• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will the game show in August after being a bust in June?

• Yes

Votes: 653 36.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,147 63.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Only thing I could think of, beyond someone being purposefully obtuse.
Reminding me of a few weeks ago "WHAT? MEDIUM IS WHAT PEOPLE ASSUMED WAS A NEW SH?!"

Goddamn I just want this thing revealed so the madness can stop (and make way for fresh madness 😉).

Well, you say this, but let's not forget that it wasn't long ago that there were many people, many who were supposedly credible, saying there was going to be a Starfox Racing game by Retro Studios that ended up being a DLC for the Switch version of Starlink.

Not saying that's the case here, but uh, it's not too strange ;)

Respawn

Dec 5, 2017
Let's get this thread back on track

d63195d89ff68b34df4bf54d95a35b34.jpg

Beautiful
I'm more concerned about the leg of that person holding the child.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
If it had some type of single player mode, I would probably get it just to try out all the horror icons and this, but I don't like the whole 4v1 thing, and I also have terrible internet.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Man, I can't even get a damn game on this thing.

In other news, people are starting to hope now it seems.

(I'll chill with the Twitter links now)

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
777-CD93-D-237-A-498-A-B649-BC3097-BF2848.jpg

Just popping in here to say how cool this development is. But the talk about the logo subsided pretty quickly a handful of pages back. Do we think this is the official logo for the PS5 game? Maybe Konami supplied it to the DBD team to use? I have a hard time believing they had crafted an entirely new logo for the franchise specifically for this announcement.

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I guess I overreacted, I hope. Ito did once tweet RIP Pyramid Head, so I hope that statement refers to the reboot.

Also, that Silent Hill logo is infinitely better than that stinking Downpour logo.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Killed people super hard in DBD.

The map is really cool. Recognised the clock tower, piano room, infirmary save room, etc.

Laranja

Oct 31, 2017
London

Just popping in here to say how cool this development is. But the talk about the logo subsided pretty quickly a handful of pages back. Do we think this is the official logo for the PS5 game? Maybe Konami supplied it to the DBD team to use? I have a hard time believing they had crafted an entirely new logo for the franchise specifically for this announcement.

Yeah, that's definitely a new logo. While it's not impossible that the DBD team could have designed it, my bet is on it being the official logo for the new game.

And yeah, it looks so much better than the edgy designs for the last few entries...

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
that Heather model does a lot of injustice to the original character design. Way too clean and slick with zero of the red blemishes and freckles that were so iconic and unsurpassed in terms of believable character design.

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, that's definitely a new logo. While it's not impossible that the DBD team could have designed it, my bet is on it being the official logo for the new game.

And yeah, it looks so much better than the edgy designs for the last few entries...

Tell me about it. Sans-serif designs are perfect for horror media like Silent Hill.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
I'd rather have them resurrect the old games and put them on PC and current gen consoles

but i guess getting free licensing money from by a polish developer who's making shitty fan fiction is easier

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Through this fog, they came along,
Dark creatures singing a terrible song,
The rest of the bar laughed at him,
Only I felt my hope grow dim,
They found him dead, the very next day,
No more stories from him, I heard them say,
We blamed bad luck for his fate,
Only I felt terror so great

Oct 27, 2017
Not very thrilled about DBD and the SH thing since I don't play or care for multiplayer games myself, but some SH is still better than no SH.

But Heather meeting PH? Nope. Wrong.

ROBYER1

Apr 22, 2020

It's the closest the logo has been to the original Silent Hill 2 logo as well. In fact at a glimpse I thought it was the same logo!
sh2.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, it's like Super Smash Horror Bros. No biggie.

The net positive is that at least Konami haven't forgotten they even own SH :p

On the other hand, Heather going through Midwich? Yes. Silent Hill 3 should have done that.

Now this I can agree with! That would have been nice.

And Jesus, Konami. Re-release the old games on erry platform. I have that awful HD collection, but recently spent like $90 on the PC version of SH2 just to have it in my SH collection. You'd make bank on re-releasing the SH series.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Usually I love discussing the logistics of Silent Hill but this debate is dumb. Dead by Daylight is a celebration of horror and what's more of a celebration of Silent Hill than bringing back the school, Pyramid Head and motherfucking Heather Mason? The devs nailed those choices to me.

Two generations into the future.

Screenshot-13.jpg
I know SH3's character models were made with space magic but it is kind of crazy how she looks worse than she was in a PS2 game. They still did a good job though and made her look tired as fuck which I appreciate.

Status
Not open for further replies.