• YES

Votes: 1,720 77.0%
  • NO

Votes: 514 23.0%

• Total voters

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
What say you era?

Resetera being a gaming forum, I expect many will say the XSX will outsell the XSS... but for the more casual crowd the XSS is a really good option.
Hell, maybe Microsoft themselves expect to sell more XSS units?

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
No shit it will. General consumers are price conscious and will go for the cheaper console.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When has a more expensive console SKU ever outsold the cheaper one?

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
I think it will be close but Series X will sell more. Has the cheaper version ever outsold the primary console? Xbox 360 and PS3 had cheaper models that didn't sell nearly as much as the primary models.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Only way I see it not is if MS don't want it to and limit it's supply or mid gen consoles cut it short with a better priced machine, but I don't really think it'd happen, but I wouldn't be super shocked if it's got less overall supply. The better price vs performance usually wins, especially when it's a crazy good price to performance.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I think it will be close but Series X will sell more. Has the cheaper version ever outsold the primary console? Xbox 360 and PS3 had cheaper models that didn't sell nearly as much as the primary models.

Xbox One S…? PS4 non-Pro…?

"the primary console" is loaded language. It's not like Microsoft is calling the Series X the "Xbox 4" and the Series S the "Xbox 4 Lite"

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, very low chance. The main reason is that PS5 only has one spec and that's comparable to Series X, also retail is not going to push Series S and we will see 2:1 shipment to retail in favor of X.

OP
OP
Niks

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the XSS is indeed the lead hardware, what it will mean for multiplatform games.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
100% Especially if I'm a parent buying my kid the next system? They are getting the cheaper one that is just as good and we don't have a 4K anyways so how about you shut the fuck up and enjoy your christmas present you little ass.

Even myself.. I'm going for the S cause the price, ready for digital honestly aaaaaaaaaaaaand don't have a 4K don't care to get one.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
series s is different than the ps4 outselling the pro. the ps4 was the flagship console when it released. the series x is gonna be the flagship and the series s the lesser console. most kids will be asking for the series x and not the s.

Oct 27, 2017
It depends. Probably. But the consumer it should most appeal to also values used games. Especially low income families. I know everyone cites how downloads are like 50%+ of sales but that doesn't include used games. Not just GameStop. Pawn shops, thrift stores, between friends and family sharing games, flea markets, OfferUp, Facebook, Craigslist; etc.

I'm almost never right in my predictions so it will probably be a better seller idk.

I think XSS for sure will prove whether an all digital console can make it since it will be a focal point day 1. What happens if it sells like 20-30% of what the overall platform sells?

Bigjig

Jun 4, 2018
I honestly have my doubts. For next gen, Series X and PS5 are the baseline, with Series S essentially occupying a weird in-between gen space. The Series S might perform well in the first 1-2 years when the majority of games are cross gen with PS4/XBONE anyway, but when games shift fully next gen 2-3 years from now the Series S is going to seem ancient. Especially if the PS5 and Series X get price drops and/or Pro versions, and the rumored Switch Pro becomes a reality, sales of the Series S are going to drop like a rock.

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017

"the primary console" is loaded language. It's not like Microsoft is calling the Series X the "Xbox 4" and the Series S the "Xbox 4 Lite"
That's how they have been marketing it though. Up until this week, there were no significant details about xbs. It was all about the xbx.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
That's how they have been marketing it though. Up until this week, there were no significant details about xbs. It was all about the xbx.

that's because the series x is the enthusiast core gamer offering.

the series s side of the market doesn't follow the news/hype cycle regarding game consoles that are months away.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
It's clear by the poll I'm in the minority but I think the Series X will sell more..at least in the first 2-3 years of the gen. The X is also a great value even at $500 and I think MS will market it as the 'main' console.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017

microsoft wouldn't have gone all in on hardware with the series x if they weren't planning on using it as their main weapon to fight the ps5. the series s is there to help steal sales away from the ps5 but it isn't the main weapon.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
I don't think so, MS has since the start been advertising on power and I don't think they'll change moving forward.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
PS5s > XSS > XSX
Thats my theory. I have no idea how the individual PS5 options will do though so I'm just lumping them together because they're near enough the same anyway.

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
It really should but at the same time I'm not sure MS will do enough of a good job to tell people exactly what the S is. Looks wise it's similar to the One S so we really could have a WiiU situation all over again.