• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

View: https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxkE41NHKxeFbCaF-L4HbX_-IS3vH4vmyj
So, what's next? We're working with Polyphony to try to bring this to the game in a much larger, permanent sense so that GT Sophy is available to cover a lot of tracks with a lot of cars and available for a much wider range of playing skills.
After the test earlier in the year it was up in the air if they were going to implement this properly across Gran Turismo 7 or save it for the next entry but they're now trying to get it implemented into Gran Turismo 7 in a much more broad and permanent fashion.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
oh hell yeah. That small trial was AWESOME. It felt like the future of racing games.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.webp

oh hell yeah. That small trial was AWESOME. It felt like the future of racing games.
Indeed. And I cannot wait.

OP
OP
LightKiosk

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sophy kicked my ass during the trial lol. The presenter talked about the 1v1 challenge they ran and that people primarily won if they overtook Sophy at the 1st turn of the track at the start and defended the entire time afterwards. Trying to overtake Sophy if you didn't get it at the 1st turn was extremely difficult.

lilty

Oct 25, 2017
New Brunswick
The trial earlier this year was so good. Most fun I've had playing GT7 outside of online racing. Really hope they can implement it in the entire campaign for the next game. Would be a true generational leap.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sophy kicked my ass during the trial lol. The presenter talked about the 1v1 challenge they ran and that people primarily won if they overtook Sophy at the 1st turn of the track at the start and defended the entire time afterwards. Trying to overtake Sophy if you didn't get it at the 1st turn was extremely difficult.
oh for sure, I think I only beat the beginner one haha

RGB

Nov 13, 2017
I hope they're able to scale these models realistically when it comes to adapting for variable player skill. It would be amazing if they degraded realistically, slightly too early to brake, not the best line for speed out of corners, rather than something like a top speed cap or what have you. Also love to see obviously different agression levels from different opponents. Let players feel safe with some AI and fearfull of others.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Loved doing the Sophy trials back in March. I was only able to defeat it with the 2nd level but it was so much fun. It made the races feel very different and so much more engaging as someone who plays GT7 exclusively for racing the AI.