• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: Wait never mind ignore this and enjoy this gif and a question

tumblr_ozb59tpYZD1rbt1i3o6_r1_400.gif

For those who are looking forward to the IDW comics, what types of things would you like them to do different from the archie ones ?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just happy that it's a fresh start. I never got into Archie because it seemed too daunting, but at a reasonable price I might jump in at launch for IDW.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I'm just happy that it's a fresh start. I never got into Archie because it seemed too daunting, but at a reasonable price I might jump in at launch for IDW.
It was actually really easy to pick up after the reset from Worlds Collide. It wiped the backstories of just about everyone to bring it in line with the game's canon and reintroduced everyone else with only a little leftover melodrama.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I hope, and I get this is to some peoples disdain, the archie characters stay gone. Like I feel llike those characters overstayed their welcome for decades and even after a reboot took up space in a main sonic book I would be occupied by knuckles or something. On top of me only kind of liking to of them in the case of the FF. There are some interesting new characters that I feel like could come back that were introduced during the reboot that never really got to shine as much as they did but I doubt they are actually going to do that. Several of the good ones I feel like crosspaths in the direction sega wants to go with the series if sega is any indication.

The sea - sonic folk were cool though genuine interesting expansion to sonic's world, more than the whips more than those dumb humans , I hope sega makes that a thing in the game.

Wonder what our boy Ken Penders is doing these days? Lmao.

kY6KUY0.png

That's horrifying, as what he's up to, not releasing comics, and yelling on twitter about shit he doesn't know. " I heard that if the FF isn't in the comic some stores wont pick it up" dumb shit like that. Like a store gives a shit about those characters and not the brand. Or yelling at people who actually work in the industry and know what they are talking about in arguments and embarrassing himself

Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
What I would like to see with IDW Sonic is that no crossovers happen, period, and that any that do are like other IDW ones where it is completely separate from the main comic and has no slow down on story or pacing, like Star Trek Green Lantern.

Some I would like to see include the following.

Sonic / Star Trek Deep Space Nine

Sonic / My Little Pony

Team Dark / The X-Files

Oct 25, 2017
I hope, and I get this is to some peoples disdain, the archie characters stay gone. Like I feel llike those characters overstayed their welcome for decades and even after a reboot took up space in a main sonic book I would be occupied by knuckles or something. On top of me only kind of liking to of them in the case of the FF. There are some interesting new characters that I feel like could come back that were introduced during the reboot that never really got to shine as much as they did but I doubt they are actually going to do that. Several of the good ones I feel like crosspaths in the direction sega wants to go with the series if sega is any indication.

The sea - sonic folk were cool though genuine interesting expansion to sonic's world, more than the whips more than those dumb humans , I hope sega makes that a thing in the game.
I have mixed feelings on them. I grew up watching SATAM, but don't really have any desire to go back to Knothole and the Freedom Fighters. I enjoyed it as a kid, but even back then I still thought of it as an unrelated side thing compared to the "real" Sonic from the video games. I don't think there are enough characters to use as a consistent cast in an ongoing comic series without ruining their characters (obviously there are tons of characters, but having Knuckles, Shadow, and the Chaotix just tossing their own personal lives aside to hang out with Sonic and Tails all the time would be lame), so in that sense the Archie characters helped to flesh out the world and storylines. On the other hand, they made it harder to get into the comics when coming in from only playing the games, and I felt like most of their designs were weaker than the main cast. I really hate the character designs with normal heads of hair like Antoine or Sally's computer who turned into a person because none of the SEGA Sonic designs have that and it's a really obvious thing to avoid.

I guess Infinite has hair. But Infinite's a little bitch so he doesn't count.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I have mixed feelings on them. I grew up watching SATAM, but don't really have any desire to go back to Knothole and the Freedom Fighters. I enjoyed it as a kid, but even back then I still thought of it as an unrelated side thing compared to the "real" Sonic from the video games. I don't think there are enough characters to use as a consistent cast in an ongoing comic series without ruining their characters (obviously there are tons of characters, but having Knuckles, Shadow, and the Chaotix just tossing their own personal lives aside to hang out with Sonic and Tails all the time would be lame), so in that sense the Archie characters helped to flesh out the world and storylines. On the other hand, they made it harder to get into the comics when coming in from only playing the games, and I felt like most of their designs were weaker than the main cast. I really hate the character designs with normal heads of hair like Antoine or Sally's computer who turned into a person because none of the SEGA Sonic designs have that and it's a really obvious thing to avoid.

I guess Infinite has hair. But Infinite's a little bitch so he doesn't count.

I don't think the other character should throw their lives away to hang out with sonic, Though a team dark FF team up arc would have been hilarious or just interesting to see under Ian's pen. One of the best things that comic did was have characters just reacting to knuckles and shadow, or both of them at the same time in some cases. Back on topic though, I don't think they should their lives away to hang out with sonic, I just don't think everything in the main book should have been about sonic. As much as I like sonic as character, feel free to just make the main book about tails or amy or some shit for like an extended period of time, and temporary team ups are fine as long as it isn't decades long. I think its gonna be the format they are gonna go with the IDW book, because they aren't starting with the two books they had last time.

As or story lines, when the Archie storylines weren't flaming piles of dogsht, they were sometimes genuinely enjoyable. I will say again those fish people were the dopest shit, and I can appreciate the stories having characters deal with things rather than revolve around them introduce new characters .I mean I wish they had other characters actually interact with new characters besides sonic and the FF because... outside that one time with chaotix those new characters tended to just go away because...other characters didn't interact with them for whatever reason. Because that's how Ian flynn chose to do world building can't let everyone go their seperate ways and interact with the world,having a much shorter story and allowing for characters to interact with other characters and takes the burden off of the one story. Still upset about that. But outside of shit like that, and some of the horrifying shit in the pre-reboot that I would argue is some of the worst shit sega ever put out ( if you think tails is bad in forces , holy shit he was shinji at a point ) , it was enjoyable.

Yeah the designs were weird even after the reboot it was pretty clear the FF's design philosophy was from an entirely different place because none of the reboot characters even looked like that. And yeah infinite's weird, I wonder if he will stick around.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
I fully expect the FFs to still be kicking around in IDW's series, just as one of the many groups Sonic pals around with from time to time and not part of the core cast.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I would definitely miss the Freedom Fighters just because they've been around for so long, but they certainly aren't necessary for this brand new series

keep Sally and Nicole, ditch the others

Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
I had a thought... SonicEra's been around, counting another time, another place, since at least 2012-2013, right? Has it ever had a mascot? After thinking about the fact that /sthg/ has 2, ad other communities from another time, another place also had mascots...

Shouldn't we totes make a mascot? I would love for us to do this!

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the mascot should be a sonic forces oc picked through a thread poll, with the only requirement being that it has to wear the GAMER hat

Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
WARNING!!!
Sonic CulT is not your normal Sonic site. It is based on Sonic GAME information, and produced by someone who grew up with Sonic since the beginning. So that means this site is for MATURE audences ONLY. If you're offended easily, or dislike vulgar language, It's a good suggestion you turn back now.
Parents: we aren't here to baby-sit your fucking kids, we're not good influences. don't let them look at this shit, or they'll be likely to turn out like us

LMFAO

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I finally finished my replay of Sonic Adventure I started a few months back and I must say the game is still quite fun. It's incredibly glitchy but I still got a lot of enjoyment out of it. Heck, I even enjoyed most of the non Sonic gameplay.

I'm not sure why Big became such a joke online. Amy's stages are much much worse.

Sonic fans never return a Sonic game. NEVER.
You're right. I still have my copy of Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric.