do I understand the comparisons with that dumpster fire that is Balan, I honestly think that this is getting meme'd on at this point because what I've seen from the footage released is nowhere near as bad as people are depicting it.

Sega infamously rushes their Sonic games and we're coming right off the heels of Sonic Origins, which nonsensically got rushed to meet some stupid anniversary deadline nobody cares about.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
I don't either. I thought it looked fine. But it also looked like it could use polish, which, in fairness, could be acceptably finished by November, but I also don't want it going up against the Fall big hitters. GoW is already confirmed to be the same day and PokƩmon is 10 days later.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
im genuinely surprised that they're not delaying it considering how negative the response has been. how long has it been in development?

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I still don't get why they won't show the actual levels instead of the open hub areas

BossDumDrum

Jan 3, 2020
Sega infamously rushes their Sonic games and we're coming right off the heels of Sonic Origins, which nonsensically got rushed to meet some stupid anniversary deadline nobody cares about.

Frontiers began development following Forces in 2017. I can't say this project seems rushed especially compared to the states we saw Colors Ultimate footage or Origins.

It seems to me most of these dumb memes are based on assumptions of what a Sonic game will be.

They said no more delays. This is it.

Competing with God of War, the biggest game of the fall. My goodness...

So a game aimed at kids is competing with God of War?

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Frontiers began development following Forces in 2017. I can't say this project seems rushed especially compared to the states we saw Colors Ultimate footage or Origins.

It seems to me most of these dumb memes are based on assumptions of what a Sonic game will be.

they spent 5 years on this and it looks this bad? holy shit

Stath

Mar 4, 2022

I know it's had a long period of development, but so did Sonic Forces, and that game was visibly pretty slapped-together all-over. Having a long development cycle doesn't preclude the game from being dragged to the finish line. I'm not hopeful.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I still have that slight hope that it'll be serviceable, since apparently it's not possible to make good 3D Sonic anymore.

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
People comparing this to God of War is wild, the target demographics couldn't be more different lmao. It's like saying Splatoon 3 will tank because it's releasing around the same time as TLOU:P1. Critically is another story, that's a total coin toss.

The Balan comparisons are also pretty funny. I don't think there's a single 3D Sonic game that's as bad as that, even considering the absolute dumpster fire ones like 06.

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
Looks like we're gonna see a quality stretch of Game Grumps episodes starting in November.

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
im genuinely surprised that they're not delaying it considering how negative the response has been. how long has it been in development?
A delay isn't going to change the minds of those who've written it off, to be fair.
I still don't get why they won't show the actual levels instead of the open hub areas
We'll see more of them soon enough, but at the same time the open zones are the game just as much or even more so than the Cyberspace levels. I feel like people might be misunderstanding that.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020

So a game aimed at kids is competing with God of War?
Of course it is. Not only kids are playing Sonic and people only have so much disposable income.

I know I'm worried about affording both
I know it's had a long period of development, but so did Sonic Forces, and that game was visibly pretty slapped-together all-over. Having a long development cycle doesn't preclude the game from being dragged to the finish line. I'm not hopeful.
I think Forces had a bit over a year of development. The rest was spent creating the Hedgehog Engine 2 and I think development was reset at some point, which ended up with the bulk of the development being in the final year or so.

Dooble

Oct 28, 2017

Has it been that negative? Seems like the footage from Summer Game Fest was well received.
And the previews seem good too.

BossDumDrum

Jan 3, 2020
they spent 5 years on this and it looks this bad? holy shit

It doesn't look bad to me. Looks fine. šŸ¤· Especially the current footage.

Unless you want to pull footage from the IGN firsts to prove your point.

Forces situation is complex and full of mystery.

All the same, this game is barely the same scope as Forces so it's hard to judge one based on the other until more stuff is out.

Because as is, the people who played the game like it despite the memers who are just looking at footage.

Stath

Mar 4, 2022
I think Forces had a bit over a year of development. The rest was spent creating the Hedgehog Engine 2 and I think development was reset at some point, which ended up with the bulk of the development being in the final year or so.

That all counts as development towards what became Sonic Forces.

Regardless, my point is that pessimism towards this game shouldn't be surprising or even annoying. If it's good it's good, but Sega's recentish track record on Sonic is pretty dire.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Looks fun. I just dont get the art style. Looks like they were developing a totally different game and someone said 'fuck it, lets add Sonic' about 12 months ago. He looks like a mod.

BossDumDrum

Jan 3, 2020
Of course it is. Not only kids are playing Sonic and people only have so much disposable income.

I know I'm worried about affording both.

Sonic will still be relevant in the coming months and will get plenty of sales following its main release.

It's not like a Crash 4 that relies on that front load to keep the conversation going. Frontiers is getting DLC and The franchise is getting a new Netflix show to keep kids in the sonic mind-space.

Also, multiplatform.

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really worried about the core gameplay loop, from what I've seen and heard it all sounds pretty fun. I definitely have reservations about how technically sound it's going to be though. Colours Ultimate and Origins were plagued by issues and I'd be shocked if that wasn't the case here.

Dooble

Oct 28, 2017
It doesn't look bad to me. Looks fine. šŸ¤· Especially the current footage.

Unless you want to pull footage from the IGN firsts to prove your point.

Forces situation is complex and full of mystery.

All the same, this game is barely the same scope as Forces so it's hard to judge one based on the other until more stuff is out.

Because as is, the people who played the game like it despite the memers who are just looking at footage.

I think both Forces and Frontiers have not had full production of 4 to 5 years respectively. Sega changed approach after Lost World imo, before there was constant full production on Sonic games with no pause.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
Sonic will still be relevant in the coming months and will get plenty of sales following its main release.

It's not like a Crash 4 that relies on that front load to keep the conversation going. Frontiers is getting DLC and The franchise is getting a new Netflix show to keep kids in the sonic mind-space.

Also, multiplatform.
Hopefully. As a big Sonic fan, I really want this to do well. When was it announced to get DLC?

As for multiplatform, it's biggest platform is Switch and that's getting PokĆ©mon 10 days after, which could hurt it then and for the holidays šŸ˜•