• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco

View: https://twitter.com/SonyGroup_JP/status/1597425857995296768

View: https://twitter.com/DyLhun/status/1597448424059641857?s=20&t=UinxkDS7TWhOO86r53e9aA

FisypgqagAAgj5q

FisypIOVEAE2MTw

People will finally be able to become a V-Tuber for relatively cheap.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
seems like a pretty neat product, only deal breaker would be the battery life so hopefully that's good too.

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, that's actually fairly cheap and, considering it's Sony, they may be able to keep the stock up - which is a big problem for most start-up solutions.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
If Sony can work out a way to bring that down to a reasonable price and make it also work with some sort of PS5 equivalent of Ring Fit Adventure they could absolutely coin it in.

Oct 25, 2017
The accessibility to tech like this is insane. Devices like these make me excited for the possibilities in creator content and usage in the future.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Oh boy, I can see these being used for a few interesting PCVR games. đź‘€

Edit- also late January Release date.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
That's so fucking cool for vtubers and other kinds of virtual social interactions. It'd be great if this worked with PSVR2, actually.

jkk411

Jul 22, 2018
I think competent performance capture for a reasonable price is going to be such a boon for indie devs. It's hard to overstate the value of injecting that human element into your animations. It makes me lean forward and pay more attention when I feel like I'm not just watching a bunch of pre-baked emojis firing off in sequence.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Sony is apparently a lot more in touch with VR using an anime girl instead of a boring office.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
If this works out as intended, this could be the start of a lot of great things for smaller companies and vtubers getting animations done a lot more cheaply and easily. Obviously it'll go through iterations and improve over time, but even just this is promising!

Floex

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously impressive. Will help grassroot designers get to the next level much quicker.

UrĂ°r

Aug 13, 2020
iirc mocap suits cost like $100,000 (or maybe the whole equipment?) a decade ago, so this is the most next-gen thing for the moment lol. A lot of indie devs are gonna be happy, and it kinda makes me want to become one.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Sony is apparently a lot more in touch with VR using an anime girl instead of a boring office.
Well Sony has a bunch of investments in Vtubers in Japan with their own group through Sony Music and investments in big companies like Anycolor. The Crunchyroll Vtuber lady too.

Adum

May 30, 2019
I remember reading that some independent vtubers paid upwards of $10k (maybe more? forgot the exact values) for their startup mocap gear a few years back. Will this $360 product offer similar tech? If so, that's amazing.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I remember reading that some independent vtubers paid upwards of $10k (maybe more? forgot the exact values) for their startup mocap gear a few years back. Will this $360 product offer similar tech? If so, that's amazing.
Its around 5-10k and an absolute pain to set up in house. This makes basic mocap much more accessible but I would wait for user impressions first since its hard to tell what the latency and accuracy are really like.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
exports as BVH data so could indeed use it for cheap game mocap, won't be as good as using a capture studio obviously - you don't have the same amount of sensors, facial capture etc - but still pretty cool

combine with a quest pro if you can get the facial data off, or could you do something with an iphone and depth camera strapped to your head?

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
tbh this seems pretty limited but paired with a camera maybe

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Downstairs neighbors across the world felt a sudden and inexplicable chill run through them.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Damn, that's a good price considering most vtubers spend upwards of 3k or more for their stuff. This can be great for indie devs as well!

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
It seems pretty cool but won't you use a lot of movement by not having any trackers on knees, elbows and shoulders?

Adum

May 30, 2019
ignore. Internet so crappy this is a 1 hour delayed double post.

Last edited:

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit the price is amazing. I had the chance to work with another accelerometer based mocap system and it was worth the price of a small car.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
direct support in mobile VR Chat is pretty great (although via a smartphone as the conduit).

Sony being sony, this appears to be exclusive to Experia Android phones or any iphone