• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Makes sense. If you make a sequel set in the same time period as the previous game you'd be stupid to not bring back fan favorite weapons. And we already saw some old Black Ops maps returning on day 1 in Black Ops 4. Hopefully they wont do it to cover up the fact that there's a short amount of new maps though, BO4 only had 10 brand new maps on launch.
Having the weapons doesn't mean much if the balance ends up totally different, but I'll withhold my judgement.
This also. They brought back some old guns with Infinite Warfare but rebalanced them

Oct 25, 2017
Yes please
latest

latest

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Having just sunk 20 hours into MWR since it was added to PS+ a few weeks ago, I'm really thirsty for some MW2 and hearing more confirmation that they're just going to slap some MW2 stuff into MW4 and release a MW2 campaign remaster alone is incredibly upsetting.

cb1115

Oct 25, 2017
if the campaign is on the same quality level as IW this could end up being real special

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Exactly. Or the Rangers that they put into MWR. To make them fit that game's shotgun 'balance', they were absolutely horrid compared to their MW2 counterparts. It's purely for visual nostalgia.
Yeah. Anyone expecting guns like the UMP, Intervention and MP7 to return while also being just as good is setting themselves up to be disappointed.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
It makes sense. Activision wants users playing Modern Warfare 4 more than remasters, so splitting a userbase between MW2 Remastered, MW3 Remastered and MW4 and giving each of them a separate multiplayer mode wouldn't be a logical choice. This is probably a reason why they're planning to release only a singleplayer campaign for MW2 remater.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Oh man, this is gonna be weird, I do kinda wish MW1 maps would get in as well but MWR exists so...

Dec 20, 2018
Damn there is not much choices for decent mw3 maps outside of Mission,Hardhat, and Resistance. The rest of those maps can go to hell. Maybe bring Dome back for the people that like the tiny clusterfuck maps like Nuketown and Shipment.