Status
Not open for further replies.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Stop this non sense. Cory has said multiple times he us not going anywhere. He left and came back because no one other than Sony was crazy enough to let him do his thing.

Aeroucn

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
This is like that post "A friend from the UK told me Bruce Straley left for Microsoft" lmao

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Shuhei Yoshida was one of fifteen people to buy a WiiU.

I ain't saying, I'm just saying. Don't be surprised if he jumps ship sometime in the foreseeable future.

Then there was that time he was pictured at a Switch event.

2cgeumx.jpg

I bet he's been secretly been working at Nintendo all these years. That's why Sony have no new games or studios. He's hiding them, possibly in a rucksack, to take over to Nintendo.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Wow Ms having a bit of momentum is getting people shookd.
If you want to ask me what makes no sense, it's turning Cassie into a treasure hunter like some made for TV sequel. I thought it was lame when Mortal Kombat and Gears of War did it and I'd think it'd be lame if Uncharted did it too.

Wholeheartedly agree. Bring on a Sully prequel, Chloe based game or a completely new protagonist.. Doesn't really matter, but don't go the cheap route and go with Cassie and have it be Nathan Drake Jr pretty much.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
In an interview from yesterday Cory stated that God of War has underperformed, due to what he believes to be a lack of marketing push on Sony's part, while also remarking that Microsoft's momentum is undeniable right now and they're certain to be entering the next gen with guns blazing. Take from that what you will.

Underperformed and lacked marketing?

I've always hated "/s" and it always ruins the joke, but sometimes I see stuff like this and I'm reminded why we can't have nice things.

I can only hope English isn't the first language of anyone who thinks he's being real.

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
In an interview from yesterday Cory stated that God of War has underperformed, due to what he believes to be a lack of marketing push on Sony's part, while also remarking that Microsoft's momentum is undeniable right now and they're certain to be entering the next gen with guns blazing. Take from that what you will.

Lys Skygge

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I'd like a new Uncharted franchise starring Nathan and Sam's mother.

The only things we know about her is that she apparently went on big adventures, and died when Nathan and Sam were young. Other than that she's a blank slate that the new studio can pretty much make into anything.

The game can take place in the 60's-70's and can have a classic James Bond/Indiana Jones vibe.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
The only dream game I want from Sony WWS at this point is a AAA, open world/galaxy Star Wars RPG.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Underperformed and lacked marketing?

I've always hated "/s" and it always ruins the joke, but sometimes I see stuff like this and I'm reminded why we can't have nice things.

I can only hope English isn't the first language of anyone who thinks he's being real.

At a glance you could be forgiven for thinking he's being serious. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if this is picked up by detractors, despite knowing his latest release was breaking records left and right.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Guerrilla Games seems to be ramping up to two teams and im fully expecting one of the teams to be developing a new Killzone game. Uncharted is a good bet from the San Diego Studio. I'm just hoping that it's Lost Legacy 2 with Chloe as the lead. I'm honestly sick, tired and have more than enough of Drakes, Elena and Sully. Four games was one too many in my opinion.

We'll see though.

On a side note - I wouldn't be surprised to see a new Supermassive exclusive being a PS5 launch title as there's an article on N4G from some site that interviews someone from Supermassive and he says that they have "several unannounced PS4 exclusives" that they're working on. I wouldn't be surprised if one is Until Dawn 2 and possible PS5 title because that would make more sense than rushing it out on PS4 unless it's somehow 2019. If it's 2020, I would hope that Sony and Supermassive would decide to make it a PS5 launch title instead.

That I can totally see. Until Dawn was an amazing title, so they should be working on a sequel. I'm sure they rather release it on the PS4 though, so I hope Sony compensates them enough.

Regarding Killzone I can see another title, but I sure hope it doesn't come before HZD2, because that's the title most people expect as the first big first party AAA to release.

Finally I really don't see a Lost Legacy 2. Next Uncharted will probably be the one we expect after playing UC4, or a prequel starring the original Drake. I would prefer it too

Edit: Wow at so many people saying Cassie would be dumb or cliche...I mean, they had that ending for a reason. They were preparing the future installments. I think she will be the protagonist, and I'm ok with it. Having said that, I'd prefer a Sir Francis Drake prequel.

Edit2: Thinking about it what I'd really like is that they leave the franchise alone for at least 4-5 years

Last edited:

Morrowbie

Oct 28, 2017
Which Sony FP IPs would make the best background for an RPG?

