• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Earlier today it was officially announced by the AG that there is an ongoing investigation into the conduct at MSU, and it will be no holds barred.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/27/us/michigan-state-attorney-general-nassar-investigation/index.html

A special prosecutor will investigate Michigan State University "from the president's office down" over how former MSU sports physician Larry Nassar could have sexually abused girls and young women for nearly 20 years without university action, Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette said Saturday.

The investigation began last year, Schuette's office said, but the scope and makeup of the probe wasn't announced until Saturday, during a week in which Nassar was sentenced to state prison and two top officials stepped down.

"My department ... will find out who knew what and when, who took action, who failed to take action, what did or did not happen, and what should have happened," Schuette said at a news conference in Lansing.

"No individual and no department at Michigan State University is off-limits."

During the press conferece, the special prosecutor's responds to a question about MSU's board of trustees calling for their own private "investigation" (yes, just like Penn State had done) on the scandal,

"Let me also add this, I don't need advice from the board of trustees at MSU about how to conduct an investigation.

Frankly, they should be the last ones to be providing advice given their conduct throughout this entire episode.

Their conduct throughout this entire episode, speaks for itself."

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
My hope is that this exposes all the dirty laundry that the university has hidden from the public, as a sobering example to all the others.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Of course he is, guy is looking for anything and everything he can to score points for his run for Governor which as a Republican he's gonna need a lot of.

TheForgotten

Oct 27, 2017
given how they have put the money they make from sports over the safety of students. They should be banned from all sports for good.

This will keep happening at schools all over America until they get their sports taken away. When they lose that money they will finally take sexual assault serious.

The NCAA is too gutless and corrupt to do anything just look at Penn St and Baylor. they even gave Penn State back wins, and Penn State celebrate Joe Paterno. He knew what was going on and saying nothing enabled Sandusky to keep doing it.
Just like MSU and USOC officials knew and enabled Nassar

Oct 27, 2017
God help us if he becomes governor, but the highlight of my November will be the certainty that Bill Schuette is no longer my state's AG. Let's hope he demands more accountability from my alma mater than he did from everyone who poisoned Flint.