• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
Seems like a thousand times stronger than the shitty SC4 version. Finally has a proper toolset, and stuff that Kilik mains can be envious of. Apparently really strong in soul charge.

Can't wait to lab it up with her and make some folks salty by keeping them out.

gives me hope she will be sc1 solid again especially with a good soul charge.

Str0ngStyle

Oct 28, 2017
Main wise, I alternate between Ivy and Astaroth. Still stuck on preordering. I know I'm gonna get it but I am torn between physical (GCU) and digital (play right at midnight)

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
Main wise, I alternate between Ivy and Astaroth. Still stuck on preordering. I know I'm gonna get it but I am torn between physical (GCU) and digital (play right at midnight)

I always go digital with fighting games. It's nice to be able to launch it whenever and it is a genre I never trade in, and also tend to play in spurts.

Oct 25, 2017
Launch trailer is the first to give the concrete 21 character number.

I guess Inferno is confirmed to be the only unlockable.

Edit: idk what's lazier, the fact that they couldn't at least recapture the still images and menus in English, or the fact that Raph and Cerv are still censored in the CaS menu.

oneida

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
physical now (GCU), digital later once the digital price drops. trade in the physical version for xbox cash, usually just about breaks even depending on how good the sale is. how i did tekken, how i'll do SCVI

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Getting this on Friday for PS4!

Are there still unlockable weapons like the previous games? I loved getting/buying new weapons in Weapon Master mode in SCII.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a thousand times stronger than the shitty SC4 version. Finally has a proper toolset, and stuff that Kilik mains can be envious of. Apparently really strong in soul charge.

Can't wait to lab it up with her and make some folks salty by keeping them out.

Oh alright now I'm even more hyped, very happy to hear that! :D Hopefully the game unlocks at midnight (Steam) so I can play a few matches before sleeping. I played the series since Soul Blade but it was only around the time of SCVI that I started to play fighting-games somewhat properly and I always felt I had a hard time with Mina compared to other characters, seems I wasn't imagining things.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna cop this at Target's B2G1F sale that probably happens either the end of October or early November. Hope this game is great. Haven't played a SC since IV.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea who I'm going to maim this time around. I want to put some time into learning Zas but knowing me I'll just fall back to Kilik always.

Has Bean

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for this! I was on the fence, but the beta sold me. First SC since 3 for me.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone, we've made a Discord server for SoulCalibur VI so if anyone wants to join and discuss the game on Discord you can! Here's an invite:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready day one. Anyone know review embargo is? I wanna hear about that create a character mode.

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
Wooo, I might be able to get it this month. So wanted to ask how many characters can I create? Me and friends want to play the roster characters but also create our own and fight against each other.

NoctisLC

Jun 5, 2018
Any good preorder/cdkey deals still out there? Voidu looked good but sadly region locked outside US.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hyped... but still super disappointed in the roster and, especially, the stage count. I'm still in disbelief that there's only 11. SCV had 27!

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Nice OT, but why are OTs recently created so much earlier than actual game release?

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Beta was decent but GI and that mini game move were kind of dunno. Might trade in BO4 for this, can't really get into that anymore.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
483708083990822922.png
483708083990822922.png

Oct 27, 2017
Why is the required minimum spec on PC a 1050? What's with the millions of commoners who want to play the game like me who still have a 970?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Oct 31, 2017
Why is the required minimum spec on PC a 1050? What's with the millions of commoners who want to play the game like me who still have a 970?
Your 970 should handle it easily. The 970 is very comparable in power to a 1050. Japanese devs like to throw around random specs for their games that are rarely kept to. I still remember the somewhat steep minimum requirements for DOA5LR and the actual game could run on a potato.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
They should really nerf Inferno and allow him into ranked or online in general just for the sake of not having one less character.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
Your 970 should handle it easily. The 970 is very comparable in power to a 1050. Japanese devs like to throw around random specs for their games that are rarely kept to. I still remember the somewhat steep minimum requirements for DOA5LR and the actual game could run on a potato.

it's more like 1060 or 980 overclocked at 1080p should be fine granted your cpu is still semi solid.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
I'm hoping too. I'm using a 970m and it's got me quite far. Tekken and Street Fighter mostly high settings with a few tweaks to keep it at 60. I've heard if you can run Tekken you should be ok so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
it's more like 1060 or 980 overclocked at 1080p should be fine granted your cpu is still semi solid.
True, the 970 is a great card. I sold mine recently but I would still be using it today if I played games at 1080p.

Hopefully. After all the thing is still on par with whatever is in a PS4, which can run the game obviously.
True. It's more powerful than the base PS4 and perhaps even on par or close to the PS4 Pro's power level. As long as you have a decent CPU you should be okay ^_^.