The Order (my pick)
Resistance (maybe Fallout-like?)
Killzone
Ratchet and Clank
Sly Cooper
Something else...

The world of The Order deserves another story to be told in it. It might work better with dialogue trees, a combat overhaul, lots of time given to secondary characters etc

Evangelista

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Man you've come here spouting nonsense left and right for the past week

I'm gonna put you on ignore and I really hope everyone else does the same thing, for the good of the thread
The only thing I brought last week was my opinion that sony should by a few studios for a better influx of games next gen.

And expanding studios to 400-500 staff for next gen will not let them make 2 AAA open world projects at the same time.

Since we are in a first party studios thread I think you should respect my opinion.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018

The Order (my pick)
Killzone
Ratchet and Clank
Sly Cooper
Something else...

The world of The Order deserves another story to be told in it. It might work better with dialogue trees, a combat overhaul, lots of time given to secondary characters etc
None of those are really fit for an RPG. The problem with the order is that it left off at such a high intensity moment. That story is much better suited for large set pieces and quick gameplay.

RPG Ratchet would be obnoxious. The need to level up and apply stat boosts in order to do damage to enemies would make for a bad Ratchet game.

I would like to see Sony return to Wild Arms or give Freedom Wars a AAA console project. But that's definitely not happening as Japan Studio transitions to more VR games.
The only thing I brought last week was my opinion that sony should by a few studios for a better influx of games next gen.

And expanding studios to 400-500 staff for next gen will not let them make 2 AAA open world projects at the same time.

Since we are in a first party studios thread I think you should respect my opinion.
Where do people get the idea that there are these magical 3,000 top tier developers just waiting to be swooped up by anyone's first party so every single first party studio can have two AAA games in development at all times?

Sora78

Jun 3, 2018
So many members to ignore...
MS talk have nothing to do in this thread.

By the way, Sony's Commercials for this Black Friday made me laugh :p

Morrowbie

Oct 28, 2017
None of those are really fit for an RPG. The problem with the order is that it left off at such a high intensity moment. That story is much better suited for large set pieces and quick gameplay.

RPG Ratchet would be obnoxious. The need to level up and apply stat boosts in order to do damage to enemies would make for a bad Ratchet game.

I would like to see Sony return to Wild Arms or give Freedom Wars a AAA console project. But that's definitely not happening as Japan Studio transitions to more VR games.
Yeah, we're not getting an RPG from Japan Studio alone. Maybe down the line in a new collaboration with From.

See, I can imagine a scenario where The Order works as an action RPG with team building elements and lots of supernatural enemy types.

I can also see Resistance reworked as a survival RPG, with a base to build, scavenging, etc

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017

The Order (my pick)
Killzone
Ratchet and Clank
Sly Cooper
Something else...

It's gotta be Ratchet.

I'm asking/wanting it so much, as might as well outsource it to JRPG developers (SE, Bamco, etc).

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia

We respect your opinion and consider it bullshit, out of reality and stupid. Thank you for your contribution to this thread... we respect your opinion.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Yeah, we're not getting an RPG from Japan Studio alone. Maybe down the line in a new collaboration with From.

See, I can imagine a scenario where The Order works as an action RPG with team building elements and lots of supernatural enemy types.

I can also see Resistance reworked as a survival RPG, with a base to build, scavenging, etc
Who's the team though? Galahad is basically by himself.

I just don't see many of Sony's action games repurposed into RPGs. Maybe it's me though.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Lmao how do you know that? Do you know how studios work? Do you know the projects they have going on?

You don't so please stop.

Morrowbie

Oct 28, 2017

I just don't see many of Sony's action games repurposed into RPGs. Maybe it's me though.
Galahad needs to recruit a team, he can't really go it alone, he is used to having back up... With the alt-history angle they could be historical figures (see Assassin's Creed Syndicate) he meets along the way.

It's gotta be Ratchet.

I'm asking/wanting it so much, as might as well outsource it to JRPG developers (SE, Bamco, etc).
I can see this working as well. It can't only be Mario who is allowed to swap genres!

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

Action rpg nowadays is basically just action game with some stat. I barely pay attention to my level and stat in Mass Effect 3(last one I play) or Witcher 3

Ratchet RPG would totally work imo. They can keep the action platforming gameplay. Go all out with weapon customization as your main differentiator between character build. Or maybe make multiple playable character with your space crew, each having different playstyle and traversal ability etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.