• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Seeing Lizard, and absolutely loving Reptile in MK1.... I want to BEEEEE him!

Which has me wanting some kind of MP mode where Kraven has everybody rounded up and pits them against each other, gladiator-style. Think MK Shaolin Monks (or Xenogears debug mode) with the tacked on MP. THAT!

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing Lizard, and absolutely loving Reptile in MK1.... I want to BEEEEE him!

Which has me wanting some kind of MP mode where Kraven has everybody rounded up and pits them against each other, gladiator-style. Think MK Shaolin Monks (or Xenogears debug mode) with the tacked on MP. THAT!
He should just round up all the animal themed characters and throw them into a battle royal setting. I think he co-opted Central Park to do that in a somewhat recent story.

BRVR

Mar 9, 2022
Holy shit, I don't know if some people know or not but there is a big spoiler regarding Venom (not who Venom actually is) that was heavily hinted at during the gameplay event, to be honest it's also hinted at it in the trailers. the certain clip is going viral on twitter now and god damn my hype has shot through the roof.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, I don't know if some people know or not but there is a big spoiler regarding Venom (not who Venom actually is) that was heavily hinted at during the gameplay event, to be honest it's also hinted at it in the trailers. the certain clip is going viral on twitter now and god damn my hype has shot through the roof.
I can't check Twitter rn but is it possible that

Venom is a playable character??

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
So we can also customize colors of the suits right?

I thought of this awhile back, maybe someday for future Niche-Mans, we could fully customize our own original suits based/using on existing Niche-Man suits.

Like using which spider logos, putting them anywhere on the body, using which material/fabric, which masks/eyes/gloves/colors/etc.

That would be cool & innovative/evolution of the series' in the future.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
So we can also customize colors of the suits right?

I thought of this awhile back, maybe someday for future Niche-Mans, we could fully customize our own original suits based/using on existing Niche-Man suits.

Like using which spider logos, putting them anywhere on the body, using which material/fabric, which masks/eyes/gloves/etc.

That would be cool & innovative/evolution of the series' in the future.
To a certain extend, yes. Most (but not all) suits have 3 extra color variations.
Full suit customization would definitely be a nice thing for Spider-Man 3 too.

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
I know it was touched upon in the IGN preview, in regards to 3D audio. Will Insomniac also make use of Dolby Atmos? I know that recent update basically takes the Tempest 3D audio and places it into an Atmos container, I just didn't want the weirdness that has occurred in like FFXVI where sometimes dialogue is sent to height speakers randomly.

Yes and We mixed Cinematics in Atmos as well. Not sure on specifics of containers and all of that in terms of real-time gameplay though!

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Yes and We mixed Cinematics in Atmos as well. Not sure on specifics of containers and all of that in terms of real-time gameplay though!

Damnit, y'all really gonna make me connect up the Atmos channels on my speakers? I mean, it's the crappy Atmos where they bounce off the ceiling from my main channels, but still! lol

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
This all sounds great. I realized early this year that Spider-Man and Miles Morales combined are probably in my top 10 games of all time at this point just for being easily the best Spider-Man games, and this is sounding better in every way. Man, what a year for video games, we're truly blessed

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Man, the Easy Allies preview got me really excited, I can now finally say that I'm really excited for SM2 and can't wait till it's out.

zeldor711

Feb 11, 2020
Argh, I really need to finish MM. I replayed the first game not long before I started MM and it was all so similar I got a bit burnt out.

Looks like this game is shaping up to be the perfect sequel.

PhillyPaw

Banned
Apr 11, 2021
Man the villians in this game > the ones in SM2018 and MM.

Venom, Kraven, Mysterio, Lizard are some of my favorite. Excited to see Wraith. And Mr. Negative & Prowler are back for Miles. One interesting theory I saw in a video is that Mysterio will actually be a side boss meant for only Miles to take on. Which makes sense, being that Peter already faced Mysterio in this universe, so his tricks wouldn't hit the same, but Miles has no clue. Plus, you can see Miles and Gankee in a screenshot, who a lot assume is Mysterio w/o the fish bowl.

SM3 can be Goblin, Sandman, Carnage, and some others.

PMA

Alt account / Attempted to circumvent ban with alt
Banned
Sep 13, 2021
Honestly, I'd happily take a Miles Morales-sized Venom game between Spider-Man 2 and 3.

They could easily do expansion / DLC / Miles Morales style sequels for Venom and Ghost Spider/Gwen. My daughter would flip if they did a Ghost Spider game- it's her favourite character.

Nov 14, 2017
I want this game's "surprise Doctor Octavius reveal that isn't spoiled by marketing" to be Miles walking the halls of Brooklyn Visions and running into Gwen.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
We still don't have confirmation that you can actually toggle the symbiote suit on and off right?

