• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
This one is like 15 minutes away from me. I've been to the normal burger place that has been there for a few years, and their food was very good.

I expect others are popping up around the country, yeah?

Immersive Sonic The Hedgehog Pop-Up Opening In Houston Next Week

FotoJet-39-1024x685.jpg

See iconic video-game/now big-screen character come to life this May with Knuckles, Tails, and other at the SEGA-licensed Sonic The Hedgehog Speed Cafe in Houston.

Furthermore, the pop-up will feature a special themed menu including a Knuckles Sandwich with spicy fried chicken, Sonic's Classic Chili Dog, and Piko Piko Tenders. The menu will also feature a variety of sides including Fast Fries, Golden Ring onion rings, and Green Hill Vegan Chili Cup.

Craft Burger founder and chef, Shannen Tune, will feature a couple themed dishes of his own at the pop-up with a chopped brisket-based hotdog called The Chaotix Hot Dog as well as an Ultimate Fearless Hot Dog and Zomom's Hunger Buster Fries.

As for the libations, visitors can chose from a variety of beverages themed after the franchise characters. Drinks include Sonic's Blue Blur blueberry slush, Tails Spin Tea, Amy Rose's Sweet Amy strawberry milkshake, Shadow's Team Dark mocha milkshake, and Knuckles' Smashing Echidna fruit punch slush.

Take all my golden rings if old.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
Yeah they've been running these for a limited time in Southern and Northern California (Chino Hills, Bay Area).

The food is very okay, very over priced but you're paying for the experience. They sometimes have special guests come out to visit and Sonic mascots!

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I went to one of these. The lune to get in was pretty Ling but the chili dog was good

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
They started these last year at SDCC. The food is alright. You're mainly paying for the experience. The merch quality is mediocre tbh.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I wish we did cafes and pop-up stores more.

Consider me shocked and appalled a "Central Perk" never even opened for any Friends anniversary (even though that kind of a schlocky idea would be great in the heart of NYC lol) .

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more concerned with the fact that Shadow is smiling in official artwork.

mute

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
That floor is going to be disgusting pretty quick.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
"Furthermore, the pop-up will feature a special themed menu including a Knuckles Sandwich with spicy fried chicken, Sonic's Classic Chili Dog, and Piko Piko Tenders. The menu will also feature a variety of sides including Fast Fries, Golden Ring onion rings, and Green Hill Vegan Chili Cup."

knucklessandwich.png

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
I went to the one in Chino Hills, CA (still there until late May). The exclusive merchandise was looked decent, but everything was so expensive. The food was very average for very high prices.

Mesoian

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if this one will try to poison me with their terrible chili dog infused vodka cocktails.

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
"Furthermore, the pop-up will feature a special themed menu including a Knuckles Sandwich with spicy fried chicken, Sonic's Classic Chili Dog, and Piko Piko Tenders. The menu will also feature a variety of sides including Fast Fries, Golden Ring onion rings, and Green Hill Vegan Chili Cup."

knucklessandwich.png

is that from the sonic 3 manual cuz that's a deep cut reference i wouldnt have thought of

Xandalan

Oct 17, 2020
Here is where I tell you the deep lore of the Sonic comic history. Lets start with issue 50 which I have sealed as well as issue one. Loses oneself self to sonic madness.

FarronFox

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I edited it. I was poking fun at them giving Sonic HIS favorite food but not Knuckles.

knucklesgrapes.png
Wonder why they specified some foods and age for Knuckles back then. They should have done the same for Sonic and Tails.

As I can somewhat follow that for Knuckles (even though real echidnas do not eat grapes) but I can't ever really link Sonic supposedly loving Chili dogs when the classic games have him saving pigs and other animals. One of the reasons modern Sonic annoys me.

Sayuz

Apr 29, 2019
Wonder why they specified some foods and age for Knuckles back then. They should have done the same for Sonic and Tails.

As I can somewhat follow that for Knuckles (even though real echidnas do not eat grapes) but I can't ever really link Sonic supposedly loving Chili dogs when the classic games have him saving pigs and other animals. One of the reasons modern Sonic annoys me.

He's been eating chili dogs since 1992.

Sonic's love for chili dogs first appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog story bible, written by the Reeds and Len Janson and dated February-March 1992. In it, Sonic's Uncle Chuck made chili dogs and Sonic was the enthusiastic delivery boy.

Sonic is just more open about his love for slabs of meat covered in beans on a bun nowadays, but it's never been a secret.

Even if you only count the games, Sonic has been eating them since Unleashed in 2008.

Hfgdghas7gg.png

Unleashed was released 17 years after Sonic 1, which as of 2024 is was 16 years ago itself.

This means if Unleashed Sonic is still modern Sonic, then we're only just a bit over a year away from him being closer to Classic Sonic than he is to the Sonic of today.

At that point, chili dogs will have been in the games for longer than they haven't!