• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, that sounds like Morlun as the big villain.

If anyone can make Morlun interesting, it's this team. (Morlun was fine in his first appearance as a really tough guy that Peter had to push himself to defeat. It was subsequent appearances that made him significantly less interesting. And then they gave him a family...)

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone can make Morlun interesting, it's this team. (Morlun was fine in his first appearance as a really tough guy that Peter had to push himself to defeat. It was subsequent appearances that made him significantly less interesting. And then they gave him a family...)

I just honestly hope they don't do Karn dirty. Out of them all I like him the most. If he ever shows up

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Not sure where you guys are getting Morlun from.

I'd like to see it done (SWORD VIGOR) but I don't think the Spider-totem stuff works for this.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fucking freaking out over here. I've never been excited for a movie to be divided up. This I am. I want as much of this as fucking possible.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
So I watched the Back to the Future trilogy last weekend, and whatever reason I kinda got vibes of that from this trailer. But not in the conventional way. It's just that both BttF and Spider-Verse kind of ended on these cliffhangers that leave no time to breath and just jump into the next adventure that the second movie then has to address, and I wonder if that's for the best. Also, in both cases, the second and third movie are being made more or less back to back with each other.

But anyways, that aside, loved the first Spider-Verse and this looks stunning visually so far, so I hope it's good. Kind of hope they go a different direction than Morlun, if they can think of a good idea.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
So I watched the Back to the Future trilogy last weekend, and whatever reason I kinda got vibes of that from this trailer. But not in the conventional way. It's just that both BttF and Spider-Verse kind of ended on these cliffhangers that leave no time to breath and just jump into the next adventure that the second movie then has to address, and I wonder if that's for the best. Also, in both cases, the second and third movie are being made more or less back to back with each other.

But anyways, that aside, loved the first Spider-Verse and this looks stunning visually so far, so I hope it's good. Kind of hope they go a different direction than Morlun, if they can think of a good idea.
I don't mind Morlun but I DO mind if fan-favorite spiders job to him

bring back MC2 Peter, Capcom VS Peter and Hostess Fruit Pies Peter

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind Morlun but I DO mind if fan-favorite spiders job to him

bring back MC2 Peter, Capcom VS Peter and Hostess Fruit Pies Peter

They did do that first one.

tumblr_pk1ogncKAs1ru09bvo1_1280.jpg

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
People are annoyed they're "splitting" it and here I am just happy we get more Spiderverse movies

Anyway, looks good as expected. Year of Spider-Man continues!

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Man Sony really is pumping out the best Marvel content in the next few years Venom 2 and No Way Home this year, New Spider Verse next year and Spider-Man 2 on PS5 in 2023, and Wolverine in 2024.
I wouldnt be surprised if Venom 3 is out around Spider-man 2 PS5 game release to coincide which each other. (If it's not a Venom film, it will be Spidey 4 film)

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Now, this is going to be exciting. Best incarnation of Spider-Man apart from Insomniac's work and Spectacular Spider-Man by a long shot.

StormBrute

Oct 26, 2017
First movie was beautiful and told a great story for Miles and Peter, I'm sure this will overall be good as well but not at all looking forward to how they handle Gwen in this because I hated her portrayal as the generic blockbuster "strong female" love interest in the first movie and this trailer is already leaning harder into that.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
looks great for what was shown, would love to have the 3 live action Spider-Men crossover for a cameo tho

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Spider-verse was easily one of the best superhero movies of the last 10 years, so I'm excited for this.

Aug 27, 2018
First movie was beautiful and told a great story for Miles and Peter, I'm sure this will overall be good as well but not at all looking forward to how they handle Gwen in this because I hated her portrayal as the generic blockbuster "strong female" love interest in the first movie and this trailer is already leaning harder into that.
I didn't know this was an opinion that anyone actually held. I thought she was fantastic in the first Spider-Verse movie.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
Goddamn that looks hot. The first was some transcendent shit that came out of nowhere and this trailer is carrying that torch. Cannot wait.

BranCrackr

Oct 4, 2019
For some reason I had though Lord & Miller weren't involved with this one, but very thankful to be wrong

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
It's not based on a book or something that needs to be split up to milk more money out of it. This is just a standard trilogy, like we have all the time, with the simple difference that they title it part 1 and part 2, instead of Reloaded, Revolution or the Homecoming mcu movie trilogy.

So I don't get the complaints.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Can we get that Miles costume in the comics since Marvel is so adamant in changing his current and best look?

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I am now reminded that Spider-Verse was a post-credits scene in Venom back in 2018 lol

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Dune came out literally this year lol

Idk, I think people are thinking too much of this as one Spider-Verse movie split into two rather than just two new confirmed Spider-Verse movies back to back.
Oh yeah, I already forgot about Dune lol. I hated it there too.

But yeah, maybe this isn't that bad, but still calling your movie (Part One) is a bit eh IMO.

Anatole

Mar 25, 2020
The trilogy argument doesn't really hold water. If that were true, then the titles would be Into the Spider-verse Part II and Part III. It seems clear to me that these two movies are meant to be understood as their own unit. It won't matter in the end as long as Part I and Part II each have their own complete set of themes and character arcs, of course.

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
variety.com

Phil Lord, Chris Miller Sign Nine Figure Overall Deal at Sony Pictures Television

Phil Lord and Chris Miller have landed a massive new five-year overall deal at Sony Pictures Television, Variety has learned.

They're very involved in Sony's Spider-Man efforts
I would have been worried if it wasn't the same team behind the first movie. Are the writers the same as well? Care more that they do a good story with this, especially since it's split between 2 movies than it just visually looking nice again.

BranCrackr

Oct 4, 2019

beat

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if they're still planning on doing a Spider-Women spin-off.
According to a brief story from 2020, Hailee Steinfeld hadn't heard any new news since the stories in 2018 that Sony wanted to do one.
I would have been worried if it wasn't the same team behind the first movie. Are the writers the same as well? Care more that they do a good story with this, especially since it's split between 2 movies than it just visually looking nice again.
David Callaham (Shang-Chi) will be credited as one of the writers for Across the Spider-Verse. But Lord and Miller are definitely deeply involved.

I'm hyped for the new directors too. If part 2 is coming in 2023, there's almost no way parts 1 and 2 will have the same directors. Maybe part 2 will have the directors from Into The Spider-Verse?

Last edited:

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
Cool! It looks just as awesome as Into the Spider-Verse. And that had many highlights cast wise, especially Jake Johnson, but Gwen and Miles also worked really, really well together. Cool to see they're diving into that from the get go.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Still listening to the same song? That's kinda lame

Miles there is more music out there!