Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
i wonder, i have no interest in mobile game fate. But its making a bunchof money, are the doing other like console spin offs. This lives in the same space as granblue for me, where like I am aware due to how big it is. But I have no interest playing a mobile...anything besides like... the kof beat em upgame

luckily most of fate is not actually mobile, unlike granblue. Its an expansive universe and FGO, despite how much money it makes is actually a relatively small part of it

Tu101uk

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
They should make a Fate SRPG game in vein of Super Robot Wars with hundred characters to pick from. I think it could work.
Funny you mention this, there was an unofficial doujin game series called Battle Moon Wars that was essentially SRW with Type Moon characters in it. Even attack animations were parodied.

BMW+cover.png

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

It does take from all Type Moon works rather than just the Fate franchise but it has been done nonetheless!

Which reminds me, where's my Tsukihime crossover event, DelightWorks? I want my Arcueid Berserker and Archetype Earth Ruler! :V

Oct 28, 2017
Don't google FGO Leonardo Da Vinci

No problem. as for romance, not only does FSN have romance, i'd argue it has multiple love stories that could be considered up there with the greats.

It certainly has one of my favorite romances of all time in there. I'm sure there are those which can guess which one i'm talking about....
Shirou and Sakura?

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
The news for me here is Pokemon GO being in 6th. Resetera told me the game is dead...

In all seriousness yeah. It's crazy how much people spend on these type of games. Wasn't there some article about a guy who spent so much that their wife ended up leaving them? It makes me wonder about how people with addictive personalities who happen to be into anime get roped into games such as these and splurging on what essentially is just a PNG you can find for free on Google.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
luckily most of fate is not actually mobile, unlike granblue. Its an expansive universe and FGO, despite how much money it makes is actually a relatively small part of it
Uh thats wrong lmao, FGO definitely shaping how type moon works now, they just announcing multiple manga project and all of them have ties to FGO.

The storyline in the game basically the biggest deaĺ in nasuverse. Impacting the timelines a la marvel/DC story.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Super depressing as in sad/depressing stuff happens in the world?

Or super depressing because a lot of historical figures are turned into top tier waifus and husbandos?
Super depressing because when they need waifus, they turn historical figures into waifus. Ahem, DaVinci and Nobunaga.

Saber was a cool twist in the original VN. By now, it is absurd.

Good for Sony though. Gacha! Gacha! GACHA!

909cba2b327e46948a0ee987fd7a31f6.gif

At least FGO gave us the Learn FGO manga. And just like Carnival Phantasm, it is fucking awesome.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
What types of games does it have?

visual novels, fighting games, RPG's, table top games, among other media such as anime, manga, movies, music and countless other shit

Uh thats wrong lmao, FGO definitely shaping how type moon works now, they just announcing multiple manga project and all of them have ties to FGO.

The storyline in the game basically the biggest deaĺ in nasuverse. Impacting the timelines a la marvel/DC story.

In terms of actual content, its still by far one of the smallest pieces. It has tons of its own spinoff material, but its still just a segment of the larger type moon sphere.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
In terms of actual content, its still by far one of the smallest pieces. It has tons of its own spinoff material, but its still just a segment of the larger type moon sphere.
FGO has TV anime,anime movie in the production, arcade games and shitton more on the way and possibly unannounced, its the core of their brand now.. try to argue otherwise seems weird and pointless.

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
Hmmm.
So OG VN-->fate zero-->unlimited blade works anime(not the film)-->GO?
Is this proper order in that this order won't spoil others?

Like I've had GO installed forever because I was told it gets crazy awesome but idk if it can be enjoyed so well as a standalone

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
I was just thinking earlier today about how I remember when Tsukihime and Fate and Melty were still new some 15+ years ago and how amateurish Takeuchi's art looked, but in a good way, like everything he worked on was a labor of love.

And now FGO is the top-performing mobile game on the planet.

wtf

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Hmmm.
So OG VN-->fate zero-->unlimited blade works anime(not the film)-->GO?
Is this proper order in that this order won't spoil others?

Like I've had GO installed forever because I was told it gets crazy awesome but idk if it can be enjoyed so well as a standalone

Og vn then fate zero or hollow ataraxia interchangably. All the other fsn anime adaptions can be watched in any order

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They really aren't. First one has middling gameplay, but pretty interesting narrative for what it is.

Naw man, the story in Extella is literal trash, it made me go off the franchise in general for a while it was that bad. Extella is a horrible game I wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy.

Link is at least fun to play, the first one had literally nothing going for it. Both games are also one of the very few to be a complete bitch to get working with a DS4 on windows.

lmao are you fucking blind bro

At least they made her look decently older for FGO.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You guys are over here spending $1k on pngs of anime and I'm just here playing Shining Force 2 on a Sega Genesis emulator.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It makes sense with context. Zouken has modified her body to be under her control. The parasite inside her needs energy and semen is one of them in the magus world. Her body is breaking apart due to the shadow and she doesn't know what's going on anymore. She also had sex with Shirou who she never thought would want to be with her due to how low her self-esteem is. She's also a horny girl in general and loves having sex with Shirou.

giphy.gif

Refrain

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
I find the extended Fate universe of spin offs and games to be absolute trash, especially FGO which specifically targets mentally ill people.

The original VN is very good though, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Are you saying that I'm mentally ill because I play FGO?

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Don't ever release another melty blood. Keep the fgo people in their mobile quarantine / at least don't let them taint the only good remaining type moon property.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No 1 in the whole world? I honestly did not expect it to come ahead of games like Honour of Kings, Candy Crush, Pokémon Go, Clash of Clans etc, as I'd have assumed those other games had more global appeal.

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
You know I always wondered if they ever go to Jesus, Stalin, Hitler, etc. Probably too much of a shitstorm.

Didn't that show Drifters do that ( one character i think was implied to be jesus, i didn't watch a lot of it)?

No one seemed to care then.

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Defending sexualised imagery of minors over a series of posts; numerous prior bans for inflammatory behavior

Grzi

Oct 26, 2017
The world is gacha.

Granblue still the best though.
Huge Christmas campaign starting in Granblue on the 22nd, tons of free rolls, come join us at

game.granbluefantasy.jp

(To preemptively answer the standard questions - no, granblue isn't available on google play or the iphone app store, yes, the best way to play granblue is through that link in your browser on pc or phone, pc the best though, yes you can download the app through qooapp but it is used by people only for real money purchases because once you have the app you can link your google account to it, playing through browser is faster and that's it, oh, yes the game is in english)

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would use some of that money to make an Arcsys Fighting game.

Just look at the Granblue one... I dream about a Fate one every god damn day.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It's been a damn long time since I dabbled in this but the continued success of this game, especially where so many of its peers had failed, never ceases to amaze me.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
No 1 in the whole world? I honestly did not expect it to come ahead of games like Honour of Kings, Candy Crush, Pokémon Go, Clash of Clans etc, as I'd have assumed those other games had more global appeal.
Game might not have as large an audience but the amount of whales it has are insane. I personally know at least 3 people that spend $200 a month on the game.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
It makes sense with context. Zouken has modified her body to be under her control. The parasite inside her needs energy and semen is one of them in the magus world. Her body is breaking apart due to the shadow and she doesn't know what's going on anymore. She also had sex with Shirou who she never thought would want to be with her due to how low her self-esteem is. She's also a horny girl in general and loves having sex with Shirou.