Apr 14, 2024

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMp5vsGE7mg

Finally got around to publishing my Superstars music pack, which simultaneously makes the game way more enjoyable for me and also lets me properly yell at the world about how good so much of the Olympics music is.

This is really cool as a project and I'm sure it 100% clears the original in terms of music quality. I'm still hoping though that someone might just do a similar mod with a 'second pass' for the tracks. When I play a Sonic game I sort of want to hear the new music, so it's such a shame that Superstars' music was so half-baked (please keep mr.Senoue away from that soundboard Sega). A fan remix project is what I'm praying for with this game. When it comes out I'll probly grab the game on sale and use that.
Still though, great work with this, skimming through all the music choices seem totally fitting!

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
This is really cool as a project and I'm sure it 100% clears the original in terms of music quality. I'm still hoping though that someone might just do a similar mod with a 'second pass' for the tracks. When I play a Sonic game I sort of want to hear the new music, so it's such a shame that Superstars' music was so half-baked (please keep mr.Senoue away from that soundboard Sega). A fan remix project is what I'm praying for with this game. When it comes out I'll probly grab the game on sale and use that.
Still though, great work with this, skimming through all the music choices seem totally fitting!
There is one published pack that does what you're looking for—kinda, it's not as comprehensive as I'd like.

Jun 22, 2021
I wish Sega would go back and give us another Sonic & Sega all stars racing transformed, hell I would even take a remaster.

Sonic Team Racing really didn't do anything for me.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Finally found a minute or two to get the fanmade 16bit version of Sonic Triple Trouble running on my Steam Deck. Gotta say Im impressed with how slick the whole thing is, looks, sounds and plays really well and I like the way the Sonic/Tails swapping works in this one. Gotta love how committed the fans are to creating some of these amazing fan games, patches and mods. I still gotta find some time to try the "remake" of 06 on PC.

InfiniteKing

Oct 26, 2017
I swear Sonic Triple Trouble 16bit is super high on my list for me, it almost edges out S3&K

Finally found a minute or two to get the fanmade 16bit version of Sonic Triple Trouble running on my Steam Deck. Gotta say Im impressed with how slick the whole thing is, looks, sounds and plays really well and I like the way the Sonic/Tails swapping works in this one. Gotta love how committed the fans are to creating some of these amazing fan games, patches and mods. I still gotta find some time to try the "remake" of 06 on PC.
Please do try Project 06, it is IMO the best 3D sonic game.

Apr 14, 2024
Triple Trouble 16 Bit was shockingly well executed. I like a lot of Sonic fan projects but something about how that game really went the extra mile to make it feel like a compelte package, really put a smile on my face. I don't think it has the best fangame soundtrack, nor is it the best visually, but it's so much more than the sum of its parts.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I swear Sonic Triple Trouble 16bit is super high on my list for me, it almost edges out S3&K

Please do try Project 06, it is IMO the best 3D sonic game.
Its installed and ready to go, I just need to find some time to properly play it!

Triple Trouble 16 Bit was shockingly well executed. I like a lot of Sonic fan projects but something about how that game really went the extra mile to make it feel like a compelte package, really put a smile on my face. I don't think it has the best fangame soundtrack, nor is it the best visually, but it's so much more than the sum of its parts.
Yeah, from what I played Im just impressed at how complete, and... "official" it feels. Its a really slick package and honestly if I wasnt aware it was a fan game Id probably just assume it was a legit Mega Drive game Sega released back in the day!

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Triple Trouble 16 Bit is great. I felt some of the "cutscene" stuff and twists to make the story work as a sequel to S3&K were maybe a bit cheesy. But overall it's a really solid package. It has an air of authenticity that partially comes from it also being a re-imagining/remake of a game that WAS official. So it's not like it's entirely rooted in fanwork, even if almost all of the Triple Trouble level design has been reimagined, it still walks a line between pure fan game and fan remake of an official game.

Honestly given Superstars brought Fang back, I honestly think if someone wanted to do a Classic Sonic marathon but not actually bother with touching the Game Gear games directly, Triple Trouble 16 Bit is worth throwing in between 3&K and Mania. 1, CD, 2, 3&K, TT16b, Mania, Superstars.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess Ben Schwartz tried to play Sonic Adventure 2, and as someone forcing myself through a replay right now, I can't say I am shocked at where he got stuck. If you don't have every conceivable hiding spot for emerald shards memorized, Knuckles stages are miserable. They're always the stages I put the game down.

GNObSZcboAIE91n

Ashes of Dreams

May 22, 2020
I never found the Knuckles stages to be that tough. You just fly around until the light starts blinking. If you're super lost, the TVs give you hints. Now that said, it is a radical shift in pacing and gameplay so I get why some don't like it. Sounds like his issue was more the controls than anything, which... fair enough, they are old. I'm used to them personally.

Oct 25, 2017
I never found the Knuckles stages to be that tough. You just fly around until the light starts blinking. If you're super lost, the TVs give you hints. Now that said, it is a radical shift in pacing and gameplay so I get why some don't like it. Sounds like his issue was more the controls than anything, which... fair enough, they are old. I'm used to them personally.
The problem is the stages are massive. With the one-shard-radar in such huge locations, it becomes closer to a needle in a haystack situation. The fun factor drops further when cramped rooms and hallways are introduced with stages like Aquatic Mine or Death Chamber. Knuckles' side feels much worse in this regard, but I have less painful memories of Rouge's hunting stages in comparison. But I'll see for myself when I get around to Dark story again.

Finding any of the three shards in SA1 while generally constructing stages as large rooms instead of several interconnected tiny ones was the perfect balance honestly.

The Deleter

Sep 22, 2019
Having not played Adventure 2 in a long time, my most recent playthrough mainly ran into friction in Death Chamber and Aquatic Mine, which makes sense for the latter (I've always thought that stage was the one truly poor one of them all) but Death Chamber was a new one. I never really clocked it as a super walled-off level in previous runs, but re-learning the stage with the camera as claustrophobic as it is, gave me some new appreciation for people who struggle with that stage specifically.

Past that, the pains all got thrown out the window though. Sprint to one of the main three or four sections, get a read within 5 seconds or don't, then sprint to the other sections until you do, rinse and repeat. Never even been about memorization for me, just the general area optimization overall

Also the rest of the Ben Schwatrz story is great, love that people outside the fandom can get to see the same stuff the fans have loved for years now:

View: https://x.com/Sonic1News/status/1788944230217584976

Maybe one day we'll get another Sonic story that manages to pull off that same thrill factor again somehow... one day....

Ashes of Dreams

May 22, 2020
I agree entirely that the one crystal radar is bad. My last two playthroughs were on PC where I modded it back to the SA1 radar lol

Apr 14, 2024
I think the Adventure games can be quite a mess at times, hodge podge of ideas without a singular vision. The controls are really precise which I think for some can lead to a feeling of over-sensitivity. There were a lot of issues with bugs that should've been ironed out that werent, and the less said about the ports the better.
At the same time, the pendulum swing is wild. Not accusing the actor of this at all, but the roaring support of "yeah these games have always been unplayable" is so frustrating to read (not happening here, more on Twitter).
Guys I was 9 years old and could complete these games without that much trouble. I get it, the controls take a bit to get used to, and in a lot of ways the games are more buggy than they should be, but just relax a little.

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
Been discussing Shadow Generations with a friend of mine and I had a thought regarding the OST. Surely they've got Jun Senoue on it right ? Give the man a chance to do what he does best.