• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
It's actually incredible just how much time Sony has given them. Outside of porting Teraway to PS4, when Dreams hits, it would have been 7 years since releasing a game.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
VR support is going to launch this game to new heights. Offering a near-endless, dynamic lineup of community-created VR experiences is going to be a gamechanger.

I just hope the performance is rock solid. Even on a Pro in Framerate Priority mode some creations can drop frames and that's rough for VR. Devs would usually 'downgrade' or alter their games specifically for VR when introducing VR modes. That's obviously not possible with community created Dreams. Hoping MM has worked some magic to make it all smooth sailing.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I'm convinced that VR support will be limited until late next year. When PS5 comes out, full VR funcitonality. Dreams is clearly meant to span PS4 & PS5.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine that Dreams will be a steady source of revenue like LBP before it.
It's actually incredible just how much time Sony has given them. Outside of porting Teraway to PS4, when Dreams hits, it would have been 7 years since releasing a game.
They're a small studio that has always been profitable. That and their games have been always been received very well by critics.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Dreams or its updates will hopefully live more than 10 years. But maybe they need a pc version at some point to really become a mainstream tool.
Even only as a graphic tool to build a scene this is amazing and i love it but there are limitations of course and you can't export anything of quality from it..

This. I know it's a pipe dream, but Sony would do well to consider a PC release down the line.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
This. I know it's a pipe dream, but Sony would do well to consider a PC release down the line.
When Layden mentioned that some of their games would come to PC for the expanded audience, Dreams was the very first game that came to mind. But I'm pretty sure he was only referring to ReadySet Heroes ;)
Almost as long as the 6+ years SP will have had by the time GoT launches next year. It's scary how long games take to develop these days.

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
Well, it has been in development for 10 years. They need a long post-launch plan.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
That's awesome to hear. I went ahead and bought into the beta because it really does seem like it's here to stay.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be frank if you think everything looks very samey you haven't been looking. There is a lot of variety to be found.

THAT KAIJU GAME 🤣🤣
They earned £11.4 million in revenue and £2.5 million in profits last year. It's crazy to see how a small studio that hasn't released a game in a long ass time still generate that much profit.
Huh. I didn't know this. Anyone know if LBP3 is still going strong? I dropped off shortly after release because it didn't capture me like LBP2 did.

~Millet~

Jan 21, 2019
Dreams could be a cornerstone of their streaming strategy IMO.

Dreams can be YouTube to the PSNow's Netlix/iTunes/HBO.

It feels like a gaming YouTube, it just needs the accessibility of a YouTube - make it accessible through streaming in a browser/apps/etc. I think it's a candidate for the idea of selective PC porting of 'service' games also.

Totally agree with you.