Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
To all the insiders:
tenor.gif

Brucey

Jan 2, 2018
Everyone, I've realized something. You guys, don't you see? It's not about Sony announcing anything. We've been sitting here coming up with theories, posting memes, funny reaction gifs and for what? Some PR announcement from a gigantic corporation? No. The "fun" has been the friends we've made along the way. These treasured memories will last a life time. Zhuge brought us together on this day. To remind us of what REALLY matters. Us, our friendship. Thank you Zhuge. Thank you so very much.
When the FUCK is something going to happen?!!?

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Everyone, I've realized something. You guys, don't you see? It's not about Sony announcing anything. We've been sitting here coming up with theories, posting memes, funny reaction gifs and for what? Some PR announcement from a gigantic corporation? No. The "fun" has been the friends we've made along the way. These treasured memories will last a life time. Zhuge brought us together on this day. To remind us of what REALLY matters. Us, our friendship. Thank you Zhuge. Thank you so very much.
giphy.gif

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
Guys, it's time to began early believers of #Team2021. Team 2018 loose earlier this year, team 2019 today, team 2020 will be next to loose. It's still time to choose the right side.

PSX never made sense in December. You basically have the last 7 months stacked conferences. Feb-March for PSX, and you spread your information throughout the entire year and are always in the news.
December is the perfect timing, a lot more than October (PGW). It's six month after E3 and six month before the next E3.

E3 is perfect for games coming during the last months of the year and PSX is perfect for games coming early next year.

BGA

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, I expected the news to come out by now. I hope at least a small hint regarding today :(

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna

Yeah, it's all meant as a big birthday party here.

But no one congratulates :/

Oct 27, 2017

Thanks for ruining all my fun...I feel a little depressed now.
This sounds like an episode of Star Trek Next Gen., ending on a scene where the crew plays some Poker.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017

Lol

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Guys, it's time to began early believers of #Team2021. Team 2018 loose earlier this year, team 2019 today, team 2020 will be next to loose. It's still time to choose the right side.

December is the perfect timing, a lot more than October (PGW). It's six month after E3 and six month before the next E3.

E3 is perfect for games coming during the last months of the year and PSX is perfect for games coming early next year.
But they can get heat with VGA, PGW, and TGS on top of E3. Making PSX Fe-Ma means you have news coming out every 2-3 months throughout the entire year.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
PS5 is not coming out in 2019. TLOU P2 will be the last hurrah for PS4 but backward compatibility will make it work with enhancements like full native 4K and AF/AO etc on PS5, so it will be essentially a remaster. But it will be out before the PS5. I expect PS5 in 2020 at the earliest.

Why do BC when they can sell a remaster like TLoU Remastered, which ended up selling a couple of million copies .. maybe more than the original PS3 version.

-PyramidSong

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina

Jul 26, 2018
Why do BC when they can sell a remaster like TLoU Remastered, which ended up selling a couple of million copies .. maybe more than the original PS3 version.
Because they don't want to burn their market leader position and see Microsoft swoop in for the crown next gen. Sony is riding high right now, but a new gen is a reset button, Ps2 to Ps3 and 360 to One is more than proof of this.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Why are you guys so obsessed with studio acquisitions?
because of xbox lol. you know that's why

This thread has gone full stupid. Why the fuck would they announce that they are skipping E3 full 7 months before the event and on the day of fifth anniversary. Whatever news that was hinted at is not this. Calm the fuck down.

...and no, it doesn't make sense for them to skip E3 altogether.
this place has been delirious since about e3

The thing is all of their PS4 games are already announced
not so fast partner

I can't confirm the E3 rumor, but if it's true, that's yet another massive sign that the PS5 is NOT coming next year (on top of all of the game developers who keep telling me that the PS5 is not coming next year and the widespread industry belief that the PS5 is not coming next year).
#Team2019 if you just come forward now and turn in your membership cards we will forgive your foolishness

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017

Because there is democratization of digital purchases since PS4/One and their direct concurrent offers BC in this generation and will do the same next-gen.
If they want to keep their user base to jump into PS5, they will add BC (at least PS4 games) on PS5

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
But they can get heat with VGA, PGW, and TGS on top of E3. Making PSX Fe-Ma means you have news coming out every 2-3 months throughout the entire year.
I think four conferences is too much. So if they need to choose, the perfect timing would be December, April and August. But they can't change the timing of E3 and TGS.

If you don't do a conference in December, when do you show games coming early next year ?

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I think if Sony really is skipping E3, it goes one of two ways.

If it's indefinitely then good on them. It means they're doing things their way. Maybe they no longer want it out their devs through the stress that comes with E3 and the constant need to show "new" "new" "new".

If they're only skipping 2019 then it's because they have nothing new to show for the short term.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because BC doesn't cost the user another $40, leverages the increased power of the hardware and creates good Will with the user base. See every Xbox One owner.

Seriously some folks are too invested in seeing Sony make money instead of offering reasonably expected features

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
I don't see how Sony skipping E3 would mean PS5 in 2019. Wouldn't that be more of a reason for them to be at E3 next year, to hype their system?

Not if they are following in Nintendo's footsteps that has had somewhat success in doing separate events that cater to their products without needing to be timed constrained. Imagine they do some kind of reveal next year close to spring talk about all the games coming out. Then talk about the future and make a date for another Playstation event, and it's for PS5.

It would literally take the wind out of anyone's sails for E3. Just like Nintendo kind of did in 2017.

Oct 27, 2017
because of xbox lol. you know that's why

this place has been delirious since about e3

not so fast partner

#Team2019 if you just come forward now and turn in your membership cards we will forgive your foolishness

Not so fast brotha, I'm still considering the insertion of crows into an alternative body opening for those willing to surrender right now.
God forgive me for what I've planed for those waiting too long...

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK

One of the benefits of backwards compatibility is that they can keep running promotions on the enormous software catalogue they've built on the PS4 right through the next generation. That'll be worth more to them in the long run than some remasters.

Imagine if all of the PS3's games played on the PS4. They could have sold so much more PS3 software through the PlayStation Store over the past five years.

Status
Not open for further replies.