Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
It would seems Namco built in a contingency plan to milk the shit out of the core audience if the game doesn't perform well.

Im really torn. I want to support SoulCalibur and help keep the franchise alive, and I've been dreaming of SC6 for years, but I can't throw $60 around lightly and there's quite a few games I want more at the moment.

If you are on PC the game can be had for 40-45$ but still I would argue, the other games you want now don't run away while Soul Calibur is on the brink of fading away entirely so there's that to consider.

nomemorial

Oct 27, 2017
I'm fully hyped for this after reading reviews and the "reboot" angle. SC was my first favorite fighting game and I spent hours on the DC version. SC2 took its place and it was one of the first games I went to the local arcade to play with other people (not to mention conquest mode). SC3 and 4 got a few hours out of me, too, but I skipped 5 completely. I don't need to buy another game, but I think it's worth it to see a favorite series not get potentially axed due to poor performance, so I'll happily vote with my wallet.

Does it seem like most of the community here is on PC or PS4? I'm torn.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Got my key!

My first SoulCalibur game I'm pretty excited. Now the challenge of picking a character; who are the fastest characters in the game?

Also I wonder how many newcomers there are... , Bandai did do this game any favors.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
unknown.png

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like subscribing to the belief that we should be grateful or lucky for whatever we got. Namco is a corporation, not my friend. And while I love SoulCalibur, I'm not going to be thankful or lucky for whatever they give us without taking into account what they actually are giving us.

There's only 100 items in the season pass AFAIK. Regardless, there is no telling it will be all the old items or not. And even if they are old items, it might still not be all the old items. And on top of that, they really shouldn't be charging extra money for literal exact assets from a near 7 year old game.

So much this + buying day 1 to "support". Sorry, but sod that noise. I admit, I was like that once. But these guys aren't my friends, and reality is my life (my wallet) comes first, as should anyone else's. This whole thing is way too common within the gaming circle than anything else it's not even funny. Save yourselves first homies. SC won't be a dead franchise. It might stay dormant but I guarantee you it won't be dead for more than another few years if SCVI truly tanks. There is more to killing a franchise than just tanked sales. History has a knack for repeating itself anyway, so expect and accept those peaks and troughs. Don't be a sucker just because, because all you're getting/supporting/encouraging is a poorer executed product - this isn't aimed at SCVI directly but everything in life. But like I said, I feel gamers are more notorious for the "support" via payment than other media, it's really strange.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
there was only 2 and one of them couldn't be used with a top that would suit her, and the other wasn't anything like her original costume. the best thing i found was this main costume.

Eugh I hate the arbitrary collission limitations. I hope that PC mod folks can find a way to turn that shit off, even if only on client side.

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
Not anything to really note but Vergeben says the dlc guest is going to be a huge deal. He said not to take his words literally though but maybe that kinda fits 2B from NieR Automata, imo.
Why would we take his words literally?
Any update on Groh's father and Maxi's gay lover? Heh.

Oct 25, 2017
I just received my key from Voidu, preloading as I write.
I got it immediately after buying yesterday :)
(i hope you got yours as well now by the way)
Woke up to find the code and already pre-loaded, thanks for checking for me guys. Slogging through a bunch of classes until 7 while waiting for the game will not be very fun.
No lies detected.

StrictFilter

Jan 8, 2018
there was only 2 and one of them couldn't be used with a top that would suit her, and the other wasn't anything like her original costume. the best thing i found was this main costume.

You could try using patterns to give the shirt and skirt some texture. Might make it a bit more convincing. Right now it's a bit to flat - breaking up all those solid black textures would make it more interesting

Last edited:

Rafako

Dec 19, 2017
Got my key!

My first SoulCalibur game I'm pretty excited. Now the challenge of picking a character; who are the fastest characters in the game?

