• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Into The Spider-Verse opened my eyes to animated movies being able to be way better than live action. I hope a lot of these are animated/CG with a style of their own. Some things are just not possible with live action even if you make CG unrealistic shaped things in them. It's best for all of the movie to share the same style like Into The Spider-Verse.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
The last of us does have a good chance of becoming big based on a lot of key factors believe it or not. The biggest one being that ted is not only ending, but that it's been a big trash fire for awhile. That audience is looking to grasp onto something less burnt so to speak & the last of us could scratch that itch. Than you have hbo looking for the next got so to speak. To me, last of us feels like got meets walking dead, so another group to grasp onto. plus, you also have the guy who Chernobyl doing it! This show has a very good chance at succeeding if you asked me.
You had me until your comparison to Game of Thrones. I don't get that at all. Even if the last of us is a really good version of the walking dead....it's still a show about zombies. The Walking Dead was decent the first few seasons, but it never came close to approaching GOT. I don't see how The Last of Us distinguishes itself from other zombies movies or shows. What will it do differently? There isn't a ton of lore there, or well not compared to GOT at least. I think it could be successful but I don't see it becoming the next huge HBO show.

I've heard good things about Chernobyl but I don't think it had a particularly high viewership. I think I've only read heard about it on forums and such. No one I know in real life watched it.,..or at least liked it enough to talk about it. But I've heard it is a good show so tlou could at least be a good tv show??

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
DWAYNE JOHNSON STARS AS...
blasto.jpg

Jun 23, 2019
What film franchises they got besides GhostBusters?

LMGTFY.

Yes, Sony is desperate for franchises and using IPs that they own for TV shows and movies is scraping the bottom of the barrel. šŸ™„

Oct 25, 2017
You had me until your comparison to Game of Thrones. I don't get that at all. Even if the last of us is a really good version of the walking dead....it's still a show about zombies. The Walking Dead was decent the first few seasons, but it never came close to approaching GOT. I don't see how The Last of Us distinguishes itself from other zombies movies or shows. What will it do differently? There isn't a ton of lore there, or well not compared to GOT at least. I think it could be successful but I don't see it becoming the next huge HBO show.

I've heard good things about Chernobyl but I don't think it had a particularly high viewership. I think I've only read heard about it on forums and such. No one I know in real life watched it.,..or at least liked it enough to talk about it. But I've heard it is a good show so tlou could at least be a good tv show??

The Last of Us is about people first and foremost, not zombies.

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TLOU is being handled by HBO as well as Naughty Dog and if they can make more projects with a good production team such as this, then I'm all for it.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
You had me until your comparison to Game of Thrones. I don't get that at all. Even if the last of us is a really good version of the walking dead....it's still a show about zombies. The Walking Dead was decent the first few seasons, but it never came close to approaching GOT. I don't see how The Last of Us distinguishes itself from other zombies movies or shows. What will it do differently?
Strong characters, a unique take on zombies (multiple types, evolving types, spores, etc), setting (infrastructure and government adapting to post apocalypse life, society coming back, generations that only know that future)

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
This is smart; they should have started this years ago.
They tried to some degree with Ratchet and Clank and it was awful.

At the same time, there was some Sly Cooper media in the works (it's disappeared) and the Uncharted movie was in development hell.

This many projects in the works doesn't mean much of anything and I don't know if it's particularly noteworthy, many film projects never see the light of day.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
When I said "I want Ape Escape to make a return" I didn't think about this possible outcome.

Oct 25, 2017
You could say the same thing about the walking dead. And there were interesting characters there too. Hey, if it's a better version of tld that's cool. But that doesn't mean it'll be the next big show from HBO. I don't see it

TWD was huge once, TLoU is a huge franchise too and a critically acclaimed one to boot. It's gonna be big.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Horizon is 100% among them.

We know that Guerrilla Games is actively bulding a lot of stuff around Horizon and hiring people to overlook the IP.

Sony is banking on this franchise.

Indy_Rex

Banned
Sep 20, 2020
I want an entire trilogy dedicated to Fantavision and we've already thrown around an Adam Conover-hosted Buzz! game show, right? That too.

Order

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
you mean like that sly cooper movie that was announced 5 years ago and went radio silent

none of these things are coming out

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't even Stringer talk about One Sony when he was still at the head of the company?
I'll believe it when I see it, there was so much potential unused.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
"Developing" can mean a lot of things. Small percentage of show actually get a budget and green light for production.

But we should get at least something in the next few years.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Horizon and God of War are coming for damn sure

I would be willing to bet HBO will fork over cash to lock those two down to HBO max