Semfry

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine having dialogue so bad people think you're fucking with them when someone screenshots it💀💀💀

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
The writing and acting is pretty damn awful. It's a shame because the production values are high and the show is really great whenever there isn't someone talking or in frame at all.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
I was going to give it a chance... I'll just rewatch the original series for the 50th time instead.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Sigh. At the risk of being reductive, nothing about this show feels *cool.* Cowboy Bebop is cool as shit. This just feels like fans trying really, really hard to be cool, and failing.

Hit-Monkey feels a hundred times cooler and effortless than this, seriously.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, HBO made misses like First & 10 and Arliss before they did The Sopranos, and even after that they still produced dreck like Entourage, True Blood and the last four seasons of Game of Thrones.
Damn, you're going all the way to 1984 lol.

My point is that Netflix could at least take stuff more seriously. HBO doesn't bat 1.000 but they have a reputation for a reason.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
It's like the got one of the dudes who translated and recorded the all of the voice lines for all of the characters in some of those 80/early 90s anime dubs to write this shows original script by himself

Pop-O-Matic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, you're going all the way to 1984 lol.

My point is that Netflix could at least take stuff more seriously. HBO doesn't bat 1.000 but they have a reputation for a reason.
We're in a very different television landscape than we were during the rise of HBO. You've got to be producing and releasing these big exclusive shows at a rapid clip to ensure your maintain attention and subscribers (especially with Netflix's all-at-once release model), making it a lot harder to exert some sort of stringent quality control.

greatgeek

Oct 25, 2017
In the context of a strange, unattractive person making awkward, unwanted advances, it's kind of funny.

Fudgepuppy

Oct 27, 2017
Only anime at the top of my head that would make sense to get an American live action adaptation, is Full Metal Alchemist.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they should have just let an AI write this after training it on the original show

Oct 27, 2017
IMG_2563.jpg

This line also happens a few seconds before the lines in the OP too.
lmao, oh man

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I invite my CBop brethren to join Dragonball, BAA/GUNNM, GitS and Berserk fans in the bad manga/anime adaption club.