Also I wonder how many newcomers there are... , Bandai did do this game any favors.
"Fastest" I dunno, but Talim, Maxi and Taki for example would enter in that fast combinations and blows category, also all of them are pretty good for "mashing" buttons at close and get a lot of move strings.
But I would recommend you going to the training mode and take a look at the characters movelist before anything and practice every move range and speed, normally these fast characters have short range weapons and get out zoned if you don't know their ranges.
Newcomers are Groh, Azwel and Geralt.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Got my key!

3 newcomers. Groh and Azwel, with Geralt being the guest.

Also if it's speed you want, take a look at Talim, Maxi and Taki. Sophitia isn't necessarily the fastest but she can close the gap like no one's business.

EDIT: beaten by a Geralt main.

Pixel_Stream

Oct 28, 2017
My copy arrived today, checked put Arcade, soul chronicles, and Training with kilik, very good impressions so far., really like it.

Deleted member 14735

Oct 27, 2017
IndieGala keys have gone out! Pre-loading and ready for tonight :)

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Any impressions on the online yet? Not sure whether to go for PS4 or PC.

Also I've asked this before, but is there any way to see your playtime in-game?

lyte edge

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Double-dipped on this and got it on PS4 and PC. Amazon copy already shipped out; pre-loaded on PC and hoping that it really will unlock tonight!

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
"Fastest" I dunno, but Talim, Maxi and Taki for example would enter in that fast combinations and blows category, also all of them are pretty good for "mashing" buttons at close and get a lot of move strings.
But I would recommend you going to the training mode and take a look at the characters movelist before anything and practice every move range and speed, normally these fast characters have short range weapons and get out zoned if you don't know their ranges.
Newcomers are Groh, Azwel and Geralt.

Most of this is true but lets not encourage mashing, you can do it but it won't help vs anyone semi good who knows how to block and punish or evade in any fashion.

All 3 of them can be punished easy especially if you aren't well vs in what their stances do. Maxi is the worst of those 3 on block or evaded.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Most of this is true but lets not encourage mashing, you can do it but it won't help vs anyone semi good who knows how to block and punish or evade in any fashion.

All 3 of them can be punished easy especially if you aren't well vs in what their stances do. Maxi is the worst of those 3 on block or evaded.
You could beat average players with button mashing. If you learn how to block while button mashing you'd do OK.

And I wouldn't suggest maxi to a button masher.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
Currently deciding between the standard and deluxe edition.. how many of you went ahead and got the season pass?

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Currently deciding between the standard and deluxe edition.. how many of you went ahead and got the season pass?

Debating myself, I'd likely want all the Pass content, but the T7 pass was a huge letdown for me so I think I'll hold out and see. Tira is no big loss in the meanwhile either if I went standard.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
Got the deluxe on PC, with the discounts it came at the same price as the list price of the standard game, a no brainer for me :)

I got the deluxe edition cos the discount I got on the key meant the season pass was basically free Vs base game cost on Steam directly.

Because of regional pricing, I got a damn good deal on Steam so I sprung for the full deluxe edition.
Ooh! What discounts??

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting to see where the playerbase is going to go before i decide PS4 or PC, as well as waiting for impressions on the PC netcode.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
You could beat average players with button mashing. If you learn how to block while button mashing you'd do OK.

True but I'm not interested in a new comer being average at the title, that's not saying much. I said semi good and last time I checked in my competitive experience average and being semi good aren't the same thing.

And I wouldn't suggest maxi to a button masher.

At least we agree on this. Maxi mashing is a fucking no.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
True but I'm not interested in a new comer being average at the title, that's not saying much. I said semi good and last time I checked in my competitive experience average and being semi good aren't the same thing.

At least we agree on this. Maxi mashing is a fucking no.

If they wanna have fun button mashing, then let them have fun button mashing, being average tier isn't the end of the world and you can still have fun. Hell, button mashing is how I started to learn what moves are and got me to decide to try out training mode to actually figure out what each button does.

Either way, best character to get away with button mashing with is Killik.