dobahking91

Oct 26, 2017
QOsji0J.gif

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How does Sony/Insomniac feel about Gameinformer promoting their game with 15fps gifs and trash-tier 360p footage? Do they really not care?

mrwilt

Oct 30, 2017
looks incredible. the last spiderman game I played was on the Atari 2600 back in 1982.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, this game keeps looking more awesome for every bit of new footage.
Weren't we supposed to get some footage of Jameson today? Or his voice atleast

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This was what I was most worried about and thankfully it doesn't look like it's leaning too hard into mindless Arkham mashing. The gadgets in particular look really fun.

I couldn't notice any hints of it in the video but I'd hope that enemies with projectile weapons can be reacted to with the Spidey sense like in the Spider-Man 2 game, particularly since going airborne seems to render the grounded mooks pretty ineffective in this footage. It'd be godlike if the game had something similar to Bayonetta's Dodge Offset but I'm gonna assume that's not the case.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: it worked

The combat is fluid and stylish, Insomniac is doing great in all fronts!

Last edited:

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Jesus Christ, Insomniac.

Their output this gen already has been insane but this looks like something else. Don't think I've ever been this hyped for a game before.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Admittedly, I'm kinda intrigued to see how versatile the mix up between melee, webshooter and gadgets are after hearing him talk about it.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was what I was most worried about and thankfully it doesn't look like it's leaning too hard into mindless Arkham mashing. The gadgets in particular look really fun.

I couldn't notice any hints of it in the video but I'd hope that enemies with projectile weapons can be reacted to with the Spidey sense like in the Spider-Man 2 game, particularly since going airborne seems to render the grounded mooks pretty ineffective in this footage. It'd be godlike if the game had something similar to Bayonetta's Dodge Offset but I'm gonna assume that's not the case.

I've seen some clips of bullets flying by in slow motion... So maybe?

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GI got the worst quality video coverage in gaming

Sub HD videos in 2018 for the big Sony exclusive???!!?

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
The combat looks so smooth..... love that it tries to keep you in the air most of the time, I wonder how crazy the gadgets can get. I wonder if they might throw in a Ratchet/Sunset gadget as a reference, would be cool.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
YES! This is so exciting! Thank you, Game Informer and Insomniac.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I'll ever get over the lack of a quip / taunt button to aggro enemies. Hell, I'd say that should take priority over the melee button for a Spider-Man game.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
This video player is trashola. Only getting a blank screen.

But the gifs look nice.

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
we're still tuning, but man you gotta use all four (webs, aerial, gadgets, environment) if you want to deal with bigger fights in the game

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Best video yet for me. Loved all the options with the different gadgets (like the time he put that tripwire thing on an enemy and it slammed him and the other one together, that was great) and all the environmental interactions and aerial moves. That stuff encourages experimentation! This video just increased my hype levels to the max. Looks like they're taking a bit of the Arkham formula and putting "Spidey" on it. Absolutely amazing.

Toa Axis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Combat looks really nice, but one thing in particular I hope they work on is the sound. The effects when hitting enemies, at least right now, fails to sell the impact of this guy with super strength punching you.