Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
About what I expected. Jim looks good here, though. Gonna get me this for bad movie night.

Renpatsu

Oct 25, 2017
Jim Carey hamming it up will end up being the only reason to watch this.

Also, really that's what they're going for their trailer song?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So when is someone going to make a superior trailer that is just all the Dr Robotnik bits and set it to one of his themes?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My dude, WHAT?!

The complaints aren't because it isn't Sonic accurate, it's because it looks bad as a movie.
Nah, as a movie it's a pretty basic average kids fair.

It very much feels worse than it really is because of the design. If they went for a cartoony design, there wouldn't be as much blowback.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
As soon as his first line was "gotta go fast" you knew they intended to appeal to the memeverse instead of the actual Sonic fanbase.

Sonic deserves better.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Why does Sonic look so gross? Why does he look SO FUCKING GROSS?

6f0nzoU.png

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't think it could possibly look this bad. I mean just...wow.

Dialogue is pathetic and feels like it was written the night before they needed a script to start filming.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Even the Jim Carrey parts seemed meh to me (well his acting was fine obviously but the dialogue was so poor). Also the child kidnap joke at the end? Ugh...

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I need to watch Mania Adventures again as a palate cleanser after that. I recommend everyone else do the same.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
After watching it a second time, Jim is single handedly carrying this movie for me. I love it!

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't even look terrible. More like your usual mediocre Hollywood "funny" movie. Sonic looks off though. Chuckled at Carry's introduction scene.

eseqko

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I kinda expected worse. But I wouldn't mind watching this a couple years from now on FXX/FX/TNT if I happen to leave the channel there and suddenly find that there is nothing else to watch.

rgibbo36

Oct 27, 2017
I expected a lot worse. I would have been super pumped for this movie if I were eight years old.

RedshirtRig

Nov 14, 2017
This is like the Anti-Detective Pikachu, everything about that movie looks great, everything about this looks bad.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Looks absolutely terrible, but somehow not quite as terrible as I thought? I don't know, I guess I was just expecting it to be shit.

Save for Sonic himself, though. He does look even worse than I thought he would, yikes.

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
Eeeewww.

I felt legit revolt every time Sonic was on the screen. I physically groaned every time. So icky.

At least Jim Carey is Jim Carey.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
It's worse than I ever could've imagined. Good lord. Whhhhhyyyyyy

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
that interruption scene is completely lacking any comedic timing at all

and gangster's paradise for a film mostly starring white people and a CG hedgehog?