• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DinkyDev

Feb 5, 2021
Sony will be opening the Alcon Entertainment animated movie on February 16, 2024

Chris Pratt voices Garfield and Samuel L. Jackson plays a brand-new character, Vic who is Garfield's father in the Mark Dindal directed movie.

David Reynolds wrote the screenplay.

Alcon Entertainment acquired the rights from the creator of the Garfield comic series and brand, Jim Davis, who will also serve as an executive producer.
deadline.com

Sony Dates Animated Chris Pratt ‘Garfield’ Pic For Winter 2024

'Garfield': Chris Pratt Animated Movie Sets 2024 Release

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Sony dating an animated cat? Weird. I guess that'll take the heat off Dane Cook

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
S06E01E02-5oL4OaEa-subtitled.jpg

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
We need a Mario + Garfield: Lasagna Battle crossover where Chris Pratt voices both characters. It'll sell millions, trust me.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
I thought I heard a corporate panel uses a bank of predrawn Garfield clip art to assemble new strips?

Haha is that the case? That does seem vaguely familiar, actually. Guess it isn't too surprising, it's probably a very efficient way of knocking them out nowadays without a lot of readers being the wiser.

I can't really find anything about it in a quick google search, though came across this article from 3 years ago with this excerpt:

Davis, who is 74, says he has no plans to retire from drawing the comic featuring the orange feline known for his dislike of Mondays and diets.

Maybe he's just at the point where he's still drawing it but only rarely, largely leaving the day-to-day publications to his staff.

Empty Your Head

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 1, 2022
If Sam Jackson is going to voice Garfield's dad, why not get someone who is also a POC to voice Garfield? Like…why does it have to be this white dude?

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
m.youtube.com

11/01/2007

Garfield and Odie put aside their differences in an uncharacteristic but touching display of affection.Jim Davis tribute set to "Ebony and Ivory" by Paul McC...

m.youtube.com

04/16/2007

Garfield hits Jon.Jim Davis tribute set to "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by Pat Benetar.http://www.lasagnacat.com

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Why did they choose Chris Pratt when Nick Offerman exists and is like, right next to him in the same show.
I can't remember if it was here or Twitter but someone made the joke where it was like

Sony Exec 1: Who are we gonna cast as Garfield?
Sony Exec 2: How about that guy from Parks & Rec?
Sony Exec 1: Awesome!
*Calls Chris Pratt by mistake*

HulkieD

Oct 27, 2017
Any voice for Garfield is gonna feel utterly wrong to me.

Lorenzo Music defined that cat for me and it doesn't feel right to hear anyone else's voice. He was so good and is so missed.

Deleted member 110527

Mar 11, 2022
i really would have loved a full, blockbuster-budget version of "garfield minus garfield". imagine the surreal oddity of it all, it would be like Jeanne Dielman, 23 quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

Deleted member 106050

Nov 26, 2021
"It's a-me, Garfield." - Chris Pratt doing his Garfield voice.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I have no intention of watching Homophobic Garfield, but is Pratt on a speedrun to do cheap movies to tank his career?