The Archon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Do tell how Geralt was easy without any leaks.
He's one of the quickest rising stars in gaming since SCV came out, fits nearly perfectly into the SC universe aesthetically and combat-wise, and Bamco has licensing connections to the owner of the character's gaming rights, which happens to be the company with the best goodwill in the industry, bar none.

I've been calling Geralt as the guest for the next SC since TW3 launched, not only because I REALLY wanted him, but there weren't many barriers to him getting in.

Edit: Not to mention Okubo stating in an interview that the guest was explicitly targeting western tastes.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
What about Yoshimitsu - the dude has been a staple of the franchise and it would suprise me if he's not in

Flame Flamey

Feb 8, 2018
Can you all believe it took this long to get a moveset for the most vanilla European fantasy weapon, the Western longsword, unless you count Mitsu and Yoshi's weapon variations? And they gave it us as a guest character. I was hoping for more halfswording and Mordhau though. I'll be optimistic and keep hoping for another longsword character to scratch that itch for me.

Acti

Mar 1, 2018
For those of you who don't like Gerald of Revia, remember, at least we got real swords.
Looking at you Yoda/Vader.

Pix

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like this is the box art for Soulcalibur VI
DYXJTBCVwAAEawY.jpg:large

https://www.bandainamcoent.com/games/soulcalibur-vi#editions

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I have a question - what do you think Yoshimitsu will look like in terms of design? (basically what game will his design be from)

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Indeed. File name says it's the game box too. Wouldn't this also sort of confirm Geralt as the sole major guest character in the game?

Geralt is a big deal. But I don't think he's a big enough deal to take half the box art by himself.
Even SC4 and SCV didn't do that and those are bigger franchises.
lbohj.jpg
SoulcaliburV.png

Also find it odd you'd reveal him before E3 if he's the only guest. If gamestop/amazon/bestbuy update to this though. Then i'll agree that it won't change. Since a big retailer only ever does the TBA and then the final. They don't update multiple times.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
For those of you who don't like Gerald of Revia, remember, at least we got real swords.
Looking at you Yoda/Vader.

Force stuff aside, Vader's moveset was pretty dope. Replace the lightsaber with a longsword and you've got a perfectly respectable SC character. Same with The Apprentice. I'm bummed they didn't salvage anything from those movesets the way they did with Kratos.

Oct 25, 2017
So is there a high chance for more guests? While Gerald fits the game weapon wise I don't find him aesthetically interesting in any way.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Frreal though, despite never playing any of the games, Ezio was a good guest character and Geralt honestly is as well. They fit really well. That said:

Taki
Voldo
Cervantes
Yoshimitsu

All guaranteed. My next guesses:
New character
Rock or Astaroth
Hwang
Li Long or Maxi
Lizardman

Force stuff aside, Vader's moveset was pretty dope. Replace the lightsaber with a longsword and you've got a perfectly respectable SC character. Same with The Apprentice. I'm bummed they didn't salvage anything from those movesets the way they did with Kratos.
I never played the PSP one, but what did they take from Kratos?

Last edited:

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
I have a question - what do you think Yoshimitsu will look like in terms of design? (basically what game will his design be from)

I'm guessing it will be an off shoot of his SC2 outfit mixed with his SC5 outfit, but I'd love to see some of his Tekken designs brought over. Something like these:
latest
latest

I'm thinking that this will be the box art. But they'll add more to it as time goes on.
The geralt trailer seemed to tease more guests.

How do you think it teased more guests? Not saying you're wrong, just curious.

So is there a high chance for more guests? While Gerald fits the game weapon wise I don't find him aesthetically interesting in any way.

You've got to imagine there's something coming at E3 related to guest characters. Why show off your trump card now when you still have at least 10+ returning characters and probably at least one more new character to reveal?

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'm guessing it will be an off shoot of his SC2 outfit mixed with his SC5 outfit, but I'd love to see some of his Tekken designs brought over. Something like these:
latest
latest

How do you think it teased more guests? Not saying you're wrong, just curious.

You've got to imagine there's something coming at E3 related to guest characters. Why show off your trump card now when you still have at least 10+ returning characters and probably at least one more new character to reveal?

The trailer said Variants and Geralt is just one person. Unless there ends up being a story reason of other characters from portals who aren't third party.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
God, there's so many characters I'd want to see. Really shows how well the franchise has done as far as creating memorable characters not only because of their personalities and aesthetics, but also because of the varied move sets and styles.

Raphael
Seong Mi-na
Setsuka
Talim
Cassandra
Tira
Hilde
Algol

All of whom are extremely deserving of making it in, and I doubt they will in the initial. Hopefully DLC.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
The trailer said Variants and Geralt is just one person. Unless there ends up being a story reason of other characters from portals who aren't third party.

Good call. Although I could see them using the portal thing to bring in SC5 characters as well. Characters that would be too young or just not involved in the current timeline of the game.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Good call. Although I could see them using the portal thing to bring in SC5 characters as well. Characters that would be too young or just not involved in the current timeline of the game.
Like Talim? Eeeeeaaaasy.

Although they need to give her better tools to deal with keep out. I don't remember how she was in 3 and 4, but goddamn was it hard to get in with her in 2. Oh, they're playing as Seong Mi-na? Have fun never touching them.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm thinking that this will be the box art. But they'll add more to it as time goes on.
The geralt trailer seemed to tease more guests.
It says that "variants" appeared from the fissures. I wonder if that might actually be alternate versions of the cast rather than more guests.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
So is the 39 character roster looking more likely?

The only place I saw the Geralt rumor was included in the 39 character bit as well, but I know others have said Geralt was floating around before that. I'm hoping we get 39 characters as that would mean everyone is in, but even with 39 it's likely some of those are DLC.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Like Talim? Eeeeeaaaasy.

Although they need to give her better tools to deal with keep out. I don't remember how she was in 3 and 4, but goddamn was it hard to get in with her in 2. Oh, they're playing as Seong Mi-na? Have fun never touching them.

Get in with her in 2? Just 33A all day, heh.

I'm apparently the only one who wants to see Amy back, so unfortunately I don't see it happening. That's the one moveset I'm probably going to really miss.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I'd love a Souls rep, or 2B/A2. Feel like Nier's success coming only a year ago though makes it hard to include her... but man if they worked hard enough it would sell me on a copy!

-for the record I was already 100% sold after trying the test build at EVO Japan game was entirely more fun than I thought it would be-

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If there are any other guests, I'd prefer them as DLC instead of base roster. Base Roster should be for returning chars and new chars.
It's not that I have anything against 2B or Geralt (just keep stupid-ass One Piece out of SC6 please), I just want my favorites to come back.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Being a Mina main since Soul Blade is fucking hard. My girl never gets any love.

Jan 11, 2018
Right...

Listen. I'm not saying there aren't people who want her in the game because she's a great character in general. Someone posted fan art blatantly focusing on her ass saying "please have her in the game". People are posting similar fan art in response to the official announcements on social media. But I'm trolling because I'm questioning why these people want her in the game? Give me a break.