• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That's cool. :)
It's a little disappointing though that they ditched Gamescom earlier. They were always there before the pandemic. I figured them missing was a general policy of Sony because of the pandemic, but apparently it's not that.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This the first time Sony's been back at a Show since covid?

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
It has to be because of God Of War releasing soon after the show. I know Brazil loves it some God Of War... or at least back in the days.

Probably a combination of things. Covid isn't as much of an issue and others are starting to do live events and whatnot. God of War is a factor. PSVR2 is a factor. Sony was OK with a live Evo recently, so that probably also was a sign that they were inching their way back to live events.

I really wouldn't be surprised if we get either a live showcase or a live PSX next year if things continue as they are.