Would love the option, can only imagine how great that animation would look as it engulfs peters body as well as retracts.

Nov 14, 2017
We still don't have confirmation that you can actually toggle the symbiote suit on and off right?

Would love the option, can only imagine how great that animation would look as it engulfs peters body as well as retracts.
I saw somewhere that the actual symbiote costume is just like any other and you can use the symbiote powers with any suit you want.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
Got it. So you couldn't be wearing the advanced suit and have the symbiote "activate" so to speak. It doesn't cover up the suit you're currently wearing.

Just how I imagined it'd work when the symbiote was originally introduced I guess. Appreciate the clarification!

Would be interested to know if that was ever the plan for it at some point though.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
Got it. So you couldn't be wearing the advanced suit and have the symbiote "activate" so to speak. It doesn't cover up the suit you're currently wearing.

Just how I imagined it'd work when the symbiote was originally introduced I guess. Appreciate the clarification!

Would be interested to know if that was ever the plan for it at some point though.
One video I watched mentioned that the "Symbiote Rage" form does override your current suit and transforms you into a different version of the black suit so there's that at least.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many times you go ageist the Lizard though out the game has to be multiple times
2-3 times is my guess:
One where you chase him (shown already)
One final fight against him
One fight in a lab against him as you try and get him to transform back to Dr. Connors (gotta get the lab fight in there somehow!)

Oh, and maybe a good ol' Sewer fight against him. For cliche's sake.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
2-3 times is my guess:
One where you chase him (shown already)
One final fight against him
One fight in a lab against him as you try and get him to transform back to Dr. Connors (gotta get the lab fight in there somehow!)

Oh, and maybe a good ol' Sewer fight against him. For cliche's sake.
Yeah about 3 times makes sense, they said you go against alot of villain's in this game so I cant imagine more times then that.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah about 3 times makes sense, they said you go against alot of villain's in this game so I cant imagine more times then that.
Yeah, I feel 2 is probably the sweet spot maybe not counting the big encounter they showed (unless there is a boss fight at the end of it?)
Assuming they are planning roughly 6 main villains in this game as well (or slightly more, I think we had around 10? for Spidey 1?) then Id think most would be one and done unless they plan on fleshing them out a big which Id not be against. Like, Kraven, Venom and presumably Lizard will get quite a bit of screen time, but for say... Mysterio (who Im feeling more confident at appearing), I doubt they'd have him one and done - I definitely feel we'll get a situation like Spidey 2 (PS2) where he has a number of appearances where he uses his illusions, robots etc. to craft some amazing set pieces for Spidey, maybe with just the one proper "boss" fight against him.

And since I love to guess bosses for these games, here's who Im thinking/hoping will appear:

Confirmed:
Venom
Kraven
Lizard

All but confirmed/likely:
Wraith (pick up her plot from the DLC, Yuri's way too interesting not to use again)
Task Master (side missions again, felt like they werent done with him)
Prowler (some map icons look like Prowler - now whether its a new Prowler or not is another thing entirely up in the air)
My Negative (Martin Li is in the trailer. Who knows if he's actually a villain though. But presumeably a prison break is occurring at some point...)
Mysterio (there's one villain in the trailer shown that wears purple and has a similar scarf to ol' fish bowl head, and he's the easiest dude to add into a Spidey game for pure spectacle no matter the plot)

Has potential to show up, but Im not 100% sure they will:
Hobgoblin (Do a "Spidey 90s cartoon" and have him show up prior to GG with stolen Oscorp tech)
Sandman (Big villain, big set piece potential, but... feels like too many big villains used at once. Probably saved for Spidey 3)
The Sinister 6 (As in - PS4's version. Aside Li, I dont see them using them again so soon, but that prison break...)
Shocker (No reason to show up beyond being a dude Symbiote Spidey beats up. Well that and 90s cartoon meme potential)
And a bonus "X-Men" nod here - Sabretooth/Deadpool - Quick team up with Wolverine to take them down. Cute way to show off Wolvie's skills and VA prior to his own game.

Not happening:
Green Goblin (I refuse to believe we get three main villains in the game. Kraven and Venom already have precenses as main villains. They wont waste THE Spidey villain in this game, no way. Will be in Spidey 3 instead)

And lastly, the special tier no one wants to acknowledge:

Screwball tier:
Totally happening ;) I say this as quite possibly the sole person who enjoyed her missions. Bring her back! <running for cover>

Jazar

Oct 25, 2017
South Florida
I'm happy that they are adding optional fall damage. Let me take the training wheels off of swinging and make it a true skill to master!

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Hehe, it would be amusing if with the fall damage turned on you could wind up doing something like this:

maxresdefault.jpg