• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
A few of the things worth noting from the IR documents.

PS5 expected to break even next month:

image0.png

God of War: Ragnarok missing from the PS4 big launches to come list:
unknown.png

Returnal considered a successful new IP:
image0.png

Sony is aiming for 50% market share, up from 45% (slide 6, based on revenue):
Screenshot_2021-05-27_at_00.15.41.png

Source:

Last edited:

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's worth noting that Bloodborne is up there among the "IP Powerhouse" series

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
The Disk edition breaks even soon. The Diskless version still has a way more to go since that disk drive probably only adds what $20 to the manufacturing cost?

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Seems sky is the limit for the brand at this point. The gen just begun and according to the report and all their metrics the gen so far have been a huge success for them.

PandemicOdin

Oct 31, 2020
Couple things that are really interesting. Since they have Returnal's Metacritic, this is a new document and they are still talking about it to someone like GoW is this year, which is bizarre and like OP said there is no mention of GoW on PS4. I would be so down for a GoW PS5 only game in like March of next year (No shot it comes this year but they seem bullish)

Oct 30, 2017
They have been killing it with these IPs mentioning in the draft, can't wait to see what they are planning for us next on PS5.

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't God of War not listed because it's not this year?

Also "IP Powerhouse" refers to Playstation overall, it doesn't mean they think each individual IP shown is a powerhouse on its own.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
The Disk edition breaks even soon. The Diskless version still has a way more to go since that disk drive probably only adds what $20 to the manufacturing cost?
There's also a shitload less of them too from everything we've seen and it kinda needs a big install base locked in to start really making it's money.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
Nice to see Returnal and Bloodborne being part of PlayStation's future.

Where is Gran Turismo though?

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean so is Days Gone, lol.

I don't think there's any doubting Days Gone was successful from a commercial perspective. I think the sequel not being greenlit probably has as much if not more to do with its critical reception, lack of potential growth (from Sony's perspective) and convergence with The Last of Us franchise.

Serenitynow

Oct 25, 2017
Can PS5 realistically have more marketshare than PS4? Microsoft has a much more compelling offering this time around.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Tinfoil hat time.

Almost all of those IP powerhouse titles received some sort of upgrade for PS5. Therefore... Bloodborne PS5 upgrade any